Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Solved] Halp! Roofing Issues...

itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
Anybody know what, or if anything, can be done about these pieces of roof sticking through the walls?
amHvC7x.png

When I use the tools to make the roof flush, it does this:
WAvx47L.png

But when I slide back a space, it leaves a gap:
NaFXyBQ.png
Current Play:
Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
See the Tree
Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
Post edited by itsmegamo on

Comments

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Not much, I'm afraid, at least for now. I have one trick to deal with this issue, but it only works in certain circumstances, and I can see that it won't work with the roof you have in the last two pictures.

But just so you know, for later, what I do is I make the roof as a combination of one gable roof and one half-hipped roof. Build the gable roof as you have it in the third picture, with that gap between the roof and the wall, then place the half-hipped roof in that gap with the flat side against the wall. Let the two roofs overlap, so as to seal up the gap.

Unfortunately, this solution requires that the roofed area extend from the wall at least as far as its width. It also requires that your gable roof piece have no eaves, since the half-hipped roof has none ... or, that you have something in the corner to hide the discrepancy.
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    @Xinqun Aw, poo. Thanks for the answer. Will keep your process in mind for future builds.
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    @Xinqun I managed a fix! I removed the rear roof lip completely and just made the first and second floor walls flush. For the side wall, I used your half roof in the gap tip. Not perfect but definitely not as unsightly as before. Thanks again for the help!
    O97n33U.png
    ZXgNdyL.png
    Current Play:
    See the Tree