Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires bugged after Parenthood pack

Comments

• Options
    MissCherieMissCherie Posts: 408 Member
    You guys don't like to see stuff like that?

5px2usl.jpg

But yea I noticed it too, and they ALL have hats, glasses, gloves, and all the accessories (necklace, earrings, bracelets, etc...).

gCQKjq4.png
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    I sent my newest Sim to hang out in Forgotten Hollow one night and Caleb Vatore and Vlad came walking by looking like this:

243p20k.png

Edited: Hmm, I don't know why that didn't work. Going to try again.

Edited: Well I got the picture of Vlad to work, but Caleb won't upload. Tinypic is glitchy today. I'll try later.

I need the Steve Buscemi gif for this lol
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited June 2017
    For me romance festival (which was bad before) went completely insane. They're all wearing underpants with lace tights and random helmets. I think I spotted one crazy vampire too... There she is!
    nGlv0b1.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2017
    @SimGuruNinja, could you please add to that list Sims are again wearing silly hats, like remember when we had that bug where the NPC repair Sims, wore some sort of gear hat? It was patched. well now it's back and even any townie is spotted in it now and other type work related hats/or aspiration (career level) hats.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    NamikoKawaNamikoKawa Posts: 64 Member
    I think it's both City Living and Vampires that's bugged I've seen sims in weirdo outfits not just vampire outfits. They dress in very odd clothing like in City Living where sims would wear swimsuits and the wrestling mask and the odd mix of clothing you would only see late at night in San Myshuno. But now it's every where at night always you rarely see a normally dressed sim at night...
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I haven't noticed this issue, I'm here for the pictures :lol:
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I finally got tinypic to work again. Here's Caleb:

ixuq9w.jpg

• Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    Thank you to the op...I thought it was just me. I Just watched a vamp woman walk by in front of my sims house wearing a pirate hat and fairy wings! LOL. I know she was a vampire, because one of my sims is a vampire, and he was getting a bit thirsty so I was going to have him compel her, and he couldn't.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited June 2017
    For me it isn't just the vampires, all my townies go crazy and walk around with the most horrible outfits.

This is just really really irritating :'(

I use to know who all the sims are just by looking at them, or which town they live in depending on fashion. Now I just don't know anyone, I have to actually look at the nameplate for every single sim since all of them have all possible items stuffed on them.

-Evening gown, roman helmet, bowling glove.

-Smallest possible shorts, thights that goes up above the shorts and down into the sneakers. A pair of socks over the thights. Gloves that goes to the elbow and a nice big shawl over the head to possibly distract from the mini-mini-top. Round it off with sunglasses.

06-08-17_1-14-59nbspPM_zpspdogun8m.png

HELP!!

Edit: I forgot to add that they only wear crazy clothes during the night. At daytime everything is ok.

... what goes on at midnight in the Simsworld? :D
    Post edited by SilentKitty on
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I see this at all hours of the day and mostly at the festivals in San myshuno
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Hmm. I have not seen this at all! How very bizarre. Part of me would like a bizzaro world for a bit, but I would probably get annoyed pretty quickly.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2017
    Apparently, it's from the patch. I don't have Parenthood yet and I just encountered a townie strolling past my Sims' house in Oasis Springs at night in relatively normal clothing sportin a Roman soldier helmet. :/
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    I actually had this glitch but with my household vampires and before the pack was released.
  • Options
    randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    I posted before how it was happening to the NPC vampires in my game but I started to look closer, after all these posts about non vampire sims dressing strangely! and it is the non vampire sims also in my game. My sim was chatting up Victor Feng in the street. Everything looked normal, he was wearing his signature Suit and Tie outfit, everything was fine. Suddenly, I noticed that he was wearing his wife's high heels! LOL
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i'm sorry, but that picture of caleb up there...he needs to be sent to the fashion police thread, badly.

and yeah, these things are both hideous and hilarious. seen a fair bit of it in my game, too, though mostly only noticeable on the vampire households since most of the others aren't up terribly much when the sun is down. currently, unplayed sims just want to wear all the things! hats, earrings, glasses, rings, bracelets, gloves, tights, socks...if there's a clothing slot for it, it needs to be filled before you head out for a night on the town! (though, i do admit a few of the things i've seen, i've screenshotted specifically so i can recreate them on a few of the more eccentric townies...)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    I've noticed that since I got the new pack the townies seen walking around the neighborhood at night are now wearing totally random outfits. I think they're vampires and the vampire wannabes that are supposed to be wearing clothes from the Vampire pack. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've had a rash of townies spawning with random hats -- first time was at the Romance Festival, and my Sim was one of the few not wearing a hat. (Mortimer Goth showing up with an animal hat was quite entertaining).

05-25-17_7-15-11PM_zpsggcxm2uq.png

But then today one of my Sim kids showed up in an outfit that is not in his wardrobe.

This is Emory Holiday normally:
    06-11-17_4-20-51PM_zps1wiixhit.png

And this is how he came home from school:
    06-11-17_4-23-28PM_zpsrgvcilpu.png

Looking closer at the picture, I think his "brother" (technically they're not related but they live in the same house) Jaxon Purdue is also dressed strangely -- no weird head apparel but the shoes and outfit look different. Mom Cassidy Purdue looks fine. Jaxon gets his red hair from his mom Cassidy, eye color and skin tone from his dad Gunther Munch. Emory is the spitting image (male version) of his mom Summer Holiday; Gunther married Summer (thanks to MC Command Center) but they never really got along; eventually Summer divorced Gunther and he took Emory to live with Cassidy and Jaxon. Emory has a non-identical twin, Cameron, who lives with their father Gavin Richards, his wife Ulrike, and their daughter Destiny.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited June 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja, could you please add to that list Sims are again wearing silly hats, like remember when we had that bug where the NPC repair Sims, wore some sort of gear hat? It was patched. well now it's back and even any townie is spotted in it now and other type work related hats/or aspiration (career level) hats.

Oh yeah, I've seen Sims in the astronaut's helmet from the astronaut career. There was also the bug that finally got fixed where Tech Guru and Painters were going to work in weird hats and clown makeup -- I wonder if this is related. The hats and weird outfits don't show up when you're doing Modify in CAS with testing cheats activated, so there's no way to get rid of them.

I'll tag @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin on this as well -- I think they're two of the SimGuruExterminator squad for squashing bugs. :)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I thought Townies always just had tacky fashion senses.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    I've noticed that since I got the new pack the townies seen walking around the neighborhood at night are now wearing totally random outfits. I think they're vampires and the vampire wannabes that are supposed to be wearing clothes from the Vampire pack. Has anyone else noticed this?

I've had a rash of townies spawning with random hats -- first time was at the Romance Festival, and my Sim was one of the few not wearing a hat. (Mortimer Goth showing up with an animal hat was quite entertaining).

05-25-17_7-15-11PM_zpsggcxm2uq.png

But then today one of my Sim kids showed up in an outfit that is not in his wardrobe.

This is Emory Holiday normally:
    06-11-17_4-20-51PM_zps1wiixhit.png

And this is how he came home from school:
    06-11-17_4-23-28PM_zpsrgvcilpu.png

Looking closer at the picture, I think his "brother" (technically they're not related but they live in the same house) Jaxon Purdue is also dressed strangely -- no weird head apparel but the shoes and outfit look different. Mom Cassidy Purdue looks fine. Jaxon gets his red hair from his mom Cassidy, eye color and skin tone from his dad Gunther Munch. Emory is the spitting image (male version) of his mom Summer Holiday; Gunther married Summer (thanks to MC Command Center) but they never really got along; eventually Summer divorced Gunther and he took Emory to live with Cassidy and Jaxon. Emory has a non-identical twin, Cameron, who lives with their father Gavin Richards, his wife Ulrike, and their daughter Destiny.

My kid came home in that outfit (with turban) after he got a "A" the first time. I posted about it, and folks said that had been happening. Also happening for promotions in some careers.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I had a Sim wearing a neon orange baseball cap with an evening gown, sunglass (at night!) and a pair of gloves that were different colors (one blue and the other red)! B)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 2017
    This is really getting annoying and worse. I edit all my townie's clothes. Yet at night they keep walking around in the worst garb you've ever seen! And its definitely not what I put on them! Hats, tights and socks together, gloves on each hand in different colors, and jewelry to the max. Also when they walk off screen, they come back wearing something else. In other words, they leave the lot, change clothes, and come back wearing something totally different, and maybe even crazier than they had on to start with!

I have had this since I bought the Vampire GP. I patched it and got the GP on the same day, release day. So idk if it was the pre Vamp patch or the GP itself that caused the problem since I did it at the same time.

Oh and i wanted to mention I seen a sim in this crazy garb, wearing a bracelet on both hands, that's only available for one hand in CAS. How that's happening idk.

ETA it's not only Vampires that do this, it is all unplayed sims, game generated, and ones I created
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    I'm seeing this glitch in my game. Sims wearing bizarre clothing combinations or no shirts, just underpants. lol Its pretty funny when my sim goes out to dinner and its a formal dress restaurant. Other sims dressed in hotdog getups or obvious male sims in formal gowns. My male political sim came home in heels. I thought he looked cute. :)
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    > @MsPhy said:
    > stilljustme2 wrote: »
    >
    > Jprp83 wrote: »
    >
    > I've noticed that since I got the new pack the townies seen walking around the neighborhood at night are now wearing totally random outfits. I think they're vampires and the vampire wannabes that are supposed to be wearing clothes from the Vampire pack. Has anyone else noticed this?
    >
    > I've had a rash of townies spawning with random hats -- first time was at the Romance Festival, and my Sim was one of the few not wearing a hat. (Mortimer Goth showing up with an animal hat was quite entertaining).
    >
    > But then today one of my Sim kids showed up in an outfit that is not in his wardrobe.
    >
    > This is Emory Holiday normally:

> And this is how he came home from school:
    >
    >
    > Looking closer at the picture, I think his "brother" (technically they're not related but they live in the same house) Jaxon Purdue is also dressed strangely -- no weird head apparel but the shoes and outfit look different. Mom Cassidy Purdue looks fine. Jaxon gets his red hair from his mom Cassidy, eye color and skin tone from his dad Gunther Munch. Emory is the spitting image (male version) of his mom Summer Holiday; Gunther married Summer (thanks to MC Command Center) but they never really got along; eventually Summer divorced Gunther and he took Emory to live with Cassidy and Jaxon. Emory has a non-identical twin, Cameron, who lives with their father Gavin Richards, his wife Ulrike, and their daughter Destiny.
    >

>
    > My kid came home in that outfit (with turban) after he got a "A" the first time. I posted about it, and folks said that had been happening. Also happening for promotions in some careers.

@MsPhy , I've had kids coming home after they *finally* get an "A" in school with weird outfits for a looooong time -- not sure how long though, but I think it has been for over a year! LOL :D I thought it was just in my game, so thanks for sharing that it happens to you too! <3
    I don't think the "A" grade bug is related to the Townie/Vampire bug though, since those are more recent. ;)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    This happened about a year ago:
    AstronautCamper1.jpg
    Though it's happening a lot more lately. My Sim went to the Romance Festival, and everyone was wearing a hat.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    It's even more atrocious when you have CC, let me tell you...