Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires bugged after Parenthood pack

I've noticed that since I got the new pack the townies seen walking around the neighborhood at night are now wearing totally random outfits. I think they're vampires and the vampire wannabes that are supposed to be wearing clothes from the Vampire pack. Has anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I've seen a lot of vamp wannabes and newly-spawned vamps walking around in strange outfits as well. Before the patch, they would wear the typical clothing from the Vampires pack, which matched relatively well. Now they're wearing knight helmets, police officer caps, and astronaut helmets, along with a strange amount of layering of accessories and clothing that I haven't seen before. Is this the problem you're referring to as well?
  • Options
    tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    Yes! I've noticed this as well. I've seen a few knight helmets and astronaut helmets and most of them are wearing shorts, too, and a weird amount of accessories!
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Yes! Exactly what I'm experiencing as well. Before the outfits of these vamp wannabes were more or less ok. Now they make no sense! I hate it!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    FWIW, QA have acknowledged this one on Twitter. Really hope we get a fix next patch because meantime my Sims are staying indoors at night - it's just too immersion-breaking.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FWIW, QA have acknowledged this one on Twitter. Really hope we get a fix next patch because meantime my Sims are staying indoors at night - it's just too immersion-breaking.

Hahaha! Same here! My Sims are staying home in the evening not because they're afraid of vampires but because their outfits are just too ugly!
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    The auto dressing feature is broken... but seriously I hate this feature. I picked all the clothing for every vampire in my world and I really want to see them in that clothing. I haven't gotten a new townie vampire in ages as I've got a lot of vampires in my world, and every vampire is a played Sim.

I just don't like when the game second guesses my outfit choices on played Sims and I really want it to stick to the catalog of outfits I created, as I spent, more than an hour on each of them (most of my played Sims have 3 to 5 outfits in each clothing category, and I'm slow at CAS).
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    edited June 2017
    Pretty sure it's not just vampires. I've seen non-vampire townies (also my own sims) going around in abysmal outfits.

I mean just look at these abominations. And neither vampires!
    05-27-17_4-38-39AM_zpskotc9rmb.png
    05-27-17_4-57-37PM_zpsczzcv5dg.png

*shudders*

On the bright side, the glitch DID give me the opportunity to see Vlad in a flower crown. But I didn't take a picture of that.
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    Me too; however, how do we know if they are vampires or not?
  • Options
    Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    So my vampire usually complains of sunlight at night and has just died from Sunlight at 10:pm....He chaated on his pregnant wife so maybe it was nature's way of revenge (yh its a bug)..nd now his pregnant girlfriend won't leave his matrimonial home..
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    @BlueR0se :o OMG, now THAT'S some really bad outfits...yikes. No, thank God, I have not seen any dressed anything like that. No wonder none of your sims go out at night.

That really needs to be fixed, and quickly! :#
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    What's a vampire wannabe? I've never seen one despite owning Vampires since day 1.
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm experiencing this as well, and it's happening to all of my unplayed sims, even ones that I placed and dressed myself, I don't know if it's mainly the vampires that it happens to, though I could be biased since I'm playing in Forgotten Hollow at the moment.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    What's a vampire wannabe? I've never seen one despite owning Vampires since day 1.

Vampire wannabes are the walk-by sims you see at night dressed in TS4 Vampires clothing, but aren't actually vampires. From what I can tell, any unplayed sim can be randomly selected to be a vampire wannabe at night. Most actual vampires just wear their normal outfits.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I am so glad that this is a bug. It is so irritating to see my sims walking around like this. Hope it will get sorted soon :smile:
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    We've been notified of the issue and are investigating.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I've seen my vampires show up in the relationships panels of other sims and their icons are dressed in the worst headgear imaginable.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited June 2017
    I sent my newest Sim to hang out in Forgotten Hollow one night and Caleb Vatore and Vlad came walking by looking like this:

243p20k.png

Edited: Hmm, I don't know why that didn't work. Going to try again.

Edited: Well I got the picture of Vlad to work, but Caleb won't upload. Tinypic is glitchy today. I'll try later.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I sent my newest Sim to hang out in Forgotten Hollow one night and Caleb Vatore and Vlad came walking by looking like this:

243p20k.png

Hmm, I don't know why that didn't work. Going to try again.

Vlad's just trying to get hip with the youngsters.
  • Options

243p20k.png

Edited: Well I got the picture of Vlad to work, but Caleb won't upload. Tinypic is glitchy today. I'll try later.

Lol this is actually not too bad compared to what my vampires are wearing now!
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I saw the one that cam with the pack vlad wearing a weird hat
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited June 2017
    He's got something similar going on in Oasis Springs:

ERN0emg.png

And this is definitely not how these guys were dressed last time I was at their house...although, take away the hats and there's a certain panache.

6GemxX9.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Jprp83 wrote: »

243p20k.png

Lol this is actually not too bad compared to what my vampires are wearing now!

I actually kind of like it, especially his backwards baseball cap. :D I wish I could upload the picture of Caleb; it was absolutely horrible. I've tried several times, but I've read that other people are having problems with tinypic today so I'll give them some time to work it out and try again tomorrow.

I did take them both into CAS and these outfits aren't set in any of their categories, so I don't know where they're coming from. I know it's a glitch from the patch, but surely it isn't just randomly generated each time we see them because Vlad was wearing this same outfit when I played last night too.
  • Options
    I take back what I said about their outfits not being randomly generated every time we see them. I just went into my game and played for about 10 minutes with my Sim playing chess in Forgotten Hollow and Vlad has walked by 3 times in 3 different outfits and accessories. I liked the one I posted a picture of, but now they're becoming increasingly more bizarre.

I've tried taking them into CAS to fix it but these strange, random outfits don't show up there. It's kinda funny because I know it's a bug, but since they don't always fix the bugs, I'm starting to get annoyed and worried that we might be stuck with this one forever.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I haven't played the game in awhile and was quite curious as to how my sims/townies would look with this new glitch.
    This is a picture of the very first townie that I ran into.
    06-03-17_12-53-50nbspAM_zpsxziswh21.png
    HOW? You can't even layer pants and bathing suits together...
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm glad to see sims knocking on the front door often again. I think this disappeared after Xmas. I invite 'em all in for a shindig!

And I'm assuming none of them are vampires considering I've a garlic wreath at the front door!
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    One of my npc vampires wanders around wearing the tinfoil hat. I laughed so hard I woke up both cats and the dog.