Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I seriously need a game clock

NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
edited June 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Like a neighborhood game clock, so I know what time of day it is before I go into a household. I am just not ever going to be one of those people who writes down the time and day of the in game clock when I stop playing so that I know what it is the next time I want to play. Maybe up there next to the world description in the info box.

tqZX0eH.png?1

Why this is important:
Sims who should be at work or school when you enter their household are not and are marked as late and or missing work or school.

Additionally showing their schedule would be really nice too.

Two of these people have a job.
ezV0Ep6.png
lmTRJWy.png

In fact. nearly all my sims have a job or school, so when I go to their house, they arent at work or school, they are at home, where they are not supposed to be - OR they are off on some social lot where they are also not supposed to be because they should be at work or school.

I can write their schedule into their info box if I can remember each time it changes, but it still doesnt help me if I dont know what the game clock is.
Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
Origin ID NectereSim

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    I am a rotational player and think it is a great idea! And I agree about the reason: Not being at work or school when starting to play with the family.
    I'm clicking on that Awesome button! :)
  • LevrondaLevronda Posts: 6 New Member
    This is such a great idea, having a little insight before diving in.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Absolutely!! I started a thread about this awhile back (link in my signature) but it didn't get much traction. I really hope they do something about this, though - it irks me to no end as a rotational player. I waste so much time loading a household, seeing that someone is "missing work", then going to the main menu without saving, loading the neighbourhood again, and trying the next family...

Ideally the best fix would be to make it so that Sims who are supposed to be at work or school are actually at work or school instead of inexplicably hanging around their home lot, but this would still be a useful feature even if they do fix that.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    is this an important must have in the sims4 some players already have tight schadule in real life so they go in the game to escape real life not relive it in the game? even if i went a bit of reality like washers and dryers in the game do not mean setup a tight schadule for my sims?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    is this an important must have in the sims4 some players already have tight schadule in real life so they go in the game to escape real life not relive it in the game? even if i went a bit of reality like washers and dryers in the game do not mean setup a tight schadule for my sims?

In game clock, not the real life one.
    For example, if it's 8:49 PM in real life and 9:00 AM in game, then it shows 9:00 AM.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member

It wouldn't be necessary to worry about our Sims' schedules in this way if the game managed unplayed Sims better for rotational players.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    More like want, not need. But I see why you (and others) would want this. I personally don't play rotationally and would never need this or use it. Though I can understand why it would be useful to those that play rotationally.

I don't think this is necessarily needed in game and I doubt it'll get added, but if it came to bettering the game and adding more features and options I would vote yes to this.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • icecoldfairyicecoldfairy Posts: 50 Member
    I just wish that they would fix it so that if your sims are meant to be at work at a specific time, they're there when you load the household.