Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Temple of Heaven (In China) Glitch

Hello all,

I was really enjoying the LTW my sim was having because I never got this deep into world adventures before. It is the LTW to fully explore 6 tombs in each location. So far, I had 4 in Egypt, 3 in China and none in France yet.

But a problem tonight made me wonder and worry if I could ever complete this LTW. I was exploring in the temple of Heaven's. I was getting further in the tomb (this was my second task in that tomb). I was on the quest "find the lost artifact" I was very close to getting to another part of the quest, but when I got down to a room with a full sized bed and a chest and two statues. I can only do two things out of the three before everything starts bugging out on me.

Everything will become "none clickable" it will say I have no actions anywhere not even the floor nothing. So I have to use resetSim to get my sim out of the Temple of Heaven Tomb. I tried muliple times to bypass this glitch but even if the three task are keyed up in the queue as soon as two are done everything because none clickable.

I went back to an early save played through again same thing happened. I did multiple saves trying each one, same thing happened. I used testingcheatsenabed and tried to move the chest with moveObjects but the temple shut down on me. I tried building on lot, same thing, temple went completely black and I had to use resetSim.

So I gave up that quest and went home.

Is this an known glitch? Are there ways around it? If I can't complete the temples of heaven, will I still be-able to explore six tombs in all locations? Idk but I thought the axe was in that temple?

Any advice and help would be appreciated, I am having fun with WA and don't want it to be corrupted and end.

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I've never had that problem and there are other issues in that tomb that are known glitches. It seems to my your Temple of Heaven lot may need to be reset.

There is a section on Expansion Packs in the forum. It used to be easy to navigate - then they merged all the expansions into one single place and it can take a while to find anything. However, if you have a look through it and maybe do a search on Heaven you might find something.

Did you get the tomb collection object when you found Pangu's Axe? It's location is now unreachable unless you use a cheat to teleport past part of the tomb that sims can no longer fit through.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I haven't heard of that glitch before, nor have I experienced it. A lot reset with NRaas MasterController might help.

The lost artifact is not from the same quest line as Pangu's axe. Pangu's axe is in that temple, but it's in a different section. After you get the axe there's a part of the tomb which is too narrow for sims to move through, which Karritz is referring to. You can use testing cheats and Teleport Me to get past it.

Another suggestion: I've had really bad performance issues in tombs if I don't have my FPS capped. Check that you have vsync enabled or otherwise cap your framerate.
  • Options
    _mcarchia611_mcarchia611 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m experiencing this glitch in all of the temples, it’s basically made the world adventures unplayable. Help!
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top