Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not sure if bugs or intentions

NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
So has anyone else been having their gardening sim suddenly go off lot to pull weeds? Or to go nap on a bench off lot rather than with and on their home lot items?

oh and also throwing things away off lot plus cleaning up off lot trash when directed to throw something away while in home with trashcan two tiles away.
Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
Origin ID NectereSim

Comments

• Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I haven't experienced that. The weird thing has been that the gardener who takes care of the public garden two lots down keeps coming to chat with her while she's working in her garden. Never experienced that before.
  • Options
    Something funky is amiss. At first I was thinking they were opening the world up a bit.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2017
    My sim will go pull weeds ect and garden on his own now and then but what do you mean by off lot? The plants off lot can only be harvested as far as I know.
    I have had a sim go to sleep on a bench depending on where they live ... There is a small starter home in Oasis Spring near a bench and although it's been awhile I've found my sim napping on a bench there.. not sure if they went to nap there or talk to some other sim then nap because they were tired. My sims have gone to use a nearby off lot trash bin also if I forgot to put one out for them.. that's been awhile though.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    In the action queue (I had told my sim to weed his own garden) and he started walking off lot so I paused to see what the queue said and it said "remove wild plants" but then he proceeded to weed the wild plant, this was after he had completed weeding his own plants (6 plants, no where near the edge of the lot).

Another sim gets queues to go nap on a park bench off lot instead of his own bed, sometimes even at night when he is in house, right next to his bed. It is one of the higher comfort benches, but its off lot and his queue is specifically to go nap on that bench. So its comfort is advertising comfort calls to him I guess overriding his own stuff on lot. The bed is not rated uncomfortable but something is still amiss with the beds and he does wake with the moodlet from cheap mattress sometimes but not consistently.

The trash incident was with a fancy trash can that pays you, I told him to clean up a plate on his own lot so he (there is no sink) picked it up, went outside, went off lot and cleaned up trash that was somewhere else along with his own and used the neighborhood trash can where he was when he picked up the off lot trash pile. There is nothing blocking him, he just decided to go clean up off lot too.

Off lot = not on his lot, open space, non-buildable space, world, neighborhood.

New game, clean install, no mods/cc, fully updated, clean cache, empty screenshots folder.

I got frustrated enough that I have now deleted that save file/game because of the weirdness. I also had numerous aliens roaming around (undisguised) and hotdog people.

ok just checking!

Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I still haven't seen the harvest wild plants (started playing today after installing Parenthood)... but I just noticed my Sim seems to be holding a snapdragon for a little while whenever he gardens now. Either I haven't paid close attention to the harvesting animation for awhile or that is new to me.
    Will be interesting to see if others having that stuff happen though. Sometimes they add stuff and it's not in the notes.
    egTcBMc.png