Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Parenthood Help Me

So I'm usually a single YA simmer. I only really have one sim and will usually have aging off. I have played families before and sometimes I really do enjoy it but very rarely so often I'll just quickly age my sim up. I'm wondering if this GP could make me enjoy playing families more or if I should just skip this one and not risk it.

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'd say you'd have to already enjoy the basic process of raising a family in the base game as this doesn't dramatically alter it, only enhances it.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    It definitely fleshes out families more. I immediately am noticing that children/teens are acting more like they do in real life! This means they will be moodier and troublesome and more fleshed out. If this appeals to you then buy it.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I remember really enjoying raising families in sims 2 but not in 3. With the new pack does it feel more 3 or 2.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    I remember really enjoying raising families in sims 2 but not in 3. With the new pack does it feel more 3 or 2.

I'd say closer to 2 but honestly it feels like a new creature of its own. It's super in-depth, much more than 2 was and it feels like something brand new. To me anyways. :)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I have a similar playstyle as you; I only play one sim and I keep aging off. I wouldn't say the pack makes me want to play families more, but it did inspire me to give my sim some parents and have him maintain a relationship with them as a YA. The character values should also be nice for enhancing his personality. So I wouldn't say it's a must have or a game changer for me as a non-family player, but it's still pretty useful.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    well you could watch not a review but a let's play someone who is just enjoying the pack for what it is to see, maybe it would make you want to play families a little more and maybe it wouldn't but picking a video instead of just buying it to see might be better. I love my single sims and couples as much as I love families so for me I like to have it either way.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png