Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For those who bought TS4 digital codes before.

meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
How long does it typically take for codes to be sent to you? Specifically Target.

Normally I physically go to the Target store when there's sales, but I'm tempted to purchase the packs I don't have online with two clicks right now. :DD

However, I'm turned off with the expected delivery date of June 6th. x__X Does that mean the code won't be delivered until June 6th? (What a crappy system, especially in this day and age, if that's true.)

Thanks in advance!

***Edit because my title looked like it was written by a 3 year old. Sorry. lol
Post edited by meeoun on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I've only purchased codes from Amazon and they immediately send you an email that it has been added to your Amazon digital library. Log in and get your code. Seems strange that you'd have to wait until June 6 for a digital code.
  • Options
    I've only purchased codes from Amazon and they immediately send you an email that it has been added to your Amazon digital library. Log in and get your code. Seems strange that you'd have to wait until June 6 for a digital code.

Thanks simgurl. It does seem strange, huh?

I think I'll hold off purchasing from there. :#

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Just checked out the Target website and it looks like they send you the gamebox with the code inside. So looks like it is actually sent through the mail.
  • Options
    aquabluefoxaquabluefox Posts: 74 Member
    This is what it says under product information for one of the stuff pack codes:
    What is Electronic Software Download or Digital Code product?
    Electronic Software Download or Delivered product is just like box software equivalent. This is a full version of the software, usually with the exact same End User License Agreement (license/use rights). The customer downloads the product directly to their computer from the Publisher site or a secure source endorsed by the Publisher rather than installing from a disk. The download link, instructions and license key are set to the customer via email, usually in 1-3 hours from purchase (deliveries can take up to 24 hours). Product keys are available if lost, and product can be re-installed if needed. For Services, the key that is sent is all that is needed to activate the service from the manufacturer’s site. Email communication will come from our service provider at (admin.noreply@esd.synnex.com).

So it should only take up to 24 hours. I just bought a few stuff packs from there so I guess I'll find out.
  • Options
    Thanks ♡
    That would suck if it's snail mail (USPS).

@aquabluefox
    Did your expected delivery date say June 6th too?
  • Options
    aquabluefoxaquabluefox Posts: 74 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    Thanks ♡

@aquabluefox

Yes. I would guess that it's just a default shipping estimate because it has to display one, just like I had to enter a shipping address even though it says that it will be delivered through email.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks ♡

@aquabluefox

Yes. I would guess that it's just a default shipping estimate because it has to display one, just like I had to enter a shipping address even though it says that it will be delivered through email.

I just called Target to ask.
    Not sure if it was language barrier, or I failed to articulate myself clearly on the subject.

Regardless, calling was pretty pointless for me. The Target lady was as useful as a glass hammer. She basically said what I can see online *face palm* (expected delivery date of June 6th). I just bought one SP to see.

Thanks again guys.
  • Options
    **Update**
    I just got the code.
    Patience is a virtue I lack. Took 5 minutes.
    lol
    (Sorry for double post)
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    Why are you buying product codes and not just buying them off Origin instantly? That is really confusing to me...
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    John4est wrote: »
    Why are you buying product codes and not just buying them off Origin instantly? That is really confusing to me...
    Normally I do.
    But there's a sale at Target right now.
    http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=sims 4
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    > @meeoun said:
    > Normally I do.
    > But there's a sale at Target right now.
    > http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=sims 4

OHHHHH! Okay! Very smart! Too bad I'm broke...

#brokeback mountain.

And I also think it is hilarious you didn't even wait 5 minutes before posting this! Hahaha, that is some eager beaver achiever
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    R3imiuR3imiu Posts: 256 Member
    How long does it typically take for codes to be sent to you? Specifically Target.

Normally I physically go to the Target store when there's sales, but I'm tempted to purchase the packs I don't have online with two clicks right now. :DD

However, I'm turned off with the expected delivery date of June 6th. x__X Does that mean the code won't be delivered until June 6th? (What a plum system, especially in this day and age, if that's true.)

Thanks in advance!

***Edit because my title looked like it was written by a 3 year old. Sorry. lol

if it says EMAIL DELIVERY you should get it in under an hour or so (free delivery @ checkout), CD ROM or ELECTRONIC SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD they ship the code to you in an emtpy gamebox ($?.?? shipping charge). you can tell which ones which at checkout, email delivery is free.
    [✨R3imiu's Alot of Lots Showcase✨] (forum & origin username is same: R3imiu )
    a1EEcS1.gif
    Me playing games like: Sims 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pocket Monsters 3DS, Sims 4
    ⍟ᴥ⍟ i watch my sims sleep