Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies are destroying my life!

psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
The problems I have in my game with townies are killing me. I know a lot of these has been discussed before, but it just keeps getting worse.
  • The townies all look the same, same face, same everything.
  • Some of the townies look all glitched, with huge eyes and a weird glitchy looking face. This also happens when I randomize sim's appearance in CAS.
  • I edit my townies regularly, but only like two of 10 of those I've edited stays there, and new weird looking NPCs replaces them.
  • Many of the townies doesn't age or die (especially those who looks the worst, lol).
  • All of the townies has the weirdest looking outfits on.
  • Sometimes there will be townie households where there's a parent and a child, and they don't share skin color, eye color or hair color.
  • Most of the townies have pregnant tummies. Not hating on pregnant tummies, but everyone has them in my game.
  • Almost every townie shares the same names, like Ishakawa, and a lot of other ethnic names that I can't remember.

Ugh. I wish they would just drop townies completely. Make us create our own set of townies.
tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Hello
    Other simmers have also posted about the way NPCs have been dressing in their game
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/918754/horrible-dressers-overload-of-accessories-since-newest-patch#latest

It would be best though to test to see if mods/cc are the cause of some of the issues that you are having..
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

With the not aging or dying issues, they may have a hidden trait that stops then from aging and dying,
    The Weirdo, CityRepair , and StatueBusker hidden traits prevent aging and dying
    If you want a certain NPC to age/die, try doing this. Play as the sim. Then type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    traits.remove_trait isWeirdo
    Press enter

See if that helps.
    isWeirdo can be replaced in the removal cheat with isCityRepair or isStatueBusker if that is the hidden trait that they have.
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I have since this patch seen so many townies wearing weird stuff, I have a girl sat in the bar wearing a knight's helmet.. with a dress like whyyyyyy
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    @FluorescentSoap I know! It stinks. I'm such a control freak as well, and I like things to be as realistic as possible in my game so when all male townies that spawns have pregnant tummies and the largest hips and the narrowest shoulders possible, I just freak out. I tend to never let my sims speak to npc's and just pretend that they don't exist.

@rosemow Thanks for the advice, but I have tried taking away mods several times before and it's never helped me. I think it's unfortunately just the issue with having random sims spawn, I don't think the townie issues will stop before the creaters just erase them from the game (which will not happen).
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    psykt wrote: »
    @FluorescentSoap I know! It stinks. I'm such a control freak as well, and I like things to be as realistic as possible in my game so when all male townies that spawns have pregnant tummies and the largest hips and the narrowest shoulders possible, I just freak out. I tend to never let my sims speak to npc's and just pretend that they don't exist.

@rosemow Thanks for the advice, but I have tried taking away mods several times before and it's never helped me. I think it's unfortunately just the issue with having random sims spawn, I don't think the townie issues will stop before the creaters just erase them from the game (which will not happen).

Same here!! I go around editing the premade's because I'm a CC Sims gamer myself, but the townies are just killing me.. nearly all the sims in my town seem to be super buff even the old women. Now that makes me wonder if that sim I saw before was actually pregnant or not LOL, she was walking perfectly fine so I guess not. Me too, I usually have set storylines in my game that involve certain sims I've made so I tend to let the townies do w.e and pretend they're just in a very diverse town and if I see a sim in a really crazy look I'll pretend they're just very eccentric and like a class clown type of character.. it hurts less. XD
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    psykt wrote: »
    The problems I have in my game with townies are killing me. I know a lot of these has been discussed before, but it just keeps getting worse.
    • The townies all look the same, same face, same everything.
    • Some of the townies look all glitched, with huge eyes and a weird glitchy looking face. This also happens when I randomize sim's appearance in CAS.
    • I edit my townies regularly, but only like two of 10 of those I've edited stays there, and new weird looking NPCs replaces them.
    • Many of the townies doesn't age or die (especially those who looks the worst, lol).
    • All of the townies has the weirdest looking outfits on.
    • Sometimes there will be townie households where there's a parent and a child, and they don't share skin color, eye color or hair color.
    • Most of the townies have pregnant tummies. Not hating on pregnant tummies, but everyone has them in my game.
    • Almost every townie shares the same names, like Ishakawa, and a lot of other ethnic names that I can't remember.

Ugh. I wish they would just drop townies completely. Make us create our own set of townies.

Could you share a picture? That description makes me think of the big eye glitch we got some time back that turned out to be related to some CC and I'm wondering if it might be that. I had a picture of those big, creepy eyes that happened, but I think I finally deleted it.
    @DivieOwl Now when I think about it, I don't think I've seen the glitch after the patch.
    The glitch is back, but only when using mods (as far as I've seen)

Also, I made a bunch of my own townies that disappeared as soon as I started playing on a family.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member