Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Champs-les-Sims Makeover

jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 3 World Builders
Hi!
I finally took the time to drag Champs-les-Sims into CAW to give it a makeover! The buildings are fabulous, so is the whole layout, but the surroundings are quite bland and unrealistic. Whoever has visited France, know lawns aren't to be seen in old towns, and gardens are surrounded by high hedges and walls...
So here's a video of the town before/after and another of the community lots... Enjoy! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCktBew6_fs&t=10s&index=8&list=PL98uo2orIj29WCmHwj0kNv12k4x5AK3Eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArXAj-NLMzA&t=1s&index=9&list=PL98uo2orIj29WCmHwj0kNv12k4x5AK3Eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVclkxdCzQA&t=2s
NymlADp.jpg
Post edited by jillbg on

Comments

• TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Very nice work! I always thought Champs Les Sims seemed a little unfinished, particularly the interiors. You really brought it to life.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @TreyNutz Thanks! I agree about the empty feeling, especially compared to Shang Simla and Al Simhara!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    That looks really nice ! I've been so tempted just to push through my agitation with CAW and edit Champs, just so i can get rid of that ONE PIECE OF ROAD that annoys me so terribly.
    And because I would like it to be a playable town rather than a vacation town, and none of the other edits I've found work 100%
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    @Pary my version works really good! :) And I've added small lots around the place, to take pictures - biking on the countryside or on my added streets etc... I'm doing the same with Al Simhara right now, but I think the only thing I need to do there is add a couple of diving spots -if the water is deep enough- and some picture friendly lots...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I have one version that's a non vacation town, but every time you load and reload the game, the lots are small blue squares. I don't know why. Does yours do that too? I am just curious as to if it is due to not being edited properly, or something that happens with all versions.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    edited May 2017
    @Pary When the game loads the first time, the map is blue, but it fills in normally in a couple of seconds. But as I said, it's only the first time, then it works fine. What version do you have?
    NymlADp.jpg
  • MoinesseMoinesse Posts: 155 Member
    @jillbg Is your makeover of Champs-les-Sims Available for download?
    edited June 2017
    @Moinesse No, not yet, but I'll see what I can do this W-E. I'll have to list all the CC first, and make a save file with the lots, as I couldn't place them in EIG. I'll also try the world on another computer first.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    @jillbg How are you going with your makeover of Champs-les-Sims?
    I love the appearance of that world, particularly love the houses.

I look forward to downloading it when you are finished. :p
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I've spent more time trying different versions of makeovers of Champs than I care to admit, but I really like what you've done to just fill in and add life to what is already there. I recognize a bit of the CC from the videos so I can help you if you need to track down links. Just lovely!