Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nrass story progression extras

Hello :mrgreen:

Please can somebody tell me what the extras on the story progression do? And which one you use?

Thank you

Comments

• donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    You can read up on all the SP add on modules and what they do here As for the ones I use, that would be career, extra, money, population, and relationship.
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • Chelseadude182Chelseadude182 Posts: 943 Member
    Thank you for replying. I do struggle to understand the information that is giving about the mod on the website :sweat_smile::blush:
    I have installed the same as you without population, but with 10 minutes of play I did not notice anything different lol
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Hello :mrgreen:

Please can somebody tell me what the extras on the story progression do? And which one you use?

Thank you

I go to the SP Interactions page, do a text search in my browser (CTRL+F) and search on the specific module I am interested in. Then I scan the page and see what options are included with that module. You probably won't see much of an effect in-game unless you change some of the options (depending on the module, of course).

I use Career, Extra, Population, and Relationship.
    Thank you. I thought that you can have family gatherings and baby shower if you download 'extras' but I don't know how to do this in the game
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Thank you. I thought that you can have family gatherings and baby shower if you download 'extras' but I don't know how to do this in the game

I don't think so. I think those options are for SP to simulate with the inactive population. @igazor would know better though.

I wasn't sure if you were asking specifically about the Extra StoryProgression module, or the different extra modules in general. The baby shower setting is in Population. I use Extra SP mainly for the option to give static motives to role sims. I would use it for its curfew settings, but I have another mod for that. I use Population mainly for the options when immigrating sims, and for the newborn options.
    edited May 2017
    Thank you. I have installed the population mod. I was asking for all the different extra mods I am using. I have no idea what they do but I have installed them, hearing that they are good :joy:
    I have installed career, extra, money, population, and relationship.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2017
    Thank you for replying. I do struggle to understand the information that is giving about the mod on the website :sweat_smile::blush:
    I have installed the same as you without population, but with 10 minutes of play I did not notice anything different lol
    StoryProgression contains a series of "Managers" that run behind the scenes all of the time. The additional modules expand their reach with enhanced functionality and provide more settings than the base mod for players to fine tune. None of them are going to display vastly different things in-game after only 10 sim minutes, the Managers take sim days to run their complete cycles.

The family gatherings and baby showers mentioned earlier are for inactives, take place off-screen all by themselves (although if you're lucky sometimes you will actually see the sims involved coming together at someone's house for these) and are reported on by way of stories. With or without stories, the net effects such as relationship gains still happen. But none of these involve actively being played sims, it's not like you can arrange a baby shower for one of your own pregnant sims. At least, not in the same sense or in a gathering called by that name.

SP Population is a big one because that's the one that allows for Advanced Genetics. Without that, or with it switched off, EA's genetics are still being used.

Did that hit most of the unanswered questions or did I leave anything out? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2017
    I usually have something in mind that I want to mod beforehand. I don't plop in mods just to mod my game. :p So I only install mods + extra modules based on my own needs.

I use the Interactions page and read all of it. It tells me which settings do what and if an extra module is required. If something isn't detailed enough in the description and I have more questions then I ask the NRaas forum. Like Trey, I use the keyboard commands CTRL + F to search for keywords. Table of Contents on the right side of the Interactions page is very helpful as well. The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page for each mod is a quick and easy way to find answers for common questions.

Here are the modules I pair with NRaas: Story Progression and what I use them for. They can do much more than what I use them for.
    Population
    • Adjusting how many days a sim has left in their life stage.
    • Maternity Leave
    • Advanced Genetics
    Extra
    • Curfew control
    Money
    • Increase taxes/bills
    • Child Support
    • Bank loans
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
    Thank you so much for replying to me. You all have been a big help. Do I have to activate the mods please?
    Also, what do you mean about EA genetics please?
    Thank you :)
    edited May 2017
    Thank you so much for replying to me. You all have been a big help. Do I have to activate the mods please?
    Also, what do you mean about EA genetics please?
    Thank you :)
    Not quite sure what you mean by activating a mod. If you unzip a TS3 mod and place the file in Mods\Packages, it will load up when the game loads. With StoryProgression, the base mod that is, the game should ask you if you want its version of progression in control upon startup the first time but you can always check on and change that. On City Hall or an in-game computer,
    NRaas > SP > General Options > Enable Progression > T/F

The add-on modules and the other mods don't really have a master on/off switch like that.

When two sims make a baby, EA's built-in genetics system is used to determine what attributes the baby will have. With SP's Population module, the NRaas SP system of Advanced Genetics takes over. This provides a more robust system of skin blending, allows the pull of genetic information from grandparents provided they exist in the world where/when the baby is born (the grandparents can be living or dead, they just have to be present in some form), and additional controllable settings under NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Pregnancy. Under Advanced Genetics there will also be less of a chance of babies born as the clones of one parent or the other, although that still happens sometimes anyway (it's the game). See the section of this page, three FAQs down, about genetics.
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression+FAQ+Pregnancy

Note that SP Extra is mentioned there. Twallan was in the process of switching these functions over from SP Extra to SP Population at the time of his retirement. We think this was completed, but usually recommend that players interested in Advanced Genetics use both modules to make sure.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TheAnSimsTheAnSims Posts: 2 New Member
    Please, can someone tell me where can i find The SP Population module? I'm going crazy trying to find it!! :neutral:
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    TheAnSims wrote: »
    Please, can someone tell me where can i find The SP Population module? I'm going crazy trying to find it!! :neutral:

@TheAnSims, the link to the new site is in @igazor signature. Hope this helps... :)
    TheAnSims wrote: »
    https://www.nraas.net/community/StoryProgression

Scroll down a bit, all of the SP modules are there and available for download. The new site is still a bit fussy to use and not all of the documentation has caught up with us yet, but it's all being worked on. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • TheAnSimsTheAnSims Posts: 2 New Member
    Omg... i feel stupid now hahaha.Thank you sooo much!!! :p