Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pufferfish Massacre

Have had City Living for awhile but never tried Pufferfish until today. My Sim ordered and learned it at a restaurant but didn't die. I decided to serve it at a dinner party just to see what happens. Ohemgeeee, it was bad. So bad. lol. I'm a horrible person. Check out the dude that just keeled over and died in his plate.

Poor little simmies!

rHZ934N.jpg

Comments

• Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    They clip through everything, too. One of my Sims was eating a pufferfish, and died: he keeled over straight through the counter and out of the house.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    Have had City Living for awhile but never tried Pufferfish until today. My Sim ordered and learned it at a restaurant but didn't die. I decided to serve it at a dinner party just to see what happens. Ohemgeeee, it was bad. So bad. lol. I'm a horrible person. Check out the dude that just keeled over and died in his plate.

Poor little simmies!

rHZ934N.jpg

:D:D:D:D I cracked up...I'm a terrible person I know, but I can't stop laughing!
  • kristal2424kristal2424 Posts: 131 Member
    That made my night, ive found a new way to kill sims yay.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Gonna have to try this
  • Slasher4242Slasher4242 Posts: 30 Member
    I laughed so hard, this gave me such a good idea.

I thank thee.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I laughed so hard, this gave me such a good idea.

I thank thee.

So many ideas flowing through my head right now too.
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    Dayung. O_O More Sims lost to Emperor Fugu Nigiri(sp?).

I don't have "City Living" yet, and I know I'm in the minority on this (because I'm *VERY* attached to my Sims <3), but the Pufferfish Nigiri(sp?) is the thing I'm most *NERVOUS* about in it (followed by the glitches, of course). ^_^;

What are the *EXACT* odds of losing inactive and NPC Sims to Pufferfish ordered autonomously from Food Stands? I've read before that it's at least usually safe when it comes from there, but I still want info on that.
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    edited June 2017

I don't have "City Living" yet, and I know I'm in the minority on this (because I'm *VERY* attached to my Sims <3), but the Pufferfish Nigiri(sp?) is the thing I'm most *NERVOUS* about in it (followed by the glitches, of course). ^_^;

What are the *EXACT* odds of losing inactive and NPC Sims to Pufferfish ordered autonomously from Food Stands? I've read before that it's at least usually safe when it comes from there, but I still want info on that.

Hello @StarryMight
    I just wanted to let you know that in simsvip guide to City Living, she has posted that aliens are immune from dying from eating pufferfish
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#Death

Edit : The site has now changed it to Vampires that are immune.
    Post edited by rosemow on
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @StarryMight
    I just wanted to let you know that in simsvip guide to City Living, she has posted that aliens are immune from dying from eating pufferfish
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-city-living-guide/#Death

Vampires are also immune FYI, and a pufferfish of excellent quality will never cause death.

• DukeCybranDukeCybran Posts: 73 Member
    That's why I decided to grow deathflowers extensively. :D
    C4jGfkwVUAQbeSb.jpg:large
    My game ID: DukeCybran_TW;
    Language: English, Simplified/Traditional Chinese. Happy simming!
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    @rosemow: I already knew that. Thanks, though! ^_^

@Hadron1776: I don't have "Vampires", but they're immune, too? I *DIDN'T* know that. And Excellent Pufferfish is completely safe (I believe I've read before that's what the quality of Food Stand Pufferfish always is)? Thank you so much, I feel much better about it now. ^_^

@DukeCybran: Heh, I've actually had the idea of (if I ever get "City Living" and start playing again after the current patch fiasco blows over) making a Sim who makes it her mission to grow Deathflowers in the city (is that possible though, come to think of it?) to give to everyone to save each other from Emperor Fugu Nigiri (LOL).
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
    edited May 2017
    Also, I don't see where Aliens are immune >.>
    EDIT: Yes, I know the simsvip site says so, but the game's tuning apparently says otherwise...
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I always have a vampire cook pufferfish then invite all the townies I want rid of to a dinner party. If the pufferfish doesn't get them, emotional influence will!
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I always have a vampire cook pufferfish then invite all the townies I want rid of to a dinner party. If the pufferfish doesn't get them, emotional influence will!

Vampires are immune to mood deaths as well...
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member

I think that depends on the quality of the dish. My Sim had one that was "normal" from a restaurant and had no issues. This one was "Poor" - 6 Sims ate it, 4 died. Of the two that survived, one ate the whole thing and one had some left on the plate when the party ended. So I'd say if you order it and it's poor, don't eat it. If it's normal or above, make sure someone in the household has a death flower but you're probably safe.

Ok, looks like the death chance is 3% base (0.5% x 6 consumption turns), multiplied by 6 if the pufferfish is poor quality, and again if the Sim eating it is in a negative mood. The death chance is zeroed out if the Sim is a vampire, or if the pufferfish in question is Excellent quality.
  • SomeChick1SomeChick1 Posts: 535 Member
    @Hadron1776 Idk... that seems low. Think I'm going to throw a few more parties with guests in different moods and see for myself ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    SomeChick1 wrote: »
    @Hadron1776 Idk... that seems low. Think I'm going to throw a few more parties with guests in different moods and see for myself ;)

If the pufferfish is poor quality AND the sim is in a bad mood, the multipliers stack, so you have a 36% death chance... which is quite substantial :)
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Hadron1776 wrote: »
    Also, I don't see where Aliens are immune >.>
    EDIT: Yes, I know the simsvip site says so, but the game's tuning apparently says otherwise...

Aliens are not immune from Pufferfish death. I had a sim kill an Alien via Pufferfish for the "Public Enemy" aspiration. His urn was an alien urn.
  • SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    Crazy 0.o
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    I did this, invited a few sims I did nt like and served the pufferfish excitedly, unfortunately the two sims who died were my sims beloved husband and child, had nt saved for ages so could nt quit without saving and I just had to go with it. I actually felt really guilty for ages, I did nt realise children could die from it too.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    I did this, invited a few sims I did nt like and served the pufferfish excitedly, unfortunately the two sims who died were my sims beloved husband and child, had nt saved for ages so could nt quit without saving and I just had to go with it. I actually felt really guilty for ages, I did nt realise children could die from it too.

Hello @brackencat31
    I am sorry that it was the sims husband and child that died through eating the pufferfish meal instead of the other sims! It would have been upsetting for you :(