Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenting Skill

Alright, let me preface this with a base statement: I am unbelievably excited for this pack and it's going to be the first one I purchase on its release date.
I don't want to be problematic, but I'm finding myself wondering if teens are going to be able to build the parenting skill. In some households, teens do the parenting, like when parents are neglectful or too busy with work. If teens can't parent their siblings, it's going to limit our storytelling... I'll still buy the pack, obviously, but I was wondering if anyone had information on this topic.

Comments

• Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes. Huge concern for me as well. I'm very excited for this pack but i have families where teens are the guardians and I hope I don't have to wait for a mod to unlock the parenting skill for teens.
  • Internal_ChaosInternal_Chaos Posts: 66 Member
    Only YA and up will be able to use build the parenting skill
    Gallery Username: Internal_Chaos
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm wondering what (if anything) will happen to relationships if anyone other than a parent or grandparent is the primary caregiver. I've got 2 households with live in servants who do a lot of the childcare but neither is related to the family.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    GuruNinja posted that somewhere
    Here is where someone put together all the information on this pack that we have so far. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917843/parenthood-gp-prerelease-info-simguru-statements-etc/p1