Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

COMPLETE - TheSims3.com Maintenance - May 24

SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
THE MAINTENANCE IS NOW COMPLETE.

Hey Simmers

On Wednesday, 24th May 2017 at 9 AM Pacific / 12 PM (NOON) Eastern / 5 PM UK we will be putting The Sims 3 into maintenance.

The maintenance means that TheSims3.com including My Page and The Exchange will be unavailable, and the Store will have limited availability during the maintenance, The Sims 3 itself will still be playable.

We hope to bring The Sims 3 services back online as quickly as possible. Please monitor this thread for official status updates.
Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
Post edited by SimGuruDrake on

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have not heard of Sims 3 under going any maintenance in so long to the point that I was begin to wonder if the Sims Team was still doing maintenance on Sims 3 at all. Awesome! I am so happy to hear that maintenance on Sims 3 is still being done for the fact that I might fire that game up again some day. :)
  • lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited May 2017
    Hey @SimGuruDrake ~ just curious, since there are 2 offers I was hoping to snag on the Daily Deal that will likely fall within the maintenance window.

I know you said that the store will have "limited availability", but I'd like to know in advance: what are the chances that I'll be able to buy those items? Will I have to wait until the next rotation for those items to come up again?

Thanks,

-von
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    What do you do in this maintenance? Is something wrong with the site?
    a256aFi.gif
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I hope they are fixing Isle Paradisio
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Hope this isn't some sort of excuse to shut down the site entirely soon.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I imagine they have to suspend the site eventually. The only necessity would be the store, which can continue to generate money for EA. I don't know if that is what is planned, but TS3 forums were undergoing maintenance during the switch that ultimately moved the forums here.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    @GrijzePilion I agree. I have been leery about that website being cancelled. I hope not. The sims 3 is not dead and people still play that game. Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel like the community is better on ts3 website. You can friend someone, list your traits, and of course the exchange. I feel like the sims website is so unpersonal.
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited May 2017
    I hope they are fixing Isle Paradisio

Sounds like they are doing maintenance on the site, not updates on the game. Sorry, I don't think anything will happen with that.

But if you search the forums you'll find some tips that make Isla more playable with fewer problems. The most common being using custom worlds that reduce the number of dive sites and houseboats to reduce the strain on your computer and avoid the routing issues in the EA town/world. I have a pretty powerful system and I managed to get the game to run stock by deleting all houseboats as soon as I started the game with the exception of the one I lived on. UNTIL my Sim actually started making friends and meeting co-workers and stuff like that. I finally moved him to Sunlit Tides for a similar feel. I haven't gotten around to finding an alternate place to explore the extra play that Island Paradise introduced, but that's because of the way I'm playing my current legacy family. I did love the experience of diving, even though as a beginner he couldn't do much.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    I hope they don't shut it down, I haven't downloaded all my stuff yet. :# Maybe they're repairing the weekly specials. Those have been stuck for a long time.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    I hope they don't shut it down, I haven't downloaded all my stuff yet. :# Maybe they're repairing the weekly specials. Those have been stuck for a long time.

Same for the "Featured" section of "The Exchange"... Hope they fix it so we can get that achievement! ;)
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I hope they give us plenty of notice before they take the site down permanently. I still have quite a few things I've bought from the store that I still need to download. I don't want to lose anything because we didn't have time to download them and back them up. Guess I should put that on my to-do list before it's too late.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I wonder what y'all are gonna bring about :open_mouth:
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    Any hopes of free simpoints at all?
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    How long is this going to take @SimGuruDrake?

By the way, I really appreciate that something is still being done about Sims 3. Even if it's not a game update (I have TS3 on Steam so I wouldn't benefit anyways) I still like it when there is something new. I wonder what's happening with the site now?
  • SoraLiatzuSoraLiatzu Posts: 6 New Member
    Its cool that they are updating the site still. Hoping for free sim points but I won't hold my breath lol. Hopfully they won't shut it down for good as I want bought the entire store yet!!!!!!!!!! I need everything!!!!!! 0.0
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I also wonder how long maintenance will last? Especially for those of us who buy from the Daily Deals.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    The sims 3 is not dead and people still play that game. Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel like the community is better on ts3 website. You can friend someone, list your traits, and of course the exchange. I feel like the sims website is so unpersonal.
    The Sims 4 is deader to me than 3. Seriously, what's the point of 4?

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • DESMAANDTONYDESMAANDTONY Posts: 2 New Member
    Great news! Will this hopefully fix why my sims 3 keeps crashing with my brand new video card? its a GEFORCE GTX 1080 and it wont play sims 3 or sims medieval. Ive read I'm not the only one who has this problem.
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Maintenance is now complete! Thank you for your patience. :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top