May 28 - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Sul sul Simmers! Join us for the #DreamHomeDecorator Livestream HERE today, May 25, @11 AM PT / 6 PM UTC! 🎉
May 27: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!

CK213's TS4 Favorite Simming Moments [Dream Home Decorator pg. 18]

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 19,116 Member
    edited May 10
    00%20Status%20Update.png
    Still not playing, but I do have a ridiculous back-log of pictures.
    I would like to update this thread so I can catch up on the progress of my sims.

So I will be doing that, perhaps starting the week's end.
    It's just starting to get good too. The first batch of sims have graduated Uni and the first sims are starting to pair up.
    I probably won't start playing again until the next GP and EP arrive, or at least be tempted to play.

I have not bought any of the Kit packs.
    I am glad I didn't. Bust the Dust looks like a mess. :p
    Olivia%20cosplay.jpg
    edited May 18
    Screenshot_2021-05-17_Summer_Line-Up_Announced.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Tell us something while telling us as little as possible. :p

Well I guess bands are coming?
    We already have some nature content with Outdoor Retreat camping, and a bit of protecting the environment with Eco Lifestyle and Island Living.

I feel like we can already bond with nature. If it's farming, then they really don't want us to know what it actually is.
    I'll tell you this though. If "nature" and "charming" means fairies, I will be bringing my little Goth fairy over from The Sims 3 and play out her story again in TS4 for nostalgia.

Anyway, I will be waiting for July for it all to be done.
    I will be busy with updating this thread and playing the Mass Effect series remaster plus Mass Effect Andromeda.
    That will be an EPIC bit of gaming.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    Olivia%20cosplay.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 8,567 Member
    Sounds like I need to save my pennies for the next 3 months...the "bonding with nature" ep has me intrigued, lol.

Have fun and see you soon!
    "Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong." :p

Looks like the Design Career is coming back.
    Olivia%20cosplay.jpg
    Omg, I hope you're right, the architecture career was one of my most favorite in Sims 3, until it glitched out. I wonder what Sims 4 version would be like. ;)
    "Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you are wrong." :p
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Omg, I hope you're right, the architecture career was one of my most favorite in Sims 3, until it glitched out. I wonder what Sims 4 version would be like. ;)

I hope we are also able to do exterior work.

Olivia%20cosplay.jpg
    edited June 4
    maxresdefault.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    I knew going in that this was a lightweight Game Pack.
    However, I did like the idea of a pack that encouraged Builders to play and Players to build.
    The sectional furniture system is cool and I like giving my sims likes and dislikes.

But this pack is not strong in the area of getting Builders to Play.
    I went into this pack with the idea of the growth and development of my sim as an Interior Decorator.
    There is not enough focus on your sim's game play as I had thought there would be.

I will post two of my test sim's gigs and then I will follow up with my opinion of this pack.
    My sim's first gig and she had Partihaus as a client.
    06-02-21_12-11-42_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I don't know where Marcus was. It made me nervous to not have his input
    Most of my useful information came from EVA. The only style inputs I got was they didn't like Boho and Patio.
    06-02-21_9-21-47_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They need our help.
    06-02-21_9-35-57_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Eva said she liked orange, but on further questioning, I found out she also liked pink.
    06-02-21_10-53-49_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

So pink and orange it is.
    06-02-21_10-54-14_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Basically, Peach.
    Now it's time for the reveal.
    06-02-21_10-57-24_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

06-02-21_11-04-13_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Ta-dah!
    06-02-21_11-05-15_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Check it out.
    06-02-21_11-07-46_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I think they like it.
    06-02-21_11-08-43_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Marcus likes it.
    06-02-21_11-09-08_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Marcus loves it!
    06-02-21_11-10-39_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And Eva is gushing.
    I think Monique knocked this one out of the park.
    06-02-21_11-11-10_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The Second Gig
    "Okay...
    Sulanese clients who hate Island themed furniture,
    but don't have enough of a budget for me to replaced their entire Island themed house...

I smell a trap."
    06-03-21_9-54-17_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My sim has had her second gig, but her first fail.
    Who knew I would enjoy failure?
    06-03-21_8-36-19_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I settled on the bedroom because the structure of the house is odd with the lower levels being open to the outdoors.
    I thought the bedroom would be safest.
    06-03-21_9-11-06_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They wanted Suburban Contemporary.
    I guess that would be exotic to exotic people:
    06-03-21_9-44-27_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had no idea what anyone's favorite color was. I know they hated orange.
    So I went with blue.
    06-03-21_9-47-14_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Time for the reveal.
    06-03-21_9-49-20_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And they went right past the bedroom and into the bathroom,
    which was totally Island Themed.
    06-03-21_9-49-43_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They hated it.
    06-03-21_9-53-40_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"But looks at this Suburban Contemporary piece...
    Video Games! You like video games, check out this new came console."06-03-21_9-54-02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I believe it was that bathroom, but maybe someone also dislikes blue.
    Never mind the fact that someone was actually wearing orange and blue.
    06-03-21_9-56-11_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"But I didn't have the budget to do the bathroom too."
    06-03-21_9-58-56_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I think she was conned.
    They got free service out of her. :D
    But I also found it funny.

[Update]
    I went to visit the Ngata household and found that one sim loved Suburban Contemporary, while the other disliked it.
    I don't think I like this not having enough information to go on.
    06-04-21_10-14-54_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

There is a lot that I like about this pack, but I have to say I am disappointed in the lack of game play depth for your sim.
    There is not any skill based growth and development.
    It's just performing gigs and the player getting information and making choices. Your sim doesn't factor into it much.
    I thought Charisma, Photography, and an art skill would be what boosts performance. If it does, the game is putting it in the background.
    Your sim is just a visual proxy, on-site for your building activities as a builder, not a player.

This pack should have had a new skill, like Design Theory and Practice.
    Something that would encompass history of design, color theory, materials, composition, structure and form etc.
    Get Famous actors have their acting skill that they can practice in a mirror, on a microphone, or with other sims.
    Stylists have a style-board and are required to level up in certain skills, that help in their performance.

I thought the designer career would be similar to the stylist because of this desk and style board.
    06-03-21_8-36-19_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

But they are just a picture and desk and have nothing to do with design other than visual immersion.
    They are just for show. It really is a builders pack, thinly disguised as game play, repurposed from existing systems.

This is a wonderful Stuff Pack.
    It's an underwhelming Game Pack. The focus is narrow, as it should be, but the depth is shallow as far a role playing your sim in this career.
    It's especially aggravating since other career features that would have given it more depth already exists in the game.

I still like the pack, but it misses the mark for me.
    I will get my enjoyment out of it, but I certainly overpaid for what I got.
    What would this game need for me to be happy with it?

Not a lot. That desk and style board being functional for starters, and skills determining performance.
    I would also like my sims Charisma, Photography and Interior Design skill levels being useful for drumming up new clients and getting repeat business. This would allow me to target households I would like to have as clients. I want the game to be more about the sims and less about the number of gigs performed. A career aspiration would be nice, as well one for sims wanting to improve their living spaces.
    And the ability to send your sim out on a rabbit hole client visit.

I will have to be more creative to get the game play immersion I need. My sim will run a Home Decor business (Get To Work) that provides interior design services (DHD). She will have a media arm of her business where she has a Simtube channel and does live streams from client homes (Get Famous), if that's possible. I haven't tried it yet. She is also an artist and will sell her art at her business and on Plopsy.

I believe just performing gigs will get boring, despite providing build challenges.
    It's not something I will want to do everyday for my sim. That's why I have the Home Decor business. She can take Gigs as she pleases for alternative income and I can role play her having a design studio in her business.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    Olivia%20cosplay.jpg
    This pack was just what I feared, shallow and without depth. I watched Carl's review right after I bought the pack...great. I do love all the b/b items that comes with it which in my mind, is a stuff pack.

Unfortunately I loved the Sims 3 architecture career, which was great and this doesn't come into the same 40 acres. Shame.

This is the 3rd pack that EA/Maxis has stumbled, imo. Paranormal is not what I thought it would be, Bust the Dust was a fiver thrown into the street and now this. UGH!

I still will use the buy stuff but the career is a dud in my eyes.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,222 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    This pack was just what I feared, shallow and without depth. I watched Carl's review right after I bought the pack...great. I do love all the b/b items that comes with it which in my mind, is a stuff pack.

Unfortunately I loved the Sims 3 architecture career, which was great and this doesn't come into the same 40 acres. Shame.

This is the 3rd pack that EA/Maxis has stumbled, imo. Paranormal is not what I thought it would be, Bust the Dust was a fiver thrown into the street and now this. UGH!

I still will use the buy stuff but the career is a dud in my eyes.
    This is how a lot of people feel, which is a shame because then they essentially wasted 10 out of the $20 they spent.
    Yup, pretty much. :/
    edited June 10
    Photobucket made some changes that broke the images from 2019 and earlier.
    It can be fixed, but it will be a few posts a day kind of affair.

[Looks like they fixed it. Never mind.}
    Olivia%20cosplay.jpg