March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CK213's TS4 Favorite Simming Moments [TS4: For Rent pg. 22]

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,104 Member
    I've already made my Regina & her sister Zelena ( based on Once Upon a Time) & saved it to the galley. Also, I made Regina's Castle. It doesn't look exactly like it, but I did my best with the Sims 4 build modes. I also saved Zelena's bedroom in the galley. I'm going to remake my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Esmeralda & her Caravan next.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2019
    53%20ROM.png
    Screenshot_Realm%20of%20Magic.png

I want to recreate my TS3 version of the Lovegood house.
    Screenshot-3718.jpg

I built it when The Sims 3: Supernatural came out.
    Screenshot-3763.jpg

Screenshot-3766.jpg

It's going to be a little different in The Sims 4.
    I will be replacing all the windows and doors with ones from Realm of Magic.
    09-07-19_10-03-06nbspPM.png

No spiral stairs this time, but at least custom stairs is allowing me to build it.
    09-07-19_10-03-33nbspPM.png

I still have a ways to go.
    I don't have any sims that will use it right away, so there is no rush to have it done.
    09-07-19_10-03-44nbspPM.png

09-08-19_10-09-42nbspAM.png

[Update]
    I can't stop working on it.

I am having issues with the basement tool screwing up the terrain,
    09-08-19_9-14-14nbspPM.png

So I am adding on a room off the building for magical and alchemy activities. Which means a bigger lot.
    I moved the lot to Forgotten Hollow. I think I like this better anyway.
    09-08-19_9-16-02nbspPM.png

I was also having issues with stacking custom stairs above too levels.
    I had to figure out a workaround.
    09-08-19_9-21-16nbspPM.png

I am liking it more and more as I add more details.
    I don't have any sims for this house. I think I might create a sim or two to live here and explore ROM before having my other sims use the pack.
    09-08-19_9-20-29nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,373 Member
    edited September 2019
    What a nice house! You going to upload to the Gallery? (hint hint)

My only preparation for ROM is just waiting for the pack to drop tomorrow. Victoria, one of my favs, was born right before her father became a vampire. Tristan went on to marrying Lilith and having 3 more children and creating another vampire who lives with them. Victoria's mother, Rachel went on to marry Jesse, a famous jungle explorer and scientist and she had a son, Adam and another daughter Jessica. Jessica is now a vampire, marrying Caleb's son, Eli and having a little vamp of her own.

Victoria will become my liason between the normal, vampire and spellcaster families. I intend for her to marry into spellcaster's family and have a little spellcaster of her own. :D This is turning out to be a very large family of occults. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    What a nice house! You going to upload to the Gallery? (hint hint)

My only preparation for ROM is just waiting for the pack to drop tomorrow. Victoria, one of my favs, was born right before her father became a vampire. Tristan went on to marrying Lilith and having 3 more children and creating another vampire who lives with them. Victoria's mother, Rachel went on to marry Jesse, a famous jungle explorer and scientist and she had a son, Adam and another daughter Jessica. Jessica is now a vampire, marrying Caleb's son, Eli and having a little vamp of her own.

Victoria will become my liason between the normal, vampire and spellcaster families. I intend for her to marry into spellcaster's family and have a little spellcaster of her own. :D This is turning out to be a very large family of occults. :D

It's going to look dramatically different from that by the time the pack hits and I transfer over items.
    I made another update this morning.
    09-10-19_9-08-15nbspAM.png

You should be having fun with your sims today. :)
    I am on 12 hour shifts so I won't get home until 11 tonight. I won't dive into the game until the weekend.
    I will probably just be working on this house and editing the mages and the magic headquarters during the week.
    Bummer. Same as my sister, won't get to play until the weekend. She's not too wild about it either. Have fun this weekend! B)
    Bummer. Same as my sister, won't get to play until the weekend. She's not too wild about it either. Have fun this weekend! B)

I have to work Saturday too. :p
    Fortunately I am working 8 hours today and tomorrow.
    I had a little more time to build.
    09-13-19_1-36-50nbspAM.png

This house is going to take a while to finish.
    I keep embellishing on the design. I have decided that I will go full symmetry on the design.
    09-13-19_12-29-13nbspAM.png

I will add another section on theroom on the right to mirror the one on the left.
    I will also add a greenhouse to the deck in the center.
    09-13-19_1-37-55nbspAM.png

I need to put some sims in here to see how the alchemy room performs.
    09-13-19_12-18-00nbspAM.png

I'm glad I did too.
    I found out that my staircase didn't work. I must have had the moveobjects cheats active when I placed them
    I removed them and put them back. Now they work.
    09-13-19_10-23-34nbspAM.png

My sim made it up to the master bedroom.
    09-13-19_10-24-47nbspAM.png

09-13-19_10-25-12nbspAM.png

EA has some wonky wall textures.
    The corner stones don't on this home when you are not playing it
    09-13-19_1-38-49nbspAM.png

Even when you are playing it some stone caps don't show depending on how the room is constructed.
    I wish they would just offer multiple variations of the textures instead of automating them.
    09-13-19_10-26-44nbspAM.png

Anyway, I now know the final direction from this home.
    I am going to have sims live there for a while to work out all the bugs and make a livable home.
    Looking great CK! Love those windows!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Lovely house! Can't wait to see the finished project and your story.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Lovely house! Can't wait to see the finished project and your story.

All the rooms have been furnished and I even put in a basement.
    I am just play testing it now, as well as seeing what ROM game play is like.
    09-15-19_5-10-54nbspPM.png
    09-15-19_5-08-52nbspPM.png
    edited September 2019
    Beautiful house! I made a house for Glimmerbrook for my spellcaster, I just bulldozed the starter. Unfortunately the lot isn't big enough for Victoria's large garden and her house so the garden grabs most of the available space. Her house has plenty of space as the house is 2 stories down and one story up. It fits right in with the rest of the spellcasters' houses in the neighborhood. :) I consider myself a decent builder but your creations are gorgeous.
    Beautiful house! I made a house for Glimmerbrook for my spellcaster, I just bulldozed the starter. Unfortunately the lot isn't big enough for Victoria's large garden and her house so the garden grabs most of the available space. Her house has plenty of space as the house is 2 stories down and one story up. It fits right in with the rest of the spellcasters' houses in the neighborhood. :) I consider myself a decent builder but your creations are gorgeous.

I am disappointed with the lot sizes in Glimmerbrook.
    There should have been more variety. At least one large, two medium, and two small lot sizes.

This lot has now been uploaded to my gallery.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=ck213&max=50&maxis=false
    I know, I was the first downloader, lol. :D Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful house!
    I know, I was the first downloader, lol. :D Thanks so much for sharing the beautiful house!

You're welcome.
    The mansion is now completed and uploaded.
    09-27-19_9-20-34nbspAM.png

09-27-19_9-56-53nbspAM.png

09-27-19_9-58-15nbspAM.png
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/browse?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=ck213&max=50&maxis=false
    edited October 2019
    54%20Discover%20University.png
    Okay.
    This is what I have been waiting for all these years.

Render.jpg
    So these rendered characters aren't making me feel this is legit, but all the leaks are adding up and this should be the real deal.
    I imagine those render characters are just place holders, but it is weird that they would be put on the xbox store.

description.jpg
    The description has some good features. I love the multiple school choices in TS2 University, so it's nice that we have 2 choices in Discover University. The secret Society is back. It also looks like robots will be coming to TS4 with this pack. I'm trying not to get excited by it all though, because this could turn out to be an underwhelming pack.

I suspect we won't have fraternities and sororities as the description does not mention them.
    Whatever we get, I'll just have to make the most of it. At least my sims can finally get married and have children now. I was waiting for University before I began multiple generations.

[update]
    DU.jpg

Now we are getting to it.
    Even if this pack turns out to be underwhelming, at least I can finally start playing the game like a sims game is meant to be played.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    You're the first one I thought about when the news "leaked." :D

Lol, I just realized I have mostly occults in my play rotation, only one "normal" family, and they are having babies! o:) I've been actually playing my toddlers and kids slowly, just waiting for this announcement. Usually if the toddler is potty trained, I call it good and age them up. Same with the kids, as long as they live for a few days as a child, it's okay with me. Now, I am actually having fun with the little anklebiters, lol. If it's true about having 2 colleges to choose from, all my occults will be attending one of them. Should be a blast!

My spellcasters and vampires are all in one very large extended family, mostly comprising most of my save. I think I might make it to generation 4. *gasp*

I don't mind if the devs rehash some of which we had in Sims 3, I rather enjoyed University in Sims 3. The "juice" pong, bicycles, ping pong all are good in my estimation. I don't understand why so many people keep calling for brand new stuff, I like new stuff too but I still loved the "old" stuff. It will be all good for me. o:)
    edited October 2019
    55%20Catching%20Up.png
    CK213 wrote: »
    Screenshot_Realm%20of%20Magic.png
    So much for playing my Get Famous sims again. :p
    Realm of Magic is going to send me back to my main Sims.
    I will be playing Miss Peregrine again, along with all my other sims in that save.

I was saving them for when University it announced, but Realm of Magic fits in very well with my main sims and will be something fun to do while I wait for Uni and continue to progress my sims.

Okay, the above did not happen.
    I did indeed start out playing Miss Peregrine. She set out to the magical realm to find the mysterious sages.
    09-11-19_1-59-42nbspAM.png

Although many simmers seem to love Morgyn Ember to pieces, I was disappointed that the green haired sage was not in the game.
    09-11-19_6-55-28nbspAM.png

So I decided to give Morgyn a gender swap and a new look.
    09-11-19_7-22-08nbspAM.png

Purple hair and eyebrows were added and I had my sage back.
    Meet Morgaine Ember.
    09-11-19_7-21-55nbspAM.png

But she will have to wait as Miss Peregrine is primarily interested in practical Magic:
    09-11-19_7-48-11nbspAM.png

She performed the taks...
    09-11-19_7-57-02nbspAM.png

And became a witch...spellcaster.
    09-11-19_7-57-38nbspAM.png

And I gave her her first bird familiar. I wish there was a more hawk like bird, but the Phoenix will have to do, when she find one.
    For now her first familiar is the owl.
    09-11-19_8-16-07nbspAM.png

I decided to give the Peregrine orphanage surface renovation with ROM's new build mode objects.
    09-11-19_8-19-55nbspAM.png

This gives the place a more whimsical and magical feel.
    09-11-19_8-43-12nbspAM.png

But I knew those new objects would do much more for the building I had in mind for Realm of Magic.
    09-08-19_9-20-29nbspPM.png

And wow, I was correct.
    I really loved adapting this house. And it does look better in Forgotten Hollow. I think witches will be sharing this neighborhood with vampires.
    09-15-19_8-20-56nbspAM.png

I put Miss Peregrine aside and brought in two sims to help play test the house and explore the Realm of Magic pack.
    09-15-19_3-19-17nbspPM.png

Meet Shanice Purcell and Melissa Cross.
    09-15-19_3-05-12nbspPM.png

I had played these two before my reboot of my game, but had no use for them in the reboot.
    I thought I might bring them in later, but I found a use for them now.
    09-13-19_10-23-34nbspAM.png

Shenice is on the path of practical magic.
    09-13-19_10-25-12nbspAM.png

Melissa is pursuing untamed magic.
    09-14-19_1-34-24nbspAM.png

The house was near completion, but it needed one more thing.

I needed it to be child tested, so I had Shanice and Melissa adopt some apprentices.
    09-15-19_9-08-48nbspAM.png

Khloe Purcell and Everly Cross.
    I edited them to look a little more like their adoptive parents.
    09-15-19_9-35-17nbspAM.png

They were a great help in creating the playroom outside of the bedroom.
    09-15-19_9-58-52nbspAM.png

They have no magic and will remain children until Shanice or Melissa learns the ascension spell to make them spell casters.
    09-15-19_10-12-55nbspAM.png

I love the potions room.
    09-15-19_10-34-34nbspAM.png

Morgaine was given a key because I like having her around.
    09-15-19_10-53-12nbspPM.png

She can also help with training because a lot time will be spent in this house.
    09-15-19_10-54-57nbspPM.png

I have several more posts following these sims and the development of my Realm of Magic home series.
    09-15-19_10-55-48nbspPM.png

This is something to do while we wait for Discover University.
    Once we get a detail breakdown of what that pack offers I will began prepping my sims for University.
    I know Meadow and Zane will be the ones to test the new pack.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    You're the first one I thought about when the news "leaked." :D

Lol, I just realized I have mostly occults in my play rotation, only one "normal" family, and they are having babies! o:) I've been actually playing my toddlers and kids slowly, just waiting for this announcement. Usually if the toddler is potty trained, I call it good and age them up. Same with the kids, as long as they live for a few days as a child, it's okay with me. Now, I am actually having fun with the little anklebiters, lol. If it's true about having 2 colleges to choose from, all my occults will be attending one of them. Should be a blast!

My spellcasters and vampires are all in one very large extended family, mostly comprising most of my save. I think I might make it to generation 4. *gasp*

I don't mind if the devs rehash some of which we had in Sims 3, I rather enjoyed University in Sims 3. The "juice" pong, bicycles, ping pong all are good in my estimation. I don't understand why so many people keep calling for brand new stuff, I like new stuff too but I still loved the "old" stuff. It will be all good for me. o:)

Will you be sending them to Britechester? I think the campus has a castle.
    My first two Uni students will be occults. Meadow and Zane. Meadow will become a spell castor. She's the I see dead people girl, and she will get the powers related to the dead. Zane is the vampire. I don't know if I will send them to the same school together, or to have attend rival schools.

I have a lot of sims lined up for Uni since most of them are children now. They are normies, besides my cat sims, but they aren't true occults.
    At this point, I will take what I can get from EA and Discover University. It will be great to start finally playing the game instead of just sampling new packs.
    Since I'm such an occult nut, I would love the chance to send my vampires to one and my casters to another...like rival schools. I'll bet you could make a great story out of that, lol. Just the name of Britechester should be a casters school.

I'm not a big fan of Morgyn after he showed up at a party my Victoria had for all the sages in heels, earrings and makeup. :o:D I think I'll take your idea and switch genders on him. He should've been female to begin with, imho.

Love the pics!
    edited October 2019
    56%20ROM%20Mansion.png

I had finished testing the ROM Tower Deluxe house and uploaded it.
    I then out down a copy in Brindleton Bay and began expanding it for the ROM Mansion version.
    09-21-19_8-01-36nbspAM.png

I continued exploring magic spells and potions with Shanice and Melissa.
    09-22-19_7-01-21nbspPM.png

09-22-19_7-03-22nbspPM.png

09-22-19_7-04-50nbspPM.png

I also enjoyed Morgaine's many visits.
    09-22-19_6-32-35nbspPM.png

They even got out once in a while to the magical realm for some dueling and magical tome hunting:
    09-22-19_4-18-57nbspPM.png

I finished building and all that was left was landscaping.
    09-22-19_10-36-37nbspAM.png

I really liked this location for it.
    09-21-19_11-21-52nbspAM.png

I was happy when the welcome wagon showed up because these are all my sims, the parents of Ling and Vaughn.09-22-19_9-12-18nbspAM.png

This was a good opportunity to see how the welcome wagon behaved in the house.
    I just let them do what they wanted.
    09-22-19_9-26-51nbspAM.png

They hung out in the foyer.
    09-22-19_9-28-24nbspAM.png

The fruit cake was placed in the library and a few ate some in there.
    09-22-19_11-49-08nbspAM.png

That little visit made me want to play them.
    It's been so long since I really played my other sims. It's mainly been the Peregrine and Banks households.
    09-22-19_11-55-15nbspAM.png

This mansion version adds another bedroom, exercise room....
    09-22-19_11-57-11nbspAM.png

library...
    09-22-19_12-18-26nbspAM.png

and hobby room.
    09-22-19_12-18-47nbspAM.png

I like having an out of the way location for sims to teleport to where they can practice undisturbed.
    09-23-19_7-20-58nbspAM.png

I am pleased that seasons provides opportunities for sims to use their magic.
    09-23-19_7-27-37nbspAM.png

09-23-19_7-27-52nbspAM_1.png

09-23-19_7-28-14nbspAM.png

I am not pleased that they cannot use magic to control the weather.
    Using this weather machine is a pain.
    09-23-19_7-39-19nbspAM.png

Rack of Lamb...
    Delicioso is cool spell. I like the randomness.
    09-23-19_8-02-06nbspAM.png

Shanice is experiencing overcharge for the first time.
    09-23-19_8-09-49nbspAM.png

09-23-19_8-10-00nbspAM.png

You're still alive, be happy.
    09-23-19_8-10-30nbspAM.png

Landscaping is just about finished.
    It needs trees and few other tweaks.
    09-26-19_8-10-02nbspAM.png

09-27-19_2-50-07nbspPM.png

I love the potions room.
    09-27-19_4-03-52nbspPM.png

I wanted some pictures for their walls, so I sent them off to a community lot that has a photography studio.
    09-27-19_4-19-35nbspPM.png

Morgaine happened to visit the lot, so I got pictures of her too.
    09-27-19_4-31-40nbspPM.png

09-27-19_4-39-24nbspPM.png

They were intended to be just test sims, but I am becoming fond of them.
    09-27-19_4-40-40nbspPM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    Love the pictures and what you've done with the house. I agree, very nice looking potion room.

Right now, I'm messing around with my vampires. Tristan and Lilith have produced three children who are now YA. Eric, the oldest has already moved out and started his own family with one of my vampires. Alexander and Andrea are the twins and they will be going to college. Caleb's son is staying in the Vatore Castle with his wife, another of my vamps and his two daughters. I have big plans for these 4 vampire children. :D But now I have to get them to ya stage because the 6 of them will be going to college together. B)

Love your Morgaine!
    57%20Lets%20Play.png

I am liking this home in Brindleton Bay.
    I suspect I will have more magical sims in my game and that they will be scattered around the various neighborhoods.09-27-19_10-53-17nbspAM.png

The house is complete, for a while now, but I am just getting around to updating what I have been up to.
    09-27-19_9-20-34nbspAM.png

A lot of my time was spent trying to figure out what to do back here.
    09-27-19_9-58-15nbspAM.png

I just settled on nice relaxing area full of flowers.
    A nice fruit and vegetable garden can be planted here for anyone who likes gardening.
    09-27-19_9-18-49nbspAM.png

I did take time to set up the next house in the series.
    It's just the tower portion of the home. I am not moving Shanice and Melissa into this home to test it.
    It's too small for them. I will use other sims.
    09-27-19_9-43-11nbspPM.png

I will get to that home later, I want to focus on playing these sims for a while.
    09-27-19_10-31-51nbspPM.png

They have been getting very good at magic.
    Shanice is doing very well and can instruct Melissa.
    09-27-19_11-47-16nbspAM.png

She learned the rite of ascension from the practical magic sage.
    09-27-19_10-13-02nbspPM.png

Learning the rite of ascension spell is what Khloe and Everly have been waiting for.
    09-28-19_12-53-33nbspAM.png

I can finally age them up and transform them into spell casters.
    09-28-19_12-54-15nbspAM.png

09-28-19_12-58-35nbspAM.png

09-28-19_12-59-59nbspAM.png

With all the building and and magic, I didn't give much attention to parenthood game play.
    09-28-19_1-13-43nbspAM.png

She'll be okay.
    Now the magic!
    09-28-19_1-14-52nbspAM.png

She is a chip of someone else's block, but she is her daughter all the same.
    09-28-19_1-15-05nbspAM.png

Your turn, Everly.
    09-28-19_7-59-03nbspPM.png

09-28-19_7-59-31nbspPM.png

They will begin with potions.
    They will get their wands and familiars after they have learned a few potions.
    09-28-19_10-29-37nbspAM_1.png

I really like how the raven looks.
    09-28-19_11-04-46nbspAM.png

:) I just realized that I have two sims to give Discover University a test run.
    Magical sims will most likely have a fantastic time at Uni.
    09-28-19_11-05-24nbspAM.png

Morgaine's pictures are up.
    09-28-19_12-34-06nbspAM.png

09-28-19_12-34-13nbspAM.png

The sage herself.
    09-28-19_8-54-20nbspAM.png

It's this kind of detail that led to me me giving up alpha hair;
    in addition to the fact that one of EA's patches totally borked my alpha hair color swatches. I tossed out all my alpha CC hair.
    09-28-19_8-53-34nbspAM.png

More to come.
    First of all, your mansion is beautiful! The biggest house I play with is the Straud House in FH, lol.

Your Morgaine is fantastic and love the look! She looks like a spellcaster, unlike Silversweater who looks like a homeless old man, lol.

Quick question, the stained glass in EA's version isn't colored. Are those windows cc and if so, where did you get them? They're beautiful.

I've almost given up on alpha hair, I hate how in some instances, it disappears and the sim looks bald...not a good look. I use birksche's blog for most of my EA hair. Sorry to hear of your glitch. Gotta love those patches! :p
    First of all, your mansion is beautiful! The biggest house I play with is the Straud House in FH, lol.

Your Morgaine is fantastic and love the look! She looks like a spellcaster, unlike Silversweater who looks like a homeless old man, lol.

Quick question, the stained glass in EA's version isn't colored. Are those windows cc and if so, where did you get them? They're beautiful.

I've almost given up on alpha hair, I hate how in some instances, it disappears and the sim looks bald...not a good look. I use birksche's blog for most of my EA hair. Sorry to hear of your glitch. Gotta love those patches! :p

Play around with the swatches.
    It's in there. :)
    edited October 2019
    I learned a few things from SimVip following guru tweets.
    -There are some available lots to build on in University campuses.
    -Robotics is a skill, and it may have some depth to it.
    -There are different bots to build. I hope more than the two we have seen.
    -There are more degrees than the few listed.
    -There may be a new death.

I hope there is a lot more to the pack than we know.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    I figured the gurus weren't coming clean, lol. I'm very excited about DU and especially about all the great new stuff you listed. From the looks of it, half of my sims will be attending college. I will be adding a potion room to both colleges. B)