Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On the fence about Dine Out

The only two packs that I don't have as of yet are Vampires and Dine Out. I almost never had my Sims in TS2 and TS3 eat at a restaurant and I don't see that changing. I'm thinking of getting it just for the items. What do you think?

I also don't care for vampires and don't want them in my game. Is there a way to install the pack and not have vampires in my game?
Origin ID: nik24x7

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I like dine out, but if you already know you're only going to use it for items all I can really tell you to do is go check out the items list and see if you like them or not? Can't make that decision for you, lol.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited May 2017
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    The only two packs that I don't have as of yet are Vampires and Dine Out. I almost never had my Sims in TS2 and TS3 eat at a restaurant and I don't see that changing. I'm thinking of getting it just for the items. What do you think?

I also don't care for vampires and don't want them in my game. Is there a way to install the pack and not have vampires in my game?

If you never used the feature before in game (presumably because you didn't care that much for it) it would be kind of hard for anyone to reccommend it. It doesn't do anything so radically different than it did in the past that will cause you to like it all of a sudden.

I don't even remember what all came with it aside from the chef's stations beceause I bought a bunch of packs on the same day.

What I can tell you is that it offers a very good way to have some quality face time with Sim(s) you really want to build a relationship with. Other than that...I've got nothin' for ya.

PS I couldn't resist the Jeff Probst line because your Avatar reminds me of Surviovr Russel Hantz
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited May 2017
    There is no option to turn vampires off, but if you don't use the vampire lore skill, delete the premades, and don't ever venture into forgotten hollow, my understanding is they won't spawn in your game. Personally I would buy the pack, start a new save, then check them out before you decide against not having them in game at all. You might like them, as they are totally different this time around. They are alot more involved so to speak.

As for dine out I love the items and was why I got it in the first place. I have yet to own a restaurant though, so I can't say yay or nay on that aspect. I rarely send my sims out, but when I do it is a good experience. It used to take a long time but here lately it has been much better. Idk if it's officially been fixed or not, but it's better in my game, and I'm sending sims out to eat more often.

Edit for typo
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Thanks for the replies!
  • DagmarHDagmarH Posts: 68 Member
    IMO Dining Out is overpriced if you're only interested in getting it to use as a stuff pack. That being said, unless you're into builds that have a large kitchen, dining and bar area, it's even more overpriced as that's what the majority of the item content in the game pack is about. The food recipes and items are also a bit lacking and you should be aware that the chef's stations are bugged and you can't prepare any recipes requiring the use of the oven other than roast chicken and baked goods like cakes and pies. Your Sim will get a pathing error when it comes time to use the oven for any other recipes.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    DagmarH wrote: »
    IMO Dining Out is overpriced if you're only interested in getting it to use as a stuff pack. That being said, unless you're into builds that have a large kitchen, dining and bar area, it's even more overpriced as that's what the majority of the item content in the game pack is about. The food recipes and items are also a bit lacking and you should be aware that the chef's stations are bugged and you can't prepare any recipes requiring the use of the oven other than roast chicken and baked goods like cakes and pies. Your Sim will get a pathing error when it comes time to use the oven for any other recipes.

Only one of the ovens does this for me, and only Lobster Thermador seems to be affected, so OP take note this is a known issue and this is the first I'm hearing about the problem being that extreme.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

Only one of the ovens does this for me, and only Lobster Thermador seems to be affected, so OP take note this is a known issue and this is the first I'm hearing about the problem being that extreme.

Ive never had any issues with stoves or ovens or even recipes for that matter. This is the first I've heard of this bug. Just to let the OP know, in case it affects his decision, one way or the other
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Dine out lets you eat in restuarents like you could in TS2 and you can even choose to eat outside or in. Waiters come to your table. Also sims can order food and drinks at the same time. This isn't like the rabbithole restuarents in TS3.

Vampires is a good GP. You don't have to play with the vampires but I recommend the GP for the Haunted looking world Something Hollow forget the name. Also it comes with a lot of haunted themed objects that can be used with Spooky SP. It comes with Venus Flytraps as well.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

The only time I have issues with that is when one of the wall items are over the ovens. They can cook anything in my game.
  • jeromesimsworldjeromesimsworld Posts: 78 Member
    I love dine out! I can understand your hesitations though, but I think in the end it would truly enhance your experience. As for Vampires I am totally with you. Not a fan but I don't wanna miss out on some cool stuff other than vamps
    ORIGIN ID: JeromeJoynes

jeromesimsworld.wordpress.com

[img][/img]0g1lXMR.png
  • CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I love the idea of setting up a restaurant that your sims run and all that, given that I will always have a sim that is really good at cooking. And I disliked how in TS3 restaurants were a rabbit hole so this pack is perfect for me. I do love cooking and some of the new kitchen items you get are right up my alley. That being said I don't actually have the pack because I am broke and the food is pretty lackluster but I do have city living so that's alright. But in terms of vampires yeah nah hate them, don't get the hype, I will play humans thank you very much
    FFCOojX.gif
  • DagmarHDagmarH Posts: 68 Member
    It has nothing to do with wall items over the ovens. I've placed it without anything on the walls, not even windows and the result is the same. It may only be the smaller chef station but is not just lobster thermidor. It is also rack of lamb, taco casserole and tuna casserole, i.e. anything other than roast chicken and baked goods.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unable-to-cook-certain-dishes-on-Chef-Station/td-p/5825588
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Well, in Dine Out you actually get to see your sims when eating, the whole restaurant environment is quite unique and fun as oppose to the Sims 3 rabbit hole restaurants. Besides going to restaurants you may find yourself surprised to find that it's quite fun to run one instead as a new playable career option. I tried running a restaurant before, it's quite difficult at the beginning but once your up and running it's quite satisfying to see your restaurant end up rated 5 stars. I'd only recommend the pack for the stuff if you used to pay 20 bucks for stuff packs in sims 3 and 2, cause if you used to pay 20 bucks for just stuff before I don't see why not now.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Dine Out is my favourite pack (so far) for TS4 - even more than any EPs. I just love having my Sims go out to eat and how you can change the experience so much - posh restaurants or casual diners.
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

Hey, Nik.

I like Dine Out because it gives my couples someplace to actually GO and interact (and eat) when they're courting. Date night at one of the bars, they always got hungry, and date night at the museum is just kind of weird.

Just recently got Vampires, for the stuff, but I don't care for the Vampires themselves. After Vlad broke in and drank my Sim's blood one night, I planted some garlic and read vampire lore until I could make a garlic wreath to put outside the door. Vlad doesn't bother us now; he sees the garlic, gets mad, and leaves. The other ones (the Vatore siblings, I think) will come to the door and knock, but they go away if I ignore them. They fan their noses at the garlic (like it stinks) but don't seem to hate it like Vlad does.
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    i love dine out, but if you're not going to use it to actually dine out, I'd skip it!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Dine Out and Vampires are my favourite GPs, but I wouldn't recommend them if you don't think you're gonna enjoy the gameplay. At least wait for a 50% off sale! I bought DO 50% off because I'm not very interested in running a restaurant which is one of the main features (still haven't tested it), but I actually love sending my sims to a restaurant so I'm very happy with the purchase. Vampires I bought full price and I love everything in the pack, but they can definitely get annoying if you don't want to see them around, because they come knocking to your door quite often. It would probably be impossible to delete them all, but you could try to make sure that none of the townie vampires have the ability to break into a house.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I don't use much from dine out but some of the stuff is cool like the fishtank and some of the wall decor. I put one casual diner in granite falls for when my sims vacation there and one in the city, they go once and awhile. I don't like owning a restaurant because it's too limiting so I have a hard time recommending dine out.

If you like Victorian decor and furniture you'd like the vampire pack, and also it's adds tears and holes to make houses look aged which I love. Avoiding vamps is pretty easy, just never study vampire lore and delete the premade vampires.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    There is no option to turn vampires off, but if you don't use the vampire lore skill, delete the premades, and don't ever venture into forgotten hollow, my understanding is they won't spawn in your game. Personally I would buy the pack, start a new save, then check them out before you decide against not having them in game at all. You might like them, as they are totally different this time around. They are alot more involved so to speak.

As for dine out I love the items and was why I got it in the first place. I have yet to own a restaurant though, so I can't say yay or nay on that aspect. I rarely send my sims out, but when I do it is a good experience. It used to take a long time but here lately it has been much better. Idk if it's officially been fixed or not, but it's better in my game, and I'm sending sims out to eat more often.

Edit for typo

They still spawn in game, but it's fairly easy to avoid them -- I haven't had a single Sim break into my house for a midnight snack in any of my saves. There are also mods that keep vampires out of the neighborhoods, so if you don't visit Forgotten Hollow you likely won't run into any of them.

I enjoy Dine Out very much -- it gives my Sims a place to go when they don't feel like cooking or if it's a special event. In one save I would send the family out to breakfast on Saturday or Sunday (depending on the parents' work schedules) just for everyone to catch up on the week's events. I figure with Parenthood I can continue that, and maybe send the family to the bowling alley after breakfast to continue the bonding. It also works really well with added content from packs; when we got Backyard Stuff I was able to add Iced Tea and Lemonade for beverage options, and when City Living released I made a restaurant with all the CL food cart foods so it'll be easier for my Sims to learn all those recipes. :) (Couldn't get the annoying neighbor to eat the pufferfish nigri though...)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    Thanks, everyone! I ended up getting Dine Out last night and then I downloaded six or seven restaurants from the Gallery, ones with lots of downloads. I like them. I'm glad I got it. Still thinking about Vampires. I might get it but I'd be interested in a mod that prevents vampires from spawning in my game. Thanks!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MC Command Center has a feature that humanizes vampires (takes away all their vampire powers and makes them mortal); in my no-vampire save I run that feature every couple of Sim days then go in and delete a bunch of the spawned single Sim households that I'm not interested in adding to my game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Thanks, everyone! I ended up getting Dine Out last night and then I downloaded six or seven restaurants from the Gallery, ones with lots of downloads. I like them. I'm glad I got it. Still thinking about Vampires. I might get it but I'd be interested in a mod that prevents vampires from spawning in my game. Thanks!

Hello
    It is great that you now own Dine Out! :) These are links to guides to Dine Out if in the future you would like help in designing and seting up restaurants for your sims to run.
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-dine-out-guide/
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/dineout/
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I love dine out! I send my sims out all the time. I love that I have a roadhouse, an outdoor burger shack, and a fancy place for dates to go.

My only regret with it is that you can't make usable 50's style diner booths that work.
  • TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    Dine Out is my favourite game pack. Sure there are some issues in the management part and time to serve/eat when interacting with sims but other than that I love it. Also getting over the fact that you can't be the chef on your own restaurant.
    But with City Living I love it even more because you can build and create great menus for cultural restaurants. Like Japanese and Indian for example. There are some many possibilities! I love creating them and then try to get 5 stars (tough!). Going out for diner dates can be fun too.
    I ended up getting the Vampires pack last night. Played Vlad for a couple hours. He married Lilith Vatore his next-door neighbor and they're now expecting their first child. It seems vampires are more fun to play in Sims 4 than they were in Sims 3. FYI.