March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reward trait question

AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
Is the Connections reward a waste if your Sim already has the Top-Notch Toddler reward trait?

I purchased this for one of my Sims and they started their career at level 3 (or 4, can't remember which). The problem is any other toddlers that began careers with the Top-Notch Toddler trait also started at level 3 (or 4).

Can someone please verify this for me? I really don't want to waste a few K in points if isn't going to do anything anyway.
baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    top notch toddler boosts career gains by 25%, but i've never heard of it boosting the level they start the career at.
    teens that got an A in high school will start the career higher, so maybe that's what you're seeing?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Ahh, okay. Thanks for correcting me. I was seeing the wrong pattern. :)

Well then, that alters my question:
    Is the Connections reward a waste if your teen had an "A" in school? These same kids had the T-N Toddler trait (that I mixed up) and had "A"s.

Now it's a different family, same scenario.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I believe getting an A starts them at level 3, and connections starts them at 4
    the effect isn't additive, so if you have both you'll start at 4
    it's up to you if the one extra level is worth the points or not :)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited May 2017
    The Connections reward doesn't stack so giving it to someone with an A in highschool would only gain you one level (I believe A's start at Level 3 and Connections starts at Level 4). I would probably wait and spend the points on something else but that's just me.
    ~ ~ ~
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    Thanks for the answers y'all!

Time to sort these kids out based on who I'm gonna give the kiss of the Vampire to! >:)