Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Odd TS1 Glitch

FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims (2000)
I was playing The Sims 1 for a stream a few weeks ago, and my initial plan was to play the Newbies for as long as I could.

Unfortunately, there was an issue where neither of them had any interest points in any topics at all. This meant that they would never enjoy a conversation with anyone about anything. I ended up having to abandon ship and go play the Goths instead.

Anyone else had something like this happen? Or has this always been a thing and I've just never noticed before?
q6goV2s.png
Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SoniaSimmerSoniaSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    @FosoSam Don't worry, it's just that since they're the tutorial family, they don't have any interests in their profile. So it wasn't a glitch :smile:
    resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

• Options
    mrstaolinmrstaolin Posts: 2 New Member
    Actually I just made a video and I ended up talking about this, and I think if you go somewhere one time, their interests will be back? Try to go somewhere in Old Town and see if it works.
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    They have interests in my game though? You can however go Downtown and buy them a few magazines to increase or change their interests. That pretty much works for any Sim :)
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    It seems all the sims who already live in the neighbourhood have lost interest in everything in my game. I took the Newbies to Old Town, and they got their points back without having to do anything. I will have to do the same to the Goths, if I decide to play them. Having them talk to other sims is a nightmare! :)
  • Options
    gypsygypsy Posts: 48 Member
    So it works if you visit another lot one time. Good to know. @Kathykins Making friends is a difficult task when they never want to carry on a conversation loool
    I'm Clementine. Can I... borrow a piece of your chicken?
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Exactly @🐸🐸🐸🐸 ! And the Goths are difficult enough as it is, Mortimer with his constant teasing and all :D 4 out of 5 times he engages my sims, he wants to tease them about something.
  • Options
    NewbieSimmerNewbieSimmer Posts: 32 Member
    That's happened to me too. I didn't realize that Bob and Betty Newbie didn't have any interests. This is also coming from a guy who's been playing Sims 1 for 15 years straight!

I noticed it when I was recording Sims 1, as I do always now since I archive the game on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdBwn5gcA7Y
    Tired, hungry, or bored? Wave at the sky and yell "Foogitsnat!"
    Pic%2B15.PNG

YouTube channel: youtube.com/user/SariaFan93/about
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I have an odd glitch too with The Sims. :(

I recently re-installed the Sims and started playing - everything good so far! (Running game as administrator and without the Windows Update KB3086255).
    Then after re-zoning a lot and building and completing a community lot, when I went back to play the families in the neighbourhood, there was a prompt "Missing objects - some objects could not be loaded"???
    I had played two families the day before.
    There is no CC installed and the games was patched with the Double Deluxe patch and the patch when installing Making Magic.
    I have identified that some wall lights are missing as I use these a lot - a white diamond light and the blue one, I usually use in the bathroom.
    Where could they have gone?
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Will I need to re-install?
    Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top