Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Favourite Trait Quirk?

Mine is when someone goes to wake up a lazy sim and they get mad.

I have a household where the grandmother is the caretaker of the toddler. Every time the toddler has a nightmare he climbs downstairs to wake her up. I always feel sorry for the poor toddler, because she's doesn't seem to be offering much sympathy. At the same time I love it because it's all autonomous.
8SK5hPE.png

Another incident just happened when my sim went to wake up Salim Benali (CL). She has insecurity issues and wanted to spend some time together before Salim leaves for work. I forgot Salim is lazy. They had a quarrel when Salim mocked her outfit and then left the house angry.
ZfqhyQX.png

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i like when clumsy sims have a "whoopsie" and laugh about it
    i just think it's adorable
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    When clumsy sims are washing up and accidentally break a plate, I might have a screenshot.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I really need to make more clumsy sims, I'm not sure if I currently have any. I know the animation where they laugh at something, but I'm not sure if I've seen them break a plate.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I really need to make more clumsy sims, I'm not sure if I currently have any. I know the animation where they laugh at something, but I'm not sure if I've seen them break a plate.

It's pretty funny, I relate too because I'm clumsy IRL. I remember once I dropped my plate at a restaurant and it went completely silent. Very embarrassing :(
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like the slobs farting and laughing about it.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I always get a laugh over the things squeamish sims will start wanting to barf over. Especially the ones that insist on cleaning everything and then want to lose their lunch because of it. (Me too, little buddy. Me too.)
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Nice screenshot catches, OP. Both of them gave me a great chuckle. The toddler is looking at Granny like, "Oh, jeez, I know she's mad, but there's a monster, I tell you!" Salim--that's just so...typical. "OMG--can't you see I need my rest?! What a ratty robe, BTW...Match your hair, much?"
    I always get a laugh over the things squeamish sims will start wanting to barf over. Especially the ones that insist on cleaning everything and then want to lose their lunch because of it. (Me too, little buddy. Me too.)

This has got to be one of my faves for some reason. Maybe cuz I work in healthcare, so I can relate. I hope when Pets come, they will throw up, and the squeamish Sims will run to clean it up and urp over it at the same time.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    I found that "insane" has become my favorite trait. Their behavior is quite unpredictable at times. They yell at their friends and partners without even being angry, a second later their telling a joke or blowing a kiss. :D It's the only trait that actually has personality lol.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    While usually sims get sad while in Granite Falls because they're homesick, sims with Snob trait will become Tense instead. Reason: Lack of Culture Values. What do you expect from a forest? A fancy monument in the middle of the forest?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have a lot of favorite things they do and it changes depending on what I'm playing but that said:
    My latest favorite quirk right now is how attached my sim is to the voodoo doll. He takes it out looks at it and weighs it in his hand for fun autonomously. There are computers and books and tv's on the lot, but for some reason he seems to love it the way some sims love that clay thing. It makes me grin when I see him doing it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I hate to say it ... bro.

I just like the bro trait. I like the bro hugs and hanging with one of the bros. It makes me laugh.
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    i like it when geeks get tense cause of lack of video games i can relate to it :joy:
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    AllieSootieAllieSootie Posts: 450 Member
    I love it when lazy Sims get so tense when doing chores. So relatable!
  • Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I hate to say it ... bro.

I just like the bro trait. I like the bro hugs and hanging with one of the bros. It makes me laugh.

Me too :) of all the traits this seems to be the one that was well thought through, works as it should, and is fun for the player.

Possibly the Genius trait is equally well executed but I stopped playing it almost as soon as I started. I got so fed up of the Sim 'being tense' and the accompanying histrionics that I decided I'd rather play with happy little airheads.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    I really like the Squeamish trait. The other day, my sim got food poisoning from a restaurant and started throwing up in a bush, poor thing. Since the food poisoning makes them sick in waves, she'd go inside to wash her hands afterwards only to go run back outside a few minutes later. The second time she got sick, she walked away from the bush after getting sick and did that little squirmy motion they do and made "blech" and "disgroble" noises. I also find it interesting that they become uncomfortable around aquariums that are stocked with fish. While they don't have any special interactions, their little quirks really make them quite entertaining. :smile:
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I haven't played much with childish sims before, but I have one now whose behavior I find hilarious. She's always stealing her kids' toys from their room to play with, and then she tucks them in her inventory. I've seen her around town when playing in another household in the same save - sitting down on he ground to play with the toy instead of talking to other adults :lol: