Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seems like the Devs agree that Teens should be shorter..but thery're not.

GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
I was looking at this render and you can clearly see the teen is shorter than the parent. I think it looks good that way. o:)

Rozrywkowy.jpg

Maybe just a tad shorter than that and its perfect. Someone could easily edit this photo to make them a bit more shorter than so we can see how it looks.
PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
Post edited by Goodywood on

Comments

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Picture isn't working
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Emmy_SimsEmmy_Sims Posts: 324 Member
    I'm sorry but I can't see the render. Anyway, I find it very unlikely that the devs would ever change the height of teens; this would need a lot of work for the animations and clothes to work properly.
    Jar Jar Binks is a Sith Lord
  • Options
    Picture isn't working

@Zeldaboy180 I got it from VIP. I'll used the link instead: https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/GP5_Result_Fun.jpg
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Picture isn't working

@Zeldaboy180 I got it from VIP. I'll used the link instead: https://simsvip.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/GP5_Result_Fun.jpg

Now I got a 403 error LOL
  • Options
    Emmy_Sims wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I can't see the render. Anyway, I find it very unlikely that the devs would ever change the height of teens; this would need a lot of work for the animations and clothes to work properly.

Yeah, I agree @Emmy_Sims
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Hasn't it already been confirmed there is no change to teen height?
  • Options
    Picture isn't working

LOL How about now @Zeldaboy180 ?: Rozrywkowy.jpg

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Well, it looks like mom has shoes with heels and the teen has flat shoes.
  • Options
    Maybe I should change the title of the thread. lol I'm just seeing in render the teen is shorter, so I assume maybe the devs think they should be shorter too as a joke. But yeah I hope no one think I'm actually saying they are. :#
  • Options

True @SilentKitty I didn't pay attention to that, but I still like the teen being shorter . o:)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    I like her better shorter, but changing them at this point just won't happen sadly.

And yep, you got it working LOL
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member

I don't think heels actually change a sim's height in TS4 - they appear to just make the legs shorter!

In this pic, I think the mom has bigger hair and is showing more forhead, so it might be visual illusion?
  • Options
    Okto84 wrote: »

I don't think heels actually change a sim's height in TS4 - they appear to just make the legs shorter!

In this pic, I think the mom has bigger hair and is showing more forhead, so it might be visual illusion?

I don't think it is an illusion @Okto84 because look at where the daughters eyes are compared to the moms (?). And both of their heads are tilted.

But anyway it's just a render. Would be nice though if it was real.
  • Options
    Hasn't it already been confirmed there is no change to teen height?

It has @MidnightAura . Someone thought the teen looked shorter as well (not just me). :D But yeah the guru confirmed that they are not shorter, but still same height.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    The teen is skinny thats why lol
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    There can be teenagers who are like the same height as the parents aka me, I was the same height as my mother when I was a teenager.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    It would be great if teens were shorter, I like the OP pic. the teen is definitely shorter.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited May 2017
    I think the same, too. And I think they've made teens look smaller in other renders, and remember they're smaller than adults in CAS icons. I think the team would love to give us smaller teens, but I sadly image it would be nearly impossible at this stage and without loosing out.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Yeah to me that teen is clearly shorter in the render. I know it has been confirmed there is no height change on the game, but I find the render strange. Maybe they only wanted to convey it was a teen (to someone not familiar with the game) so they made it shorter. Maybe it was subconscious decision and they didn't realize it was actually shorter. To me it's the perfect height for the game. There are many teens irl whom are taller than the parents. I was one. Some are shorter and some are the same size. I think the perfect compromise would be the height in the pic, almost as tall as the parent. It may be to late for height changes in TS4 but if there is a TS5 it will be interesting to see what they do.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Yeah to me that teen is clearly shorter in the render. I know it has been confirmed there is no height change on the game, but I find the render strange. Maybe they only wanted to convey it was a teen (to someone not familiar with the game) so they made it shorter. Maybe it was subconscious decision and they didn't realize it was actually shorter. To me it's the perfect height for the game. There are many teens irl whom are taller than the parents. I was one. Some are shorter and some are the same size. I think the perfect compromise would be the height in the pic, almost as tall as the parent. It may be to late for height changes in TS4 but if there is a TS5 it will be interesting to see what they do.

Hopefully TS5 will have more than one height for the age groups so we can make teens taller and shorter or than parents and siblings, etc. That would be fun.

I'll take that over the different walk styles. hehe
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »

Hopefully TS5 will have more than one height for the age groups so we can make teens taller and shorter or than parents and siblings, etc. That would be fun.

I'll take that over the different walk styles. hehe

A height slider! Yes, that would be great! Imagine townies with random heights!
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I wish teens were shorter too, but to me the pic just looks like the teen has her head tilted to the side which shaved a bit off the appearance of height.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Just some clarification:

Also, IIRC, the renders for stuff like this are made by EA marketing outside of the Maxis Studio.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Honestly, teen height adjustment isn't a must-have for me since teens can be as tall or taller than adults irl but I do hope for height adjustments for Sims 5 (if it happens).
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    Caitie85Caitie85 Posts: 156 Member
    The Devs really didn't do themselves a favor with this image, lol. They're the same height. It's just the way the mother has her arm wrapped around the daughter's shoulder makes her appear taller. But look at where their respective breasts, waist, and hips are. They're at the same level. So they're the same height.
    Kickin' back in Sulani.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top