Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any chance for future generations pack after Parenthood GP?

PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
I'm super stoked for the Parenthood GP. It will help to enhance my sim families so much.
However, seeing as Parenthood GP is only (mostly) focused on parenting (duuuh) and child/parent interactions, I wonder if there's a chance we might get another Generation type pack in the future.

Things that could be added to it:
Lifestages
-Preteens (or so called young teens, 13ish years old)
Events
-Family reunion party
-Prom
-Celebrating anniversary
-Funerals
-Sleep overs (pillow fights, manicure & pedicure, masking, etc)
Gameplay
Middle age crisis (It would affect whims. Adults would have a higher chance to get whims such as purchase new stuff, quit job, make friends, ask on a date, etc)
Puberty (More intense emotion changes for teens. Teens like to over-dramatize.)
Venues
Daycare
Arcade
Legit wedding venue
Cemetery
Objects
Mattresses (for sleepovers)
Canes for elders
Strollers for toddlers
Bunk beds for children

So, do you think we might see another generation themed pack in the future or is Parenthood GP the end of family game-play?
Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't want pre-teens (at least in Sims 4).

I like it in concept, but considering how disproportionate the stages are right now (elders got NOTHIN'), I feel like that would be a lot of resources/effort for something that should've been in the beginning of the game and not halfway through it's cycle. This pack will help balance it out, I'm certain, but I still feel like adding a whole new life stage would only hinder the further quality of the game. It'd be a great concept for a Sims 5, but I feel like it's just too late. Personally.

I want an elder/geriatric themed pack of some kind. Senior community centers, bingo, knitting/crocheting, more elder oriented attire/accessories (those glasses-necklaces things), elder-safe exercise/woohoo (lol), more elder-appropriate clothes, "back in my day..." social options, etc. etc.
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    I'm super stoked for the Parenthood GP. It will help to enhance my sim families so much.
    However, seeing as Parenthood GP is only (mostly) focused on parenting (duuuh) and child/parent interactions, I wonder if there's a chance we might get another Generation type pack in the future.

Things that could be added to it:
    Lifestages
    -Preteens (or so called young teens, 13ish years old)
    Events
    -Family reunion party
    -Prom
    -Celebrating anniversary
    -Funerals
    -Sleep overs (pillow fights, manicure & pedicure, masking, etc)
    Gameplay
    Middle age crisis (It would affect whims. Adults would have a higher chance to get whims such as purchase new stuff, quit job, make friends, ask on a date, etc)
    Puberty (More intense emotion changes for teens. Teens like to over-dramatize.)
    Venues
    Daycare
    Arcade
    Legit wedding venue
    Cemetery
    Objects
    Mattresses (for sleepovers)
    Canes for elders
    Strollers for toddlers
    Bunk beds for children

So, do you think we might see another generation themed pack in the future or is Parenthood GP the end of family game-play?

these are all great ideas although i think they wanted to create a stuff pack for both arcades and weddings :) but yeah i hear you. like i said from what i am hearing though the family play will be very detailed.
  • Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't want pre-teens (at least in Sims 4).

I like it in concept, but considering how disproportionate the stages are right now (elders got NOTHIN'), I feel like that would be a lot of resources/effort for something that should've been in the beginning of the game and not halfway through it's cycle. This pack will help balance it out, I'm certain, but I still feel like adding a whole new life stage would only hinder the further quality of the game. It'd be a great concept for a Sims 5, but I feel like it's just too late. Personally.

I want an elder/geriatric themed pack of some kind. Senior community centers, bingo, knitting/crocheting, more elder oriented attire/accessories (those glasses-necklaces things), elder-safe exercise/woohoo (lol), more elder-appropriate clothes, "back in my day..." social options, etc. etc.

The reason I want preteens (in reality younger teens; about 13 years old) is because I can't perceive Sims 4 teens as teens. They look 18-19 to me; which, I presume, is still considered a teen; but I can't really tell them from young adults, unless I hover the mouth pointer over their heads.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I'm totally excited about the new pack too! And I defiantly think it'll help the family orientated gap. But i'm not going to lie or hold my tongue, half of me does still hope to see a generations pack <3. Unless they add two other game packs: School (nice for introducing preteens) and wedding. Though as said above by @BlueR0se A generations expansion pack would be great for helping the elders.

I always wanted a cute sewing knit for the grandmothers in my families <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member

The reason I want preteens (in reality younger teens; about 13 years old) is because I can't perceive Sims 4 teens as teens. They look 18-19 to me; which, I presume, is still considered a teen; but I can't really tell them from young adults, unless I hover the mouth pointer over their heads.

that is exactly how i feel! i am not 100% sure if i can play as teens cuz for me teens is the age group i play the least next to elders.
  • Options
    StaleMuffinsStaleMuffins Posts: 28 New Member
    I would think there won't be a generations pack and this will be considered generations and the closest we'll get to it but who knows. I feel they could've combined kids room stuff with this pack and gave us all this in one big pack. When you think about it, what was the point of kids room stuff when we are getting kids room decor and things in Parenthood? That could've been one pack combined.
  • Options
    MagicPiggyPiggMagicPiggyPigg Posts: 62 Member
    You're totally right. Puberty sucks, and since life itself can suck sometimes, we have to make TS4 realistic. We do that by adding in puberty. Puberty for teens is already too late, and it's too early for children, too. But we could have sims that are taller than children, have slightly more developed bodies, acne, braces (optional), and A TON of hormones. And we can make the children in TS4 act a little younger by giving them more toys instead of crazy science projects or something. They could still get chores and responsibilities, but I feel like preteens would get more homework, science fair projects, and more chores. I just think that it'd be cool to have that.
    Another idea: maybe you can choose to get preteens. There can be a little switch in the gameplay settings that ask if you want to include preteens or not, since it's somewhat minor changes compared to teens.

What do you think?
    tumblr_o06vtpmqXy1uxy6lvo1_500.gif
    "Who wants to live forever?" - Freddie Mercury, my queen
  • Options
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I'm totally excited about the new pack too! And I defiantly think it'll help the family orientated gap. But i'm not going to lie or hold my tongue, half of me does still hope to see a generations pack <3. Unless they add two other game packs: School (nice for introducing preteens) and wedding. Though as said above by @BlueR0se A generations expansion pack would be great for helping the elders.

I always wanted a cute sewing knit for the grandmothers in my families <3.

Yes. I would like sewing and sewing machines. I would be cool if sims could sew real clothes; kind of like they can make real furniture on the wood working table.

Also knitting.. Knitting would be neat.

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited May 2017
    I honestly don't think we will ever get a pack called "generations" or even a pack that has the exact same content from the name-sake S3 EP for a couple reasons:

1. This iteration is bringing the game back to it's roots. I really feel like it leans more towards the gameplay of S2 than S3. Closed worlds, retail etc. and I'm really enjoying that, as much as I love S3.
    2. I definitely think we will get SPs and maybe even GPs dedicated to other life stages. As many have noted, seniors need some major love now. But it's much more compartmentalized now than previous iterations. Things are broken down into smaller packs because they had to start fresh with animations so with consideration to time and budget, and they had to make that decision. Doesn't mean we won't ever get the things we want, it just means they will come in a different packaging as before.
    3. Finally, and most obviously, they don't copy previous concepts.

I have to admit I'm quite excited to learn more about this pack!
  • Options

Oh no, I think it's a very legit desire/want, I just feel like it's something that should be implemented at the beginning versus mid to late cycle of the game. There are so many things that the game already needs to flesh out more, and I feel like spending resources on a whole new lifestate (plus then you gotta add more stuff/content to it so it's up to par with the others and we don't have a "I can't distinguish the teens" thing again) would be a bit...silly.

I don't know, I just don't see the Sims 4 entry lasting longer than maybe another 3-4 years or so, at the most. Could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt it. And we still have so much other things to do, it just feels like that should be something to wait for the next Sims installment. But I 100% get the appeal.

I DO however, think that a lot of the appeal/stuff in this gamepack will help with the whole "making them look younger/more teen like in game. A lot of the clothes look more like young teens would wear, plus with the acne and mood stuff it should definitely help.
  • Options
    I would think there won't be a generations pack and this will be considered generations and the closest we'll get to it but who knows. I feel they could've combined kids room stuff with this pack and gave us all this in one big pack. When you think about it, what was the point of kids room stuff when we are getting kids room decor and things in Parenthood? That could've been one pack combined.

If that's the case, I would be really upset. I remember that preteens were in one of the EA surveys, and elders are very much neglected in Sims 4.
    We also need more activities to differentiate young adults from adults.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I honestly don't think we will ever get a pack called "generations" or even a pack that has the exact same content from the name-sake S3 EP for a couple reasons:

1. This iteration is bringing the game back to it's roots. I really feel like it leans more towards the gameplay of S2 than S3. Closed worlds, retail etc. and I'm really enjoying that, as much as I love S3.
    2. I definitely think we will get SPs and maybe even GPs dedicated to other life stages. As many have noted, seniors need some major love now. But it's much more compartmentalized now than previous iterations. Things are broken down into smaller packs because they had to start fresh with animations so with consideration to time and budget, and they had to make that decision. Doesn't mean we won't ever get the things we want, it just means they will come in a different packaging as before.
    3. Finally, and most obviously, they don't copy previous concepts.

I have to admit I'm quite excited to learn more about this pack!

I don't think we will get a pack named Generations, mainly because they don't use the same titles twice. However, I really hope that there's still a chance for generation themed pack that focuses on making all of the life stages unique. It could be named "Through generations", "Legacy" or something else.

• Options
    There is still some potential, but it may be spread out through various packs versus stringed together. For example, you could merge something like that with a wedding/celebration theme, or you could spread it around like butter in various EPs or something (seasonal, for proms could work, summer weddings, etc)
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    There's a lot of stuff I'd love to see in the game. I would certainly be all for generations/legacy type stuff or more for elders if it showed up out of nowhere today. But I'd rather see something like pets or seasons as far as priorities.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes a generations EP please.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Maybe they could do something like the heirloom system that's in Sims Mobile? The game description on the EA page says "When your Sims accomplish their career goals and retire, you’ll be rewarded with Heirlooms that unlock hobbies and careers for future generations, allowing new Sims to tell deeper stories" but in Sims 4 we already have hobbies and careers, so maybe an heirloom could carry something different with it. That would feel "Generations-y" to me - not just the different experiences of being different ages (though we need more of that still, even after this pack, especially for Elders) and the life-event marking (baby showers, funerals), but also the way families continue over time. I think there's loads of room for more packs that fit under a kind of "Generations" label still in Sims 4.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    My youngest child just graduated from a pre-teen to a teen and there's no way I would want to play that in a game. I would totally bypass them like I used to with toddlers before these. I can handle the teens but I couldn't handle pre-teens. As always I understand some people want them, but I don't. The other stuff sounds great. It does sound like we're getting mood swings with the Parenthood pack though.
  • Options
    AmyCarolynAmyCarolyn Posts: 303 Member
    I could see many of these being added in future packs seperately. I would personally love to see an expansion that lets you follow sims to school, similar to Get to Work but better. I'd also like a gamepack that expands on important life events like weddings, family reunions, birthday parties, graduation parties and baby showers.
  • Options
    simmer_whoviansimmer_whovian Posts: 275 Member
    I would hope that a lot of the things you mention would be added, but I somehow doubt there will be a whole Generations-themed GP or EP. These things will probably be distributed along in different SPs or GPs or added to an EP about something else. I do agree that elders need some love and that there should be something to distinguish young adults and adults aside from some wrinkles and face changes. I really hope they pay attention to that at some point.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I hope they won't add preteens to TS4 and save them for TS5 if it comes. Preteens would take away from the life stages we already have. Resources have to be spread around. ie we wouldn't get as many clothes for say, elders, because they have to add clothes for preteens. IMO we are already limited in what we get sometimes. They totally ignore children and elders both alot of the times. I do hope for more family oriented gameplay in the future. I just don't think preteens should be included.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    They could stick the generations stuff in Seasons.
  • Options
    I think we need a "Life Moments" GP or EP.
  • Options
    I hope they won't add preteens to TS4 and save them for TS5 if it comes. Preteens would take away from the life stages we already have. Resources have to be spread around. ie we wouldn't get as many clothes for say, elders, because they have to add clothes for preteens. IMO we are already limited in what we get sometimes. They totally ignore children and elders both alot of the times. I do hope for more family oriented gameplay in the future. I just don't think preteens should be included.

Elders share the same clothes with Teens/YAs/Adults now so that's not an issue.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2017
    I feel it like its unlikely now.
    The surveys for a family expansion seem like they only put them up just to shut us up. Same with preteen...
    All shown should or could of been part of a family expansion.

Teens still look like adult EA just look at the picks next to adults lol.
    So annoying.

They have taken small things that could of been part of a generations pack put into a GP
    No hope for preteens either.

Always do things by half's lol or in this case less than that...
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I feel it like its unlikely now.
    The surveys for a family expansion seem like they only put them up just to shut us up. Same with preteen...
    All shown should or could of been part of a family expansion.

I think they might break Generations into separate GPs/EPs.
    The reason for parenthood GP being a GP and not a part of an EP may be that they wanted to go more in depth with it. GPs tend to have more depth to them, while EPs are more broad and therefore less deep.