Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better babies and preteens

Why can't we get these features for TS4? Why wouldn't anyone NOT be bothered by those lifeless baby doll objects? Looks like Parenthood GP won't be the Sims 4 version of Generations either. I think there is still hope for Generations 2.0 EP that focused on life stages and events more than just simply parenthood. :/

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I don't care about the babies being objects. I am not a fan of babies IRL though. I love my nephew but he became much more interesting once he was walking and talking.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I want better babies too. Preteens would be awesome as well. No idea why babies at least are improved. Probably too hard at this point.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I personally didn't mind them being objects. I mean babies move and such in the bassinet.

Due to Sims always putting the babies on the ground, bathroom floor, kitchen floor and sometimes the baby would glitch and I couldn't pick it up and social services took the baby away :<. That or the baby would just disappear. I did love the babies in 2 but for me there was always too many problems with them. Toddlers always seemed to be more of a interesting stage than babies IMO.

Preteen wise I'm unsure what they would add in terms of gameplay other than being a shorter version of teens and maybe puberty??? More lifestages are always welcomed, but IDK what else you could do for it. Be nifty if they were the only stage to go through things like acne and what not, random mood swings and etc. But improved teens is good as they definitely needed more of a rehaul.

I'm sure there's more to the gamepack than what was shown in the trailer. Always is.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2017
    While it would be nice to be able to walk around with babies, honestly you only need to wait a few days for that baby to grow into a Toddler, which is where it gets interesting. I don't think the change from object to person will happen quickly, since that would involve a whole new set of programming.

I think a playpen would have been nice. You could put the baby in, and buying it toys would affect its aging traits.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    I thought about that too, but I'm hoping at the very least that they give us an incentive to keep the baby as a baby instead of aging them up right away in the new GP. Maybe by upping a parenting skill or by way of setting character values in early babyhood.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I don't care about preteens, but I would appreciate a few more gameplay features with the babies. Just a couple of things like change their diapers on a changing table and giving them baths would have made them so much more alive. And if sims could actually sit down to breastfeed, that would be absolutely amazing.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    Maybe we´ll at least be getting a baby stuff pack at some point. I already shared ideas of how that could look like some months ago here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/906981/better-baby-stuff-pack/p1
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    I age up as soon as they are born due to lack of interactions.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    As for preteens, maybe they'll come in Sims 5?

Still, if Teens were just a notch shorter, would people feel the need for 'pre-teens'? We really only need one or the other.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I don't feel the need for pre-teens.....its too short of a life stage anyway. I mean honestly? I think of the child stage as one that is between anywhere from 5-12 anyway. I think that if you all want a difference between a child and a teen, that the game ought to fix things like being able to leave their child home alone. For a good part of the child stage, their parents always need to have a babysitter for them. Then, after the child gains a certain level of logic skill, maybe they could have an "assert independence" option for them with their parents. The action would elicit a foot-stomp (cause what parent will listen to a kid telling them that they don't need a babysitter anymore?) and maybe an irritable-confidence type tone when talking. I think it'd be cute!
  • PerunaPeruna Posts: 101 Member
    Can't say I have that much interest in preteens, if they're ever introduced then cool, but if not, that's fine for me too. I do wish the babies were expanded upon though - even a few different interactions not tied to the crib would do wonders.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Better babies, better children and better teens. No pre-teens please. It is enough to suffer through child-teen because those life stages can't get boring than that.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I think what the OP is getting at is the interactions based on that awkward stage of whether or not to allow a child to be alone in the house while the parents are out.........whether or not to allow certain things like having boyfriends/girlfriends (some say no to dating until they are much older)......that type of thing. I get it. Again, however, I think the pre-teen stage could be nothing but the show of buttons that would pop up when the kid gets to the middle of that age bar........like....."Ask to be taught to shave" for the guys or "assert independence" for those that wish to not be left with a babysitter. However, I think that these buttons would cause all sorts of bugs tbh.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Now that we have toddlers in TS4, I really don't mind how the babies are attached to their bassinets. When it comes to preteens, as a legacy player I wouldn't be opposed to them if they were added, but with the looks of what's coming for teens in the Parenthood GP, I'm not sure if we actually need them.

I guess only time will tell...
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Babies, just like in real life, are nothing more than a nuisance. I don't see any point in improving them as they offer nothing of value gameplay wise.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited May 2017
    ^^^ However, for some, that may mean more than nuisance. Especally If you haven't experence yourself by having your first born child :) They would bring joy and keep families together that have them though, and it would keep players busy and occupied while they're growing into adults.
    NNpYlHF.jpg