Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 with more personality | Mod

SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
edited May 2017 in Gameplay Mods
For people who don't mind using cc or mods, there is a new personality mod on modthesims right now. It changes interactions and it's supposed to make your sims more dynamic and actually feel like their traits matter.

You know when you have a mean sim and suddenly they start chatting like nothing happened even though you want them to argue. Well, with this mod you can download here you'll have the option to actually control them a bit more, plus they realise it themselves aswell.

I'm hoping the Guru's will pick up on this too, as a modder can do it, I don't see why this can't be patched in the future so emotions and interactions make more sense. There's nothing wrong with chatting, but when my sims just had a fight and slapped eachother, I don't want them to see them chatting five seconds later, it just doesn't make any sense sadly.

The modder added this and I wanted to add it in aswell for you guys that want to know what it does.

If you have ever noticed, when ever your sims are done with the interaction with another that you just directed them to do, they will almost always immediately start chatting. That ment even if they were angry or they just got in a fight with another sim they would start chatting. That seemed extremely strange to me and made story telling a lot harder to do. In this mod I disabled that. The sims will no longer just chat for no reason. So many of these interactions were not autonomous which seemed odd. It was like the creators wanted them sims to always be happy and have good relationships with others with no drama. This mod will help change that. Some of the things I have seen so far are sims discussing their interests and having deep conversations along with getting romantic with others all on their own. They do more than just kiss cheek now! I've seen them go up to their special someone and embrace them and do special kisses. My sims now hold conversations that mean something unlike before, I had no idea what "chatting" was even about. This mod has brought more to my game and I hope it does for your game as well!
Origin ID - RosyAngelina
Post edited by Skobee on

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Ooh, thanks for sharing this! I definitely want to give this a try. :smiley:
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Thanks! I might have to try this out!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Sounds very interesting!! I was always annoyed when my sims were mean to ach other and then sat on the closest couch to chat as if nothing had happened.

Has anyone tried it yet? Does it make a difference?
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Sounds very interesting!! I was always annoyed when my sims were mean to ach other and then sat on the closest couch to chat as if nothing had happened.

It does, when my sims do mean interactions they often stay mad now and don't revert back to regular chit chat. So it does make a difference in my gameplay, which is amazing!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    Skobee wrote: »

It does, when my sims do mean interactions they often stay mad now and don't revert back to regular chit chat. So it does make a difference in my gameplay, which is amazing!

Awesome thanks!! I can't wait to try it out myself tonight!
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Very intriguing. As much as the emotions were interesting at the beginning I always thought emotions are not a personality and Sims always seemed to act the same no matter their traits. I will try this mod out as soon as possible.
  • Kim5496Kim5496 Posts: 1,261 Member
    I installed it a few hours ago. I haven't tried it yet in regular game play because I have been editing townies but I can't wait to see how it works.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    The issue with emotions is that everyone has 'em, even humans. What makes us different from eachother is our personality and I feel TS4 is quite lacking in that part. Don't get me wrong, they're very.. lively, but the emotions swing back and forth and in the long run they all end up chatting and being nice to eachother even if they are enemies. It breaks interactions for me which causes me to not socialize with other sims since it's all the same.

With this mod (played for atleast an hour now - real time) they don't chat as often and when they are angry or mad they stay that way, but this time is affects the relationship since the interactions keep playing, they don't do a happy chat after.

@SimGuruGraham I'm hoping you read this if you have the time, is it possible to have sims be more like their traits, so the actual ingame interactions reflect on it?
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Skobee wrote: »
    For people who don't mind using cc or mods, there is a new personality mod on modthesims right now. It changes interactions and it's supposed to make your sims more dynamic and actually feel like their traits matter.

You know when you have a mean sim and suddenly they start chatting like nothing happened even though you want them to argue. Well, with this mod you can download here you'll have the option to actually control them a bit more, plus they realise it themselves aswell.

I'm hoping the Guru's will pick up on this too, as a modder can do it, I don't see why this can't be patched in the future so emotions make sense.

Making traits matter more has been one of my rants for this game.
    I will certainly try it out.

Oh, and also Thank you for the Succubus mod. ;)

"Huh? :o ", you say.

Well I went on YouTube looking for anyone using the Personality mod and I came across the Succubus mod instead.
    I have been playing a custom succubus creature since the Sims 2 and 3 using whatever the game had to simulate a sim living off other sims.
    snapshot_76c7f9af_16c840bd.jpg

snapshot_76c7f9af_b6c85924.jpg

Screenshot-488.jpg

Screenshot-493.jpg

Screenshot-414-1.jpg

This Succubus mod will bring this custom creature to TS4 for me.
    That and the personality mod and vampires should give the game a dark edge. >:)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I was searching to see if anyone has posted about the "Have Some Personality Please!" mod, and found this thread! I've combined this mod with the "emotional inertia" mod, and the "No Happy Environment Moodlets" - both by RoBurky. I feel they're working together well, the room buffs were pretty strong and overwhelming (maybe I just decorate too much?) and the emotional inertia makes moods more persistent, which feels more realistic to me.

I'm seeing some interesting stuff happening. One sim took his new girlfriend to meet his parents, his mother hated her and was difficult the whole visit, but she was fine with him and loved the new dog! This is interesting, and it was cool to have less of the everyone is happy and likes everyone else situation I had before. Hard for me to say what's happening inside the code now, but I am clearly seeing sims behaving differently to each other based on relationship - so it's not all mood driven now.
  • rika1431rika1431 Posts: 28 Member
    This looks so cool, but I'm a little scared of trying it out. Does it make your sim stay angrier longer, leading to a potential cardiac explosion?
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I just downloaded and I'm about to try it out. sounds great. My current sims household hates her neighbor's husband but she works with his wife and is close friends with her. He's always complaining about noises (even when there aren't any) and they have fought each other at least 5 times so far and have been declared enemies but they still have chit chat like they're friends and it bugs the heck out of me. so fingers crossed that this works out for the best lol
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Sonata13SingerSonata13Singer Posts: 183 Member
    I'm trying this out.
    3ZWheQM.gif
    Origin ID: Sonata13Singer

I also create music and art (search up Sona13Singer on google... but I haven't been uploading a lot recently)
  • HeyyydudeHeyyydude Posts: 1 New Member
    I think they should make a mod that lets the toddlers or kids sleep in the bed with the Mom and dad when they get scared or something
  • hevkerhevker Posts: 84 Member
    I'm actually excited for this! I'm currently testing out an emotional inertia mod to see if I like how it affects my gameplay. I'm not sure how I feel about it so far but I think it's going to grow on me.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    so far all the personality changing mods or claiming to exceed personality, incl new traits do little to nothing
    the traits are bound to the few emotions, all the emotions sort under one prevalent & in most cases that's happy, at least in my game since i keep my sims in good shape - so not much happening with or without anything claiming to improve personality :confused:

until the traits &/or personality of TS4 sims is improved officially by the devs,
    no mod is gonna improve those sims, their interactions, wishes, moods, actions, they remain bland & exchangeably similar

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    Here's what I have in my mod folders for now;

- Meaningfull stories which includes the following
    True Happiness
    Emotional Inertia
    Uncomfortable Overhaul
    Variable Emotional Traits
    No Happy Environment Moodlets

- Please have some personalities mod
    - Slice of life
    - Also add more traits mod up to 25 per sim

......... I must say having these included in my game definitely changes everything
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Here's what I have in my mod folders for now;

- Meaningfull stories which includes the following
    True Happiness
    Emotional Inertia
    Uncomfortable Overhaul
    Variable Emotional Traits
    No Happy Environment Moodlets

- Please have some personalities mod
    - Slice of life
    - Also add more traits mod up to 25 per sim

......... I must say having these included in my game definitely changes everything

Cool i was wondering if you could have slice of life meaningfull stories and this one without conflicting gotta check this out