Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips for using nose masks

So I just recently discovered the magic of nose masks. They are seriously wonderful. But a lot of the times the skin tone doesn't match and I have a hard time getting it to. Any nose mask pros out there who know some tricks?

Comments

• GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    Euhm...just recolour the thing? Just do some stuff with that. And the opacity slider of course.
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Euhm...just recolour the thing? Just do some stuff with that. And the opacity slider of course.

Lol yah, I got that obviously, I was just wondering if anyone had tips on making matching up the color any easier. Thanks though.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I'm sorry, I use nosemasks sometimes and honestly, I don't have any problem with it...I just recolour it until it is okay and change the opacity. Once you do that, I don't think there are any more tips.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    Lol when I saw the title I thought about pore strips for some reason.

Anyway, on topic, I usually make my nose masks initially white. Then I change it little by little to match the skin tone. I find that if it is slightly lighter/less saturated, it usually looks fine, but if its darker than the skin it just looks weird. Also use opacity slider.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    Mmmh, well I find that depending on the tone ramp of the skin, you have to usually use a pink, orange or kinda yellow color (of course this doesn't apply to fantasy skin colors like the rainbow tone ramp), if the skin it's in the pale side, then the color I'll use it's the palest I can get without losing the hue, with the slider for light/dark in the middle or more to the right side (as in the darker side) and from there it's just a matter of playing with the opacity.
    The darker the skin the more saturation the base color I use, sometimes it is a really dark orange but with a lower opacity, so it really looks like some type of subtle shadowing.

Sorry if I'm saying something that you actually know how to do, but it's the only thing I could thought of sharing as some form of tip.
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Thanks guys, your tips really were helpful! I guess in the end though, it just takes extra effort if you want to use them.