Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well that debunks that then.

2...Next

Comments

• ChicherinoChicherino Posts: 118 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I need to play the game more though to see if the longer events only are about letting us take some breaks from time to time like it seemed for the one hour event I tried but which still just was an event that easily could be solved in less than 5 minutes by doing a huge number of guided actions.

Exactly! The game is still quite early in development, and Maxis have been working very hard to make it the best it can be. Whether you just want to sit back and have a relaxing game, or go all-in on the leaderboards, there's got to be a well-rounded balance to make it enjoyable for everyone.

Besides, we can't have too much of what Sims 4 has to offer, because let's face it; we don't all use the same tablet/smartphone with the same specs.
  • luke25luke25 Posts: 7 New Member
    thanks for the post :D
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I downloaded Freeplay but never played it after getting half way through the intro. I opened it up again months later to a gift of 2,000 simpoints Welcome back! for doing so! Made me a bit paranoid so I closed it again! I want to know how much it will cost me upfront when I play a game.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simburian wrote: »
    I downloaded Freeplay but never played it after getting half way through the intro. I opened it up again months later to a gift of 2,000 simpoints Welcome back! for doing so! Made me a bit paranoid so I closed it again! I want to know how much it will cost me upfront when I play a game.
    It will cost you nothing unless you choose to buy some of the extra stuff that we are offered all the time. EA wants you to play the game anyway and to choose to watch some of the 30 seconds videos which othe companies pay EA for showing there is a price of some dollars for every thousand times the videos are shown which the advertising companies have to pay to EA). So if you watch 3 short add videos a day in just a year then you have actually given EA about the same amount of money as if EA had sold Freeplay to you as a paid game :)

If you choose to buy everything that you are offered then Freeplay will cost you even much more than Sims 4. But I haven’t bought any of it and I am at the top level anyway :) So unless you don’t trust yourself to not pay $30 every time you are offered some new clothes or a new premade house for your sims the game is actually completely free for you to play!

There are quite much free clothes, free hair and free furniture in the game already. So I see no reason to buy something extra for the very high ingame prices. Therefore I just ignore all such offers :)
    Post edited by Erpe on