Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What About Building in the Mobile App?

I do not know that much about the new mobile app, but from what I am reading, it has pretty much all of the features that we have in TS4, plus more! My question is, as a builder, how are the building aspects of the mobile app compared to the PC game? Can we build 4 story buildings? Is there a basement tool? What building features does the mobile app have that TS4 does not have? If I use the app to only build like I use TS4, would it hold my interest? As a builder, I really don't focus too much on playing. Is the mobile app designed for builders, too?
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams

Comments

• JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited May 2017
    Based on what the trailers have shown + SimVIP has shown in her playthrough:

- Items can only be rotated at 90 degrees.
    - Only 1 floor/story. No stairs were seen.
    - No Pools shown
    - No basements shown
    - Overall it's 90% random objects from Sims 4 packs. No cohesion at all.
    - Some items are in fact new.
    - Sinks automatically come with mirrors
    - Not as many objects as in the Sims 4
    - No different item swatches were shown.
    - Only 1 lot was shown, but the map shows a few more lots.
    - Items can be placed in "half squares" positions.
    - No diagonal roofs or walls.
    - No wall swatches, just several basic recolors in their own slots in the wall paint selection.
    - The improved lighting introduced in an update to the Sims 4, is not present here.

From what we've seen so far, it seems very basic and even more stripped down than the Sims 4 base game.

But hey, it's just a soft launch and they will definitely add more once the game starts making money :)

• ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    It does not sound like something builders would be interested in. Seems like we (builders) are always getting short changed, lately. :/
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    It does not sound like something builders would be interested in. Seems like we (builders) are always getting short changed, lately. :/

No one is getting "short changed." This is a mobile game. It caters to a completely different demographic and therefore would never have anything as sophisticated as a dedicated building tool.
    EiFlric.png
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »

No one is getting "short changed." This is a mobile game. It caters to a completely different demographic and therefore would never have anything as sophisticated as a dedicated building tool.

Well, I agree with you about the app, but I cannot agree about TS4. Each version of the Sims got better and better for builders... until TS4. :(
    I really am not seeing much difference between building in TS3 mobile apps and this one. Building was lame in those, too. Obviously, it is not for builders.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

The Sims Freeplay has a pretty sophisticated building tool. Granted it's limited, but it shows that more could have been done for the new game.
  • ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member

The Sims Freeplay has a pretty sophisticated building tool. Granted it's limited, but it shows that more could have been done for the new game.

Like what?
    EiFlric.png
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Like what?

In S:FP you can build pools, something you cannot do in the new game. You can also build basements, as well as multiple stories vertically. Additonally there's a balcony tool allowing you to add balconies to the upper levels of the homes.

Of course not all of these features were in the game when it launched years ago, but this new game has only been in development for the last few years. Most of those build tools have been in FP for much longer than that. They could have made Build mode a lot better for the new game.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member

Like what?

In S:FP you can build pools, something you cannot do in the new game. You can also build basements, as well as multiple stories vertically. Additonally there's a balcony tool allowing you to add balconies to the upper levels of the homes.

Of course not all of these features were in the game when it launched years ago, but this new game has only been in development for the last few years. Most of those build tools have been in FP for much longer than that. They could have made Build mode a lot better for the new game.

Things like pools and multi floors will get added later in Events you can guarantee it. That's just the way mobile apps work and it doesn't/surprise me that they've chosen to take that route.
    ~ ~ ~