Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happens if your Sim dies in TSM?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    My elder Sims on his last leg

How many legs do sims have in this game!!!??? Is it a bit like Spore?

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited May 2017
    So sims don't die (I don't think anyways) my Sim just moved on and left the house then you get a collectible.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    I guess they can't have actual death, as it's meant for Kids. Death would give it a higher rating.
  • Options
    Ellie_Dear_1Ellie_Dear_1 Posts: 33 Member
    Aw, I was hoping for at least a death scene and a tombstone
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I guess they can't have actual death, as it's meant for Kids. Death would give it a higher rating.

Doubtful death isn't in the game just because of it might give a higher rating, just looks like still so much unfinished in this game still needs some polish.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Not really. But of course it depends on what you mean by real death?

It is vital for EA to keep the T rating which only allows little violence, minimal blood and no gore. But the T rating doesn't prevent death ;)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Erpe wrote: »

It is vital for EA to keep the T rating which only allows little violence, minimal blood and no gore. But the T rating doesn't prevent death ;)

Same animation like in TS4 like falling to the ground and disappearing. (No blood no gore)
    I don't think that would make the rating higher in any way.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

Same animation like in TS4 like falling to the ground and disappearing. (No blood no gore)
    It wouldn't. But it is unclear if the game still could be T rated if they put serious diseases (like cancer) or handicaps into the game with realistic and scaring symptoms. I don't think though that EA would ever like to do that anyway ;)
  • Options

It wouldn't. But it is unclear if the game still could be T rated if they put serious diseases (like cancer) or handicaps into the game with realistic and scaring symptoms. I don't think though that EA would ever like to do that anyway ;)

This also isn't what I want in the game. :D
    Just a simple falling to the ground animation and a gravestone in the inventory that one can place in their garden.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    AbneyTAbneyT Posts: 37 Member
    What's the current days until aging for an adult? My sim will age up to adult tonight x.x
  • Options
    >
    >
    > This also isn't what I want in the game. :D
    > Just a simple falling to the ground animation and a gravestone in the inventory that one can place in their garden.

Eh, it looks like we are going to have some kind of gallery of achievements by past sims. It might be better than a parade of gravestones in the backyard
  • Options
    So my Sim kinda died this morning. It doesn't actually show a Sims Death, but the Sim interacting with Grimmy in a cut scene. Screenshots over on my tumblr in link below. My photobucket isn't working
  • Options
    So my Sim kinda died this morning. It doesn't actually show a Sims Death, but the Sim interacting with Grimmy in a cut scene. Screenshots over on my tumblr in link below. My photobucket isn't working

Omg, what? :open_mouth:
    My Sim just retired yesterday and she just took her coffin and went offscreen.
    Also there wasn't a gravestone symbol on top of my Sim but the same symbol as the working symbol.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    > @knazzer said:
    > So my Sim kinda died this morning. It doesn't actually show a Sims Death, but the Sim interacting with Grimmy in a cut scene. Screenshots over on my tumblr in link below. My photobucket isn't working

So how did the heirloom thing work? What did you get?
  • Options
    BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    edited May 2017

Omg, what? :open_mouth:
    My Sim just retired yesterday and she just took her coffin and went offscreen.
    Also there wasn't a gravestone symbol on top of my Sim but the same symbol as the working symbol.
    AbneyT wrote: »
    > @knazzer said:
    > So my Sim kinda died this morning. It doesn't actually show a Sims Death, but the Sim interacting with Grimmy in a cut scene. Screenshots over on my tumblr in link below. My photobucket isn't working

So how did the heirloom thing work? What did you get?

Yup they retire, and they have a suitcase with them, not a coffin, but it is pretty obvious it meant to represent death.

I so far got a heirloom that adds 25 friendship points to chosen relationship, a heirloom that unlock levels 11 - 15 in medical career and one that grants 25 simoleons per day, the last one I actually got when my adult sim (son of the original two) moved to a neighbours house, he is gone from my game but he still exist in this neighbours game
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member

Doubtful death isn't in the game just because of it might give a higher rating, just looks like still so much unfinished in this game still needs some polish.

Forget Polish spill a bottle of Windex on that baby. Give it a streak free shine!
  • Options
    DanninicoleDanninicole Posts: 32 Member
    Not sure if anyone has said this yet, but if you choose to play a retiring sim until the end of the day, in stead of letting them retire when you open the game, grimmy comes and stands outside of your house. You can pay 50 cash to beg for more time or whatever. So they are dieing, but the retiring scenario just makes it a lot less death like.