Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Mobile plays 10 years before The Sims 4 in the timeline

Bella Goth seems younger than in The Sims 4.
The Sims Mobile might play about 10 years before the events of The Sims 4.
Bella is already a Goth, so she must have married Mortimer but she looks way younger than in The Sims 4.
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2017
    It seems though that the Sims Mobile is mostly aimed on and inspired by the legacy challenge and therefore meant to be played in many generations. I think that we will get a lot of quests about that too. So maybe it isn't really about playing it on a certain time?

From the game's description: "If you’ve played The Sims 4, you’ll notice that the mobile iteration takes its cues from the Legacy Challenge. Your goal is to build a family and support them through many generations, and you’ll earn trophies for doing so."
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    It seems though that the Sims Mobile is mostly aimed on and inspired by the legacy challenge and therefore meant to be played in many generations. I think that we will get a lot of quests about that too. So maybe it isn't really about playing it on a certain time?

From the game's description: "If you’ve played The Sims 4, you’ll notice that the mobile iteration takes its cues from the Legacy Challenge. Your goal is to build a family and support them through many generations, and you’ll earn trophies for doing so."

Yeah but I mean the starting point of the game. Every Sims game in the series has a starting point. You could play The Sims 4 for a million years and still if you start a new game file it will start at a certain point.
    a256aFi.gif
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    It may be an alternate world again. This is girl next door bella, hardly resembles her. She's like a nighbor that was a friend of your dead aunt or something like it, and she helps you move in to the house your aunt gave you...
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    What does Bella look like this time? Hopefully they toned down on her brazen look that they went with in TS4
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    With the release of The Sims 4 we established that there is no longer a timeline. These people ruined that with their 'alternate universe' excuse for having poorly thought out premades with little to no history, personality, or appeal. Bella Goth is more or less Maxis' go to girl for everything now a days, even though what made her so popular is now a thing of the past.
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    With the release of The Sims 4 we established that there is no longer a timeline. These people ruined that with their 'alternate universe' excuse for having poorly thought out premades with little to no history, personality, or appeal. Bella Goth is more or less Maxis' go to girl for everything now a days, even though what made her so popular is now a thing of the past.

Agree completely. Sims 4 has ruined me of premades. I no longer view them as cool Sims with unique lives and stories. They're cannon fodder to me these days.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    It's about to start making me live in fire world if The Sims 4 doesn't feature a lot of them!
  • SimlishBoiSimlishBoi Posts: 12 New Member
    I think we need to visit homes without having to go to parties of others. Parties could be a way to meet them but later after socializing the sims could vist them and their family untill a member that knows the person dies or the person dies. Players could meet others through freinds and who they know and if a freind and the other person can meet up through a social event called New Freind(Post ideas down below on what it should be called) Last players should always be able to chat with others (not just parties).
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited October 2017
    @DivieOwl wrote: »

Agree completely. Sims 4 has ruined me of premades. I no longer view them as cool Sims with unique lives and stories. They're cannon fodder to me these days.

The alternate Universe started in The Sims 3 though.

Bella and Mortimer are children, and the same age, even though Bella is younger than Mort and should be a Toddler, while Don is also in the base game, and is an adult.

They also made Bella Goth a ghost and rewrote Sims 2 canon.

And that's just for Bella Goth's line. Everybody's timeline is completely messed up, and everyone is the wrong age in The Sims 3, and the stories don't add up.

The Sims 4 isn't the first game to throw canon out the window, infact, The Sims 4 does a better job at keeping it consistent. At least everyone is the correct age at once, for starters.

The Sims 1 & 2 are the only ones that tell a story, The Sims 3 is set in an alternate universe to The Sims 1/2, but uses them as reference points, no different to The Sims 4. The Sims 4 however, only used them for the base game, and is establishing it's own universe, rather than messing up the previous one.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @DivieOwl wrote: »

The alternate Universe started in The Sims 3 though.

Bella and Mortimer are children, and the same age, even though Bella is younger than Mort and should be a Toddler, while Don is also in the base game, and is an adult.

They also made Bella Goth a ghost and rewrote Sims 2 canon.

And that's just for Bella Goth's line. Everybody's timeline is completely messed up, and everyone is the wrong age in The Sims 3, and the stories don't add up.

The Sims 4 isn't the first game to throw canon out the window, infact, The Sims 4 does a better job at keeping it consistent. At least everyone is the correct age at once, for starters.

The Sims 1 & 2 are the only ones that tell a story, The Sims 3 is set in an alternate universe to The Sims 1/2, but uses them as reference points, no different to The Sims 4. The Sims 4 however, only used them for the base game, and is establishing it's own universe, rather than messing up the previous one.
    In the Sims 2 there also were some events that always happened in each family the first day we played it in the basegame. So the start of the family story was precoded into the game. But already the EPs destroyed some of those precoded events. So it became clear already in TS2 that EA didn't regard those events and stories as very important and that they only were included to help us get started. And as you explained only the Sims (Bella, Mortimer, Don etc) were included in TS3 too but not their background family stories at all.