Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Micro-transactions prices

Just in case you wanna know... Micro-transactions are not so micro.

Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Whut? Only 600 for $10?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited May 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Whut? Only 600 for $10?

Yup. And it's worth 24 simbucks to skip 6 hours of sleeping.

So for 10 dollars you're getting 25 skips.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Whut? Only 600 for $10?

Yup. And it's worth 24 simbucks to skip 6 hours of sleeping.

So for 10 dollars you're getting 25 skips.

But won't you need to spend that 600 points/cash on other stuff, too? That seems awfully high prices. Gouge, ouch that hurts. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Well that's me never using micro-transactions then, I would rather wait the 6 hours for them to finish sleeping thanks. Or you know, use the PC version that I've already paid for.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2017
    samlyt22 wrote: »
    Well that's me never using micro-transactions then, I would rather wait the 6 hours for them to finish sleeping thanks. Or you know, use the PC version that I've already paid for.

Same, the prices are too high. I could buy a Stuff Pack for $10
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

I could buy a whole entire TS3 world for some of prices on that list. It seems sky high to me.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Yeah, there's no way this is replacing Sims 4, folks.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

A stuff pack that you will get to keep forever unlike this game that will only last as long as the servers are up.

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

SimCity BuildIt replaced SimCity (2013).

The thing with mobile games is that they are very accessible and many people fall victim to the horrible scam of the mobile market -- impulse buying. Given The Sims 4 wasn't the huge hit it was supposed to be, I'd say it's possible The Sims mobile could earn profits which exceed TS4.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited May 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »

The thing with mobile games is that they are very accessible and many people fall victim to the horrible scam of the mobile market -- impulse buying. Given The Sims 4 wasn't the huge hit it was supposed to be, I'd say it's possible The Sims mobile could earn profits which exceed TS4.

We don't know that.

SimCity 2013 had the normal lifespan of a SimCity game. I'm sure there will be another desktop version in the future.
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    edited May 2017
    It's been one day and already "most popular" "deals" are up?
  • Options

We don't know that.

SimCity 2013 had the normal lifespan of a SimCity game. I'm sure there will be another desktop version in the future.

No, Emeryville is closed they laid off and transferred all those people where Sim City existed/was built at the time when Maxis merged with the mobile division. Those devs (many) started their own mobile companies and got other jobs. Sim City is dead.
  • Options
    @Cinebar wrote: »

We don't know that.

No, Emeryville is closed they laid off and transferred all those people where Sim City existed/was built at the time when Maxis merged with the mobile division. Those devs (many) started their own mobile companies and got other jobs. Sim City is dead.

They said SimCity was dead when Will left, they made another.
    They said SimCity was dead after Societies cos of poor feedback. They made spin-off's of Societies for DS and Wii.
    They said SimCity 2013 was dead and EA were done. SimCity Build It arrives.

And it's no surprise that Maxis laid off staff, unless you think they kept SimCity 4 staff in an office doing nothing until Societies, and then again until SimCity 2013. They take huge breaks between games.

I'd imagine the next SimCity game will launch early next decade, honestly. And Build It is the cash cow in between.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

We don't know that.

They said SimCity was dead after Societies cos of poor feedback. They made spin-off's of Societies for DS and Wii.

And it's no surprise that Maxis laid off staff, unless you think they kept SimCity 4 staff in an office doing nothing until Societies, and then again until SimCity 2013. They take huge breaks between games.

I'd imagine the next SimCity game will launch early next decade, honestly. And Build It is the cash cow in between.

Notice the decline in quality in each SimCity game that you've listed. :grimace:

Simcity Societies and SimCity 2013 were very poorly received.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited May 2017
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

We don't know that.

Notice the decline in quality in each SimCity game that you've listed. :grimace:

Simcity Societies and SimCity 2013 were very poorly received.

Yep. And in that vein... is this new Sims Mobile actually the Sims 5? And, if so... for all of us dreaming of the Sims 5 should we all squee in unison? /cry
  • Options

We don't know that.

Jackjack_k I sort of think you don't actually realize the magnitude of closing down Emeryville and all it's history and all the lead developers of Sims City leaving EA.....I won't hold that against you because it's clear you really don't understand the magnitude of those decisions and why there won't be a Sim City for pc ever again.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

Yep. And in that vein... is this new Sims Mobile actually the Sims 5? And, if so... for all of us dreaming of the Sims 5 should we all squee in unison? /cry

No, of couse not. It's basically the look of TS4 with the gameplay of freeplay, there's nothing unique or new about it. I'm sure if there is a NEXT The Sims it will be better than the previous one because EA learns from their mistakes. See Mass Effect Andromeda.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

We don't know that.

First of all, Maxis had absolutely nothing to do with any SimCity game between SC4 and SC13. Societies, and the consolw/DS games were not made by the same team making PC titles.

SC'13 was planned to be a mega DLC warehouse, with more than just the one EP they released in the pipeline. SimCity 4 ended production because of the unexpected success or 'The Sims' and more resources were put toward developing The Sims 2, which would go on to outsell SimCity as the original did as well. Then, those people began working on other games such as Spore, and Darkspore before they attempted to make another SimCity title.

SimCity 2013 flopped partly due to the always online component that led to severe connectivity issues for the games first month on the market. The other part pertains to the unprofessional behavior exerted at all levels of the corporation, blatant lies were told to players and those lies were uncovered leaving a mess that worked it's way to the very top. The CEO lost his job, and 'offline' was a last ditch effort to save the game after Maxis (under new leadership at this point) confirmed that the game was not designed to offer players an experience similar in any way to what other SimCities offered. After that it was a short time before the game was officially dead.

It didn't follow any kind of pattern. There isn't a pattern with SimCity games anyway. The first SC to get an expansion pack was 4, and it got one before it was cancelled in favor of Sims 2. SC'13 got one EP that didn't solve the space shortage, and ultimately took the city builder in an unwarranted direction that players werent actually asking for. It too was cut short but this time due to negative reviews and admitted limitations from the studio.

EA lost to collossal order. They had a very noticeable brand with SimCity. Through incompetent management and a vision that didn't reflect the actual game they managed to kill off the PC franchise and paved the way for Cities Skylines to deliver in every way SC did not and then more. So I disagree with your analysis. EA/Maxis would be foolish to release another SC game after their reputation was effectively destroyed by the SC disaster.

If Toyota mass produced a car that exploded while being driven, and they knew it but denied it for as long as they could, would you be so quick to purchase a future version of that car?
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

We don't know that.

First of all, Maxis had absolutely nothing to do with any SimCity game between SC4 and SC13. Societies, and the consolw/DS games were not made by the same team making PC titles.

SC'13 was planned to be a mega DLC warehouse, with more than just the one EP they released in the pipeline. SimCity 4 ended production because of the unexpected success or 'The Sims' and more resources were put toward developing The Sims 2, which would go on to outsell SimCity as the original did as well. Then, those people began working on other games such as Spore, and Darkspore before they attempted to make another SimCity title.

SimCity 2013 flopped partly due to the always online component that led to severe connectivity issues for the games first month on the market. The other part pertains to the unprofessional behavior exerted at all levels of the corporation, blatant lies were told to players and those lies were uncovered leaving a mess that worked it's way to the very top. The CEO lost his job, and 'offline' was a last ditch effort to save the game after Maxis (under new leadership at this point) confirmed that the game was not designed to offer players an experience similar in any way to what other SimCities offered. After that it was a short time before the game was officially dead.

It didn't follow any kind of pattern. There isn't a pattern with SimCity games anyway. The first SC to get an expansion pack was 4, and it got one before it was cancelled in favor of Sims 2. SC'13 got one EP that didn't solve the space shortage, and ultimately took the city builder in an unwarranted direction that players werent actually asking for. It too was cut short but this time due to negative reviews and admitted limitations from the studio.

EA lost to collossal order. They had a very noticeable brand with SimCity. Through incompetent management and a vision that didn't reflect the actual game they managed to kill off the PC franchise and paved the way for Cities Skylines to deliver in every way SC did not and then more. So I disagree with your analysis. EA/Maxis would be foolish to release another SC game after their reputation was effectively destroyed by the SC disaster.

If Toyota mass produced a car that exploded while being driven, and they knew it but denied it for as long as they could, would you be so quick to purchase a future version of that car?

Another issue with SC13 is that the heads at EA and Maxis weren't in agreement. SC13 was supposed to be much more than we got. With features like wrecks, regions that go from the small towns to an entire town taking up a region, etc. But EA wouldn't fund a game unless it was put online, and while the devs did do everything they could to stick to this vision (it was sort-of laid out in a Q&A with a former SC dev) the online limitation put on by EA just couldn't allow them the freedom they needed.

As for CO killing off the hope of another SC title, it's something I do respectively disagree with. Yes, CS did do pretty well in sales but couldn't get close to SC's sales and is quickly going downhill with CO continuing to release the base game in bits with expansions. Which is something I don't like to normally say, but expanding an already completely broken tourist and transport systems along with disasters isn't exactly ground breaking. While they would certainly need to step up to the modding capability with CS, EA/Maxis can certainly release another successful SC as long as they are willing to put themselves to the task.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited May 2017

No, of couse not. It's basically the look of TS4 with the gameplay of freeplay, there's nothing unique or new about it. I'm sure if there is a NEXT The Sims it will be better than the previous one because EA learns from their mistakes. See Mass Effect Andromeda.

Oh? This Mass Effect Andromeda(1)? Or do you mean this Mass Effect Andromeda(2)? How about this Mass Effect Andromeda(3)?

1) Mass Effect series "on ice" following Andromeda disappointment - BioWare Montreal now helping out with other games;

2) EA’s CEO still has faith in BioWare after mixed Mass Effect: Andromeda reviews;

3) Andromeda largely feels like a shoddily assembled facsimile of the previous Mass Effect games.

oh... you were being snarkastic. well played.
    Post edited by Bagoas77 on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Hello!

A few things:

1. The Sims Mobile is not The Sims 4 on a mobile platform.
    2. SimCity BuildIt did not replace SimCity, we still maintain SimCity servers and there are people from that team located at EARS.
    3. The Sims Mobile has nothing to do with the PC product and will not affect our development. It is a different game with a different focus and a different team within our studio.
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

Oh? This Mass Effect Andromeda(1)? Or do you mean this Mass Effect Andromeda(2)? How about this Mass Effect Andromeda(3)?

1) Mass Effect series "on ice" following Andromeda disappointment - BioWare Montreal now helping out with other games;

2) EA’s CEO still has faith in BioWare after mixed Mass Effect: Andromeda reviews;

3) Andromeda largely feels like a shoddily assembled facsimile of the previous Mass Effect games.

oh... you were being snarkastic. well played.

:p
  • Options
    srabideau0993srabideau0993 Posts: 30 Member
    Just like any app that has in game transactions - you can choose is you want to pay for them or not. I've been playing Tapped out since 2014 and I've never paid for anything in the game (there is way too much and it's all overprice IMO) if you dont want to pay - Don't.