Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only Time Will Tell - UPDATE 03/14/2019 - 02.04

Comments

• MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    Soon? :(
    I've been sick with strep and antibiotics always make me super tired. When Im super tired I can't think.
    I'll try to update soon. Promise. <3

Ooooh goodness, so sorry for you! :o Please don't feel pressured to write or so, that was just to express my longing for reading stuff ;) You just take care of yourself first but I will wait for the update impatiently nevertheless
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    Just a quick update. I am finally off antibiotics, yay! I have almost half of generation 2 written out, I just need to go and screenshot now. That's what will take the most amount of time. The setup of this generation, and the next, will be very social based. That means a lot of background Sims with a variety of stalls and houses. Honestly not looking forward to the posing sessions. :#
    Just a quick update. I am finally off antibiotics, yay! I have almost half of generation 2 written out, I just need to go and screenshot now. That's what will take the most amount of time. The setup of this generation, and the next, will be very social based. That means a lot of background Sims with a variety of stalls and houses. Honestly not looking forward to the posing sessions. :#

Phew, finally! Those bacteria are resistant creatures, that much's true. So glad for you <3
    I'm very fine with social! Social is culture. Social is interesting. But social also means a ton of building and posing.

In this regard... ;)
    2a0i97s.gif
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Hello all. Just dropped by to leave a few tantalizing morsels for you to quench your hunger on. The process is going rather slow, but it's getting there.
    Hm, who are those beautiful specimens I have on display? ;)
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    edited September 2018
    We now enter into Generation 2, Early Civilization, following young Philo and his family on the outskirts of Minoan Civilization. So sorry it took that long to get a chapter out. I'll try to do better next time. :D
    preview.png
    edited September 2018
    Yeeees, Minoan! There aren't enough stories in that culture around, all the happier I am now! :smiley:
    Lol for Philo's mother wishing the plague on her husband for those children :D (And also where did you get that super sweet toddler garment? Pretty please? :love: ) Philo was so sweet worrying his baby brother might feel cold.
    I believe to remember distantly that the people before the Greeks (I think it was the Minoans?) was matriarchal, or at least more equal in giving rights to men and women. Are they Minoans in the time the later Greeks invade the land? Because Philo's aunt explained the world was changing and that they have raised Philo differently.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Yeeees, Minoan! There aren't enough stories in that culture around, all the happier I am now! :smiley:
    Lol for Philo's mother wishing the plague on her husband for those children :D (And also where did you get that super sweet toddler garment? Pretty please? :love: ) Philo was so sweet worrying his baby brother might feel cold.
    I believe to remember distantly that the people before the Greeks (I think it was the Minoans?) was matriarchal, or at least more equal in giving rights to men and women. Are they Minoans in the time the later Greeks invade the land? Because Philo's aunt explained the world was changing and that they have raised Philo differently.

Isn't it the cutest! I'll send you the link to it when I get home from work tonight.
    Yes the Minoans are pretty gender equal, slightly more matriarchal. However their story takes place at the very end of Minoan civilization, right before it starts to crumble and everything goes very dark in society. It will still be predominantly equal for men and women in the story. However, im also using the slowly invasive culture of the greeks as part of their destruction (which will be explained later on when Philo is old enough to actually understand) along with the more natural sources.
    **The decline of Minoan society is always depicted after the destruction of Akrotiri on Thera. Philos story takes place on the years leading up to that destruction.
    @MrsRacooney
    Here you go. It's the cute toddler outfit from the Prologue.
    Oooh so I did remember something from my Troy obsession :# So exited to see how you'll portray the clash of cultures!
    @MrsRacooney
    Here you go. It's the cute toddler outfit from the Prologue.

Thank you! :)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited September 2018
    Happy Wednesday all! I'm doing slightly better at getting chapters out. :D
    Also, Ghadana and her family were submitted by @littlemissgogo <3
    preview1.png
    I can't express how happy it makes me that drawing is still a thing in this family! Can we get a short tour through the atelier? I'd love to see more of it! The setting is just so beautiful <3 Those Minoan drawings!
    Hoping that Philo won't have to take over his father's profession would most likely be in vain anyway in those times. So instead let's hope he'll get used to it and maybe find some joy :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I was extremely happy when I realized all the artwork I had nabbed was from the Minoan civilization! The first 3 generations I plan on having a heavy influence of art for the heir due to the challenge specifications, but we'll see. I haven't quite figured out the direction for generation 3 yet. ;)
    There isn't much to see in Kleitros' studio. I'm afraid it won't be used much in my shots, plus his workshop is very small (majority of his business with patrons happens outside the studio). But, I can put up some shots of the house and market place. :) I'll put them up very soon.
    Yes, the heir does tend to be required to uphold the family business, sadly. My poor little Phi. Life just isn't fair. :(
    edited September 2018
    Happy almost Thursday!
    Enjoy part one of chapter 2!
    preview2.png
    I feel like Ghadana's liveliness is the one thing Philo needs to be thrown off of his sadness and self-pity. But he's still young. I trust that he will learn to live better with himself when he's a bit more grown-up. So he can't remember things? To what extent? That part kind of confused me but it's also early in the morning here :#
    The priestess was great and has a great humor. Like, calling herself and "old, wise woman" when she doesn't look that old yet. That's what people who are pretty confident with themselves can do. Every other woman would shy away from such a statement :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    I feel like Ghadana's liveliness is the one thing Philo needs to be thrown off of his sadness and self-pity. But he's still young. I trust that he will learn to live better with himself when he's a bit more grown-up. So he can't remember things? To what extent? That part kind of confused me but it's also early in the morning here :#
    The priestess was great and has a great humor. Like, calling herself and "old, wise woman" when she doesn't look that old yet. That's what people who are pretty confident with themselves can do. Every other woman would shy away from such a statement :D

Without going into major spoiler mode, I'll just say this.
    Its a form of anterograde amnesia, which is basically unheard of to the doctors. People forget the past after an accident, some recover some don't. But they've never seen a person forget day to day events so they have no idea what's wrong with him.
    You all will find out why the memory loss by the end of the era. ;)
    Haha. I figured that an actual priestess would be young (because Gods seem to flock to the young) and pretty self confident in her abilities.
    Happy Sunday all! Enjoy the second part of chapter 2! I'd also like to mention I have shots of the family home up in the gallery (under other) and will soon add shots of the market and random homes as we come across them. I will also be adding an updated character page (spoilers there be!) for generation 2 that will be more detailed then generation 1 was.
    preview3.png
    The family's dynamics are strong. They don't refrain from punishment but can also laugh together about some harmless kids actions. Philo mustn't feel bad for that. It was sweet that he bought a toy for Ghadana and from what I can tell, even though punishing him for that both his parents see the kindness in that gesture and appreciate it in their very own way. His mother is a strong woman in a changing society. I like her very much, she's smart enough to adapt but sneaky enough not to let herself be fully controlled. I'd guess she's one of those women who has quite some influence on her husband! And I hope she'll succeed in raising her children to respect their wives as well.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    The family's dynamics are strong. They don't refrain from punishment but can also laugh together about some harmless kids actions. Philo mustn't feel bad for that. It was sweet that he bought a toy for Ghadana and from what I can tell, even though punishing him for that both his parents see the kindness in that gesture and appreciate it in their very own way. His mother is a strong woman in a changing society. I like her very much, she's smart enough to adapt but sneaky enough not to let herself be fully controlled. I'd guess she's one of those women who has quite some influence on her husband! And I hope she'll succeed in raising her children to respect their wives as well.

Their bonds are very strong indeed, mainly because of the random secrets they hold in trust -such as Sappho's rejection of the Gods in favor of Spirits. I've always believed this era was very focussed on respect (even if its fake) so they surely kept a tight leash on their kids.
    As for Melitta, well, she happens to be lucky in the area that Kleitos is deeply in love with her and will usually bend to her will eventually.
    In game, he tends to be a little mean to everyone else! :D
  • BurdBurd Posts: 28 Member
    I've only read the first few installments of Series 2 but I'm now interested enough to go back and read through Season 1 I feel.

Your writing creates such strong bonds between reader and character as well as inter-character relationships blending through in a vivid concoction of intrigue! The theme and their outfits are beyond adorable as well, I'm truly falling for this story the way a reader can only do when they want more! Don't worry about time between writings though, not rushing is crucial and your pace in the story currently reflects that!

Keep up the awesome content, you have another fan!
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I was finally able to catch up tonight and it was terrific! made me so happy to see Ghadana and her antics. Philo's dynamic with her is so cute and so fitting for kids their age.
    6riwm5.png
    Burd wrote: »
    I've only read the first few installments of Series 2 but I'm now interested enough to go back and read through Season 1 I feel.

Your writing creates such strong bonds between reader and character as well as inter-character relationships blending through in a vivid concoction of intrigue! The theme and their outfits are beyond adorable as well, I'm truly falling for this story the way a reader can only do when they want more! Don't worry about time between writings though, not rushing is crucial and your pace in the story currently reflects that!

Keep up the awesome content, you have another fan!

I'm glad you're enjoying it so much! <3
    I was finally able to catch up tonight and it was terrific! made me so happy to see Ghadana and her antics. Philo's dynamic with her is so cute and so fitting for kids their age.

I'm just happy you submitted her! She's such a pleasure to write about :)
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    edited October 2018
    Yay! All caught up while taking a break from verbs (and sentences) in Latin.

So far I've learned ...

Si me amas, servas me :D
    Hello all! Just wanted to leave a quick update. I recently purchased seasons (yay!) so I've been playing around with it before I go back into the game. :)
    Oooh! Can't wait to see how that'll affect the story, but snow will probably make it harder to simulate real Greek weather conditions :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited October 2018
    Oooh! Can't wait to see how that'll affect the story, but snow will probably make it harder to simulate real Greek weather conditions :D

Which is why I'm taking a while to decide. :( I wanted to implement real weather conditions, but now I'm thinking I may turn it off completely until the next generation. If not I'll have to carefully plan my shoots. :p