Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only Time Will Tell - UPDATE 03/14/2019 - 02.04

Comments

• SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    "Ugh, adults are so gross" But Dana and Arya don't care, they've probably got a lot of that already in their lives :D

I laughed a little too hard when I screened this. :D
    Hello everyone. I'm sorry for the lack of updates lately. I have anew job and the schedule has been crazy (or maybe its the hour long drive to work now).

I'll be taking a short hiatus until I get use to the flow of things. See you all soon!
    edited May 2018
    Hello everyone! My deepest apologies for the long hiatus (much longer than I anticipated). But thankfully I wrote out the remaining few chapters for our Prehistoric era, so you should be seeing them all very soon!

preview.png
    edited May 2018
    Down to the last 3 chapters everyone! Enjoy.

preview1.png
    edited May 2018
    Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend! To end it, I thought I'd give you the last chapter of the Prehistoric era. The last official chapter in any case, I still have an epilogue for you. ;) Also, don't forget to submit your Sim for Generation 2, aka Early Civilization, casting call!

preview2.png
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend! To end it, I thought I'd give you the last chapter of the Prehistoric era. The last official chapter in any case, I still have an epilogue for you. ;) Also, don't forget to submit your Sim for Generation 2, aka Early Civilization, casting call!

preview2.png

What the last! :scream: Wow! (Also, I'm extremely excited for gen 2 as early civilizations are my favorite... Not so hard to tell, eh? :# Will you already give away in which country everything will take place?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

preview2.png

What the last! :scream: Wow! (Also, I'm extremely excited for gen 2 as early civilizations are my favorite... Not so hard to tell, eh? :# Will you already give away in which country everything will take place?

It was a hard decision. I originally wanted either Roman or Greek culture to be the focal. However, most of that time period is super developed with myths and legends that there really isn't any "mystery" left. Plus it would put me very close to the medieval age in some cases. So I've actually settled on an ancient city in Greek history called Akrotiri. :)
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member

preview2.png

It was a hard decision. I originally wanted either Roman or Greek culture to be the focal. However, most of that time period is super developed with myths and legends that there really isn't any "mystery" left. Plus it would put me very close to the medieval age in some cases. So I've actually settled on an ancient city in Greek history called Akrotiri. :)

Uhh, :open_mouth: that'll be extra interesting, I'm excited :)
    Did you decide how you will portray the time skip? *still hoping for a Generation Xerox xD*

For the casting call, what sort of role do you need for a potential love interest f.ex.?
    Like do you need someone machiavellian, innocent, spoiled, antagonistic…?
    edited May 2018
    Damaro wrote: »

preview2.png

Uhh, :open_mouth: that'll be extra interesting, I'm excited :)
    Did you decide how you will portray the time skip? *still hoping for a Generation Xerox xD*

For the casting call, what sort of role do you need for a potential love interest f.ex.?
    Like do you need someone machiavellian, innocent, spoiled, antagonistic…?

For the time skip, no Generation Xerox, sorry.

For the casting call, I have updated the casting page as well so hopefully it helps:
    1. Innocent, friendly, caring. A bit naïve at times. From a wealthy/important family of your choosing
    2. Stubborn, strong-willed, doesn't easily show her good heart. This Sim will start out as a slave, you can make her background anything you wish
    3. Shy, quiet. A pawn to her manipulative mother. From a wealthy/important merchant family
    Post edited by Sarahkay on
    Apologies in advance. The Epilogue will be delayed a bit longer due to aging up, family development, etc. Don't forget to submit your Sims for my Casting Call!. I'll need a mass amount of background characters for this generation and I'd rather not use re-modeled townies.
    edited June 2018
    Just a quick little update on the challenge portion! I reached all required goals (whoo!). I'll just leave this here with a promise that I'm getting close to publishing the Epilogue!
    portrait.png
    This is a screen shot of what their family portrait will look like. Mahala, Liana and Mayliah are both pregnant in this...and someone is not happy about it!
    * A fun little story: cypress constantly takes her clothes off and runs around so I thought it fitting to have her in summer clothes while everyone else is in winter :D

Edit: Don't forget about the casting call! I've received some wonderful submissions, but still need many many more. Feel free to submit as many as your heart desires!
    We have reached the end of the Prehistoric Era. Now, the family will journey into Early Civilization and have more "evolved" problems. Hopefully you all can wait, because it will be a while before set up is complete. I may be inclined to leave a advancement picture here and there. ;)
    epilogue.png
    What a beautiful ending, though many questions were left.^^
    Still thinking hard about your casting call. Do you still need girls? What color scheme would you prefer?
    edited June 2018
    What a beautiful ending, though many questions were left.^^
    Still thinking hard about your casting call. Do you still need girls? What color scheme would you prefer?

I have a page full of after-story summaries for all of the main characters that I'll be posting here in a little bit. But if you have any questions feel free to ask. I basically have a good chunk of their adult lives planned out. :)
    A link for this has now been posted on the front page.

As for the casting call, I mainly need family groups for minor roles and background characters (this generation has more of a social casting where the last had a few here and there) but I'll take anything and use them as I can (slaves, vendors, random civilians, etc). Feel free to submit whatever you wish and as many as you wish, even if you don't want to create a backstory.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    What an ending!!

Working on submitting some sims for your casting call. I just need to type stuff up.
    Haflinger wrote: »
    What an ending!!

Working on submitting some sims for your casting call. I just need to type stuff up.

I'm glad you liked it! I love "open ended" endings as they leave more to the imagination for readers and easier to create branch offs to the story. :)
    That would be greatly appreciated and would cut out some staging time! Right now I have a mass amount of work creating all of the town setup.
    Think I'll comment here from now on, because I actually have no idea why I started doing that on wordpress :D My heart broke for Liana... In a good way. If that makes sense. She's seen so much and her voice now is a wise one, one that's been sated by pain and loss - but love and happiness as well. And while pitying her it still makes me happy, too to know she's in a flourishing family now and well-respected. She's come far and if anyone has deserved it, it's her. But when the time comes, I feel she will be ready and glad to go because of all the hardship she's had to endure.
    Yup, chapter definitely tugged at the feels. <3 Well written!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    @MrsRacooney
    So sorry I didn't respond! I was never notified that you commented. :s
    Liana was ready to leave her world a long time ago, but her ancestors spirits prevented her attempts several times before she gave up. Oddly enough, because I didn't intend this to happen, she became an heir in her own right along side of Dana, Averie, and Kain. Originally she had a very minor role, one mainly to just offer support to Kain as he walked in the spirit world. But when I had it all written out, it just didn't seem right so I scrapped it and this happened. <3

Also! I thought I would pop in and let you all know how my progress is going. This marketplace will be used in the chapters to come for Tribe Teoce, however I plan on re-decorating it from Egyptian to Minoan/Greek themed to fit this generation. Hope you all enjoy it!
    preview-3.png
    preview-2.png
    preview-1.png
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    DUUUUUUDE, that is AWESOME! <3
    That market place is so beautiful :love: and really egyptian, of course B) it will undoubtedly make a nice geek Agora, too
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Very atmospheric! <3
    Very atmospheric! <3

The almost-beheaded pig in the last one though :D Prophetic, considering its future.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Very atmospheric! <3

The almost-beheaded pig in the last one though :D Prophetic, considering its future.

:D:D So that was a complete accident but said to myself "Hey it looks like his head is sticking out!" but on closer inspection saw the beheaded quality to it.
    *runs in*
    *asks:* When do we get any new historical or Amazon stuff? :'(
    *runs out*
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    *runs in*
    *asks:* When do we get any new historical or Amazon stuff? :'(
    *runs out*

Soon? :(
    I've been sick with strep and antibiotics always make me super tired. When Im super tired I can't think.
    I'll try to update soon. Promise. <3