Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only Time Will Tell - UPDATE 03/14/2019 - 02.04

Comments

• Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    Hey, it says "page not found" for me. Solved the problem by clicking at the last chapter banner and skipping forward, but just wanted to let you know ;)

Thank you! I fixed the link. Its always something with my posts, haha.
  • Options
    A special treat! I decided to release the next chapter super early since I've been slacking in the quickness area.
    preview1.png
  • Options
    Enjoy the newest chapter. This one was actually split into two chapters, so chapter 15 should be released in the next few days. :)
    preview2.png
  • Options
    Update: With the purchase of Cats and Dogs I had a slight problem with my mods/cc. As I was trying to update it all, I somehow managed to delete everything....everything. I'm almost halfway through the endless lists I have saved. I was on the last section of the new chapter so hopefully I don't go crazy from the mass amount of content before I can finish it. :s
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    Update: With the purchase of Cats and Dogs I had a slight problem with my mods/cc. As I was trying to update it all, I somehow managed to delete everything....everything. I'm almost halfway through the endless lists I have saved. I was on the last section of the new chapter so hopefully I don't go crazy from the mass amount of content before I can finish it. :s

Oh my...! :dizzy: So sorry that happened, but at least you still have some kind of a list. That's a start. *sending you a lot of positive energy*
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Couldn't find a few cc items I've been using. Please ignore any glaring issues you may find. :s

preview.png
  • Options
    Be prepared for another time jump. New chapter may be out by the end of the week if I can manage to get in enough actual game play. But for now, here's chapter 16. Enjoy!
    preview1.png
  • Options
    Hello everyone! So sorry for my lack of updates. The story had a major time jump, and it was definitely challenging. I'm tracking my progress for the actual challenge, so I couldn't age them up. I had to wait. Then our hot-headed Ava wanted to constantly be rude to her suitors, and it took forever to find a man that stuck around long enough to make nooboos with. Hope everyone had a great New Years! Enjoy Part 1 of chapter 17!
    preview.png
  • Options
    Surprise! Here's part 2 of Chapter 17. Enjoy!
    preview1.png
  • Options
    The site of part 1 doesn't link to part 2 ;) Part 2 site is okay though
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    The site of part 1 doesn't link to part 2 ;) Part 2 site is okay though

:( I always seem to forget a link somewhere, haha. Thanks for telling me. It's updated now
  • Options
    Hello everyone. Hope this new chapter finds you all well even as the plot thickens for our Family.
    preview2.png
  • Options
    Chapter 19 is out! These group chapters though...! Someone always trys to prove they have free will and walk around. :s
    Enjoy!
    preview4.png
  • Options
    Chapter 19 is out! These group chapters though...! Someone always trys to prove they have free will and walk around. :s

Bahahaha! I understand you so well, more than three sims at the same picture are horror :joy:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    I've somehow managed to get two chapters typed up but only half the screen shots on just the first one. Poses are eluding me this time. :(
    Hoping I can get it released by tomorrow night!
  • Options
    TGIF...almost! :D Everysim was being a pain during these shoots!

preview.png

We're nearing the end of the Prehistoric Era and I have a question for you all. Originally, I had intended to do a traditional legacy format (each generation as they come). This made it to where each era could be read as an individual story. However since this story does span hundreds to thousands of years between each other, I considered doing every other generation to make the story play out a little more smoothly (because of the time gap). In other words, Kain is Prehistoric. Early Civilization would be Kain's grandchildren instead oh his children. This is just a thought, so I would like to know everyone's opinions before I make a decision.
  • Options
    I like the thought! That's much more realistic anyway and I'm all up for realistic :joy: Also, it would be interesting to see how much each generation still knows about the previous ones and how they change their stories. It'd be only natural if after some generations Kain's coevals were like myths, a past they don't remember other than in legends. You got me all in! :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    I like the thought! That's much more realistic anyway and I'm all up for realistic :joy: Also, it would be interesting to see how much each generation still knows about the previous ones and how they change their stories. It'd be only natural if after some generations Kain's coevals were like myths, a past they don't remember other than in legends. You got me all in! :D

That was the plan. I've always been fasinated with how things can go from being common knowledge to mystery. :)
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    edited February 2018

How about a generation xerox?
    You take the same characters, but they are actually different ones in the story, their descendants dozens and hundreds of generations later and coincidentally so similar to their forefathers, that you could think they had been reborn.
    Every time you do such a time jump you could give a quick overview of how their lifes and the ones of their ancestors are similar or how they were different, explaining that they really are different people (but same in some ways xD)

With that, you could continue with your sims but it is actually hundreds and thousands of years later. It is even more realistic speaking of time than jumping ages after grandchildren and it is not that far fetched that one of your ancestors was very much like you.
    (You could also change their colors if it would help you if they would differ more.)
  • Options
    Damaro wrote: »
    You take the same characters, but they are actually different ones in the story, their descendants dozens and hundreds of generations later and coincidentally so similar to their forefathers, that you could think they had been reborn.
    Every time you do such a time jump you could give a quick overview of how their lifes and the ones of their ancestors are similar or how they were different, explaining that they really are different people (but same in some ways xD)

With that, you could continue with your sims but it is actually hundreds and thousands of years later. It is even more realistic speaking of time than jumping ages after grandchildren and it is not that far fetched that one of your ancestors was very much like you.
    (You could also change their colors if it would help you if they would differ more.)

Interesting. I'll have to study it a little more and see if that works out better. I can see the appeal to it, but also possible drawbacks.
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Damaro wrote: »

Interesting. I'll have to study it a little more and see if that works out better. I can see the appeal to it, but also possible drawbacks.

Normally, in TV it is backwards. People travelling back in time and meet their doppelgangers /ancestors. (back to the future...) But there are examples for the forward method too, like the series Blackadder
  • Options
    Happy almost Friday again! I promise I'm trying to update more than once a week...but until then, enjoy!
    preview1.png
  • Options
    Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
    The newest chapter update lets you learn a little more about three members of the family. Of course, that all depends on who you personally consider part of the family. ;)
    preview2.png
  • Options
    Hope everyone had a very special Valentines day this past Wednesday. Unfortunately, none of the upcoming chapters were very "loving" so I wasn't able to get a V-day special out. There are two love birds, however, who can be found below.
    preview3.png
    bloop.png
    bloop2.png
  • Options
    "Ugh, adults are so gross" But Dana and Arya don't care, they've probably got a lot of that already in their lives :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26