Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Builds...

Comments

• FunkycormFunkycorm Posts: 50 Member
    Great job!
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited August 2017
    @
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Speaking of which, are they in your Exchange Studio, and what is your Store ID? I couldn't find you.

@Jude525 , Sorry, I never get notifications when someone posts in my threads anymore, gotta tweak my notification settings....

My studio ID is Charlottesmom66 :)
  • funkeeferretfunkeeferret Posts: 415 Member
    I really like your houses. The gray stone house with the person standing out in front with an umbrella is pretty cool too. I love love love the witches house. The landscaping is awesome! I love the colors and layout. Will have to check those out. Nice job. Thanks for sharing! :)
    More recent builds...

26174277929_be42e257da_b.jpg

26174279479_f6945ee626_b.jpg

37801860921_7a94f2900e_b.jpg

37131654163_ebe9e33812_b.jpg

:smiley:
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Your two new homes look so very nice! :) Very nice design of the exteriors of them! The layout of them looks very nice!
    The multi level glasshouse area in the second build looks so great! The types and placement of the windows in the home looks very nice, It looks a very nice light filled home! The greenery covered trellis roofing over the upper balcony looks very nice, and the flowers and plants on the edges of the home look pretty! The first home looks so very grand and suits Halloweentime so very well! Very nice design of the roofing! The type of windows used suits the home well, and their placement looks very nice in this home also! The grey wall texture gives a great look to the home. The roof decor looks great in the front entrance area. Very nice firepit and outdoors dining areas on the front patio areas.
    They are very nice homes! :)
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    Ooo I really like the gothic one! I'd love to see the interior! Are the ornaments over the front porch (I'm sure there's a name for this, I just don't know it) CC?
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    It's nice to see some new work from you. I found The Manor in your studio, but not the second house. Love them, as always. While I can see myself using The Manor as neighborhood dressing, I'm more interested in the second for actual gameplay. I don't know what you have for interior now, but assuming everything under that beautiful glass ceiling is open I would totally cheat an entire indoor garden under it, including a tree or two to make a complete solarium. (Hoping you don't mind my going rogue. I'm notorious for it.)

@Zayven I've downloaded The Manor and tested it with Custard (a tool for that purpose) and it doesn't show any cc. But it does have several Sims 3 Store pieces.
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Charlottesmom I've put the Manor in my game today. I am so in love with it! You did an awesome job designing it. I don't have all my ep, sp or store stuff so there were a few funny game substitutions, including the outside was white cement instead of the rocks. The substitution for the table on the front deck was hilarious, but I forgot to take a picture. Needless to say I'm having a blast decorating it for a certain someone's lifemate. Shhh....don't tell anyone. :wink: I'm adding a basement via a tower in the back 'cause he has to have a lair. :) I found the vampire gnome playing in the front. I hope you are getting some play time!! Thanks so much for sharing this awesome build. :::hugs:::
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    @Jude525 Thank you! I hadn't heard of Custard until right now. Trying to figure it out myself :)
  • MpartMpart Posts: 115 Member
    I haven't seen this thread before, but I'm honestly just in awe of your builds. The amount of detail that goes into them and how you just make each one come to life...wow. As a fellow builder, I am personally taking notes.
    t2W9HAW.png

Mpart's Builds; Taking Requests (Indefinite Hiatus)
    Wow!! Thank you all for your very nice comments!! Building is my favorite part of Sims even though I don't do it as much as I would like.

@Jude525 and @Zayven , I never use CC unless it is a pattern I made up myself but with builds that will be going onto the exchange I very rarely even use those. I don't have mods or CC in my game. ;) . the roof accents are available in the store they are gables or roof ends.

@Jude525 , Have you see the interior of my Three Trees build...there are actually three trees in the house. :smiley: I love adding in the unexpected (though from the name of the build it isn't completely unexpected.. ;) )

@bekkasan , I can't wait to see how you modified the house for Autumn and her mate...when she finds him. <3
  • eric6a01eric6a01 Posts: 69 Member
    (the third photo) Thats a nice place to hold a party and having lunch!
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited November 2017
    @Charlottesmom you've got some really nice builds here.

I especially like
    MFEO (Made For Each Other) Wedding Chapel:

Screenshot-4735_zps1qldqynx.jpg
    It reminds me of a local Greek Orthodox church. A blue roof would make it even more so. :)

Fantastic curb appeal. The landscaping elevates it even more.
    Screenshot-1223_zps61cmxkje.jpg

What a fantastic vampire lair (except for the windows :) ). Love how you have incorporated the Victorian roofing from the "Now and Then Manner"(or is it mansion?) with a hipped roof.
    26174277929_be42e257da_b.jpg

26174279479_f6945ee626_b.jpg

@Charlottesmom I've gone through your Studio on the Exchange and can't find the Three Trees house. It was sad, too, because I didn't notice there was a content type filter until I was on page 72 or something like that. By the gods, you're a prolific creator! So, I finally filtered to just lots and still couldn't find it. Could you help me out with a link? I REALLY want to download it.
    aka Jude

My Studio

Jude525 wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom I've gone through your Studio on the Exchange and can't find the Three Trees house. It was sad, too, because I didn't notice there was a content type filter until I was on page 72 or something like that. By the gods, you're a prolific creator! So, I finally filtered to just lots and still couldn't find it. Could you help me out with a link? I REALLY want to download it.

@Jude525 , So sorry for the delayed response, I have not been getting all of my notifications yet again, it seems a problem with quite a few posters. I just checked my studio and Three Trees is there is does that the dates I built it on in front of it in the title (7 19-21 Three Trees) so that may have hidden it a bit. I have no idea how to link the lot listing, but if you go to my studio press lots then press downloads and it is the second listing down. Hope that helps. :smiley:
    edited November 2017
    Ah, I see my confusion. Since I was originally talking about your more recent build (the one with the solarium) I automatically assumed that was the Three Trees house and was looking for it visually as well as by name. Since the name starts with the build date, I was stymied by both.

So, I found Three Trees, and will check it out. But, I'm also looking for the house several posts up from here with the central solarium and the second floor trellis. Please :) (I'd feel like I was hounding, if it weren't that asking for your work meant that I like it so much.)

And, if I may be so bold. To link the lot listing, which would be handy when posting pics, just open that lot page from your Studio. Highlight the address in the browser address bar and copy it. (For this examply I am using 6 23 Bridge with Sim) Come to your post that you are writing or editing here and when you reach the point in your text that you want the link, click the icon above the grey edit box that looks like two chain links. Paste the address into the drop down box and hit enter.

You will see this.... (I have added some spaces so that you can see it in my post)

[url="ht tps://w ww.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8929534"]ht tps://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8929534[/url]

Once you post the text you and your readers will see this....

https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8929534

A slightly more elegant way, like you see in a lot of posts, is to choose what you want the link to look like. Either the name of the build or a key word. In my posts I have chosen to use the word "link" consistently. To do this, draft your post. In another tab, copy the web address of the build. Highlight your key word or phrase before you click the chain link icon, then paste the web address the same as before. Only now, you will see this......

[url="ht tps://w ww.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8929534"]6 23 Bridge with Sim[/url]

Notice that instead of repeating the web address twice, like the first time, it has replaced the second address with what was highlighted. In this example the build name. And, the active link will look like this....

6 23 Bridge with Sim

Given your vast library of creativity, this is a great way to make your creations even more accessible to your fans. Hope this helps. If you try it and my instructions are foggy, just ask and I'll clarify.
    aka Jude

My Studio

@Jude525 , Thank you for that, I will go through, digest it and hopefully my brain will pick up the gist of it, links would be most useful, I agree. :)

The house with the solarium I haven't listed yet but should get to it very soon (today is about to get very busy unfortunately).

I love that you like my builds so much, I have to have another look at your thread as I haven't peeked for awhile.
    A few more:

This one has a koi pond running under the house.

39948047564_78027da7f1_c.jpg

There is more landscaping now will take pictures soon...

39948047194_ec04e506b3_c.jpg

Was messing with some pixel art in the backyard... ;)

26807640218_e9d2fc03f6_c.jpg

Not sure if I showed this one before will delete it if I did...

25437102967_7d4b68d25d_c.jpg

NOT my build this house is located in Appaloosa I just added to it...

Before:

39407874444_84a086b40f_c.jpg

During: nearly tripled the size I needed 4 bedrooms in a 1 bedroom house.

26283101928_410019f4e2_c.jpg

After:

26297147768_6066eac4c5_c.jpg

(it is relocared in SV now..) more landscaping added.

40024711974_a224d810ee_c.jpg

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    While your building style doesn't fit my play style, I can admire many of the things you're doing in your builds. I think my favorite is the wedding chapel. The black and white contrast gives it a lot of interest, and I particularly like the double roofs with slightly different pitches.

I also like what you're doing with the witch's house. Wish we could see the inside as well. :)

Why did you delete the castle? It looks like it could have been heading towards a very fantasy Cinderella-like castle. It's tricky to work with the various roof pieces, but it looks like it was going well.

Sam and Jillian's place looks like it would be a great party pad. :) I've rarely played that sort of Sim, but it might be fun in that particular house.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The latest homes that you have posted look very nice! :) Very nice design of the exteriors! The balconies and patios looks great! It looks very nice the way the walkways connect the two sections of the home in the first build. It is nice that there is a koi pond in the build, and the cherry blossom tree is very pretty! The flowers lining the edges of the front entrance area look very nice.
    Each of the builds look great! :)
  • blazerntqblazerntq Posts: 2,409 Member
    WOW! You are so good at building. I saw so many awesome builds of yours in this thread that I am tempted to download. Your thread also makes me think about trying to build more. The house that I am most interested in is the witch house. It would be really nice to play a witch and start the witch off with the perfect home.
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Really nice builds. You should show us the interior, sometime.
    edited March 2018
    I've been playing the Witch House for a couple months now. I have to admit I've made a couple changes. Mostly just casual changes as the game progressed. A picture here and there, the wall coverings in the kitchen, personal taste things. I'd never used any of the haunted pictures, and they were fun to discover.

But, I did finally reconstruct the bridge. The Sims weren't using it, opting to walk all the way around the pond every time. It actually took quite a bit of experimentation to find just the right path to stop this behavior. What I ended up with isn't a true bridge, since I didn't do the extra work required to build one once I found the route. So, it has lost that touch of charm.

But, otherwise, my witch Sim and his elf fiance (they still haven't gotten around to the wedding) have been living there happily for many Sim seasons. Studying alchemy and learning spells. Summoning visitors and controlling their behavior. Oh, and they've expanded the garden to be their primary source of income. I'm hoping they can make alchemy their real jobs, but those money trees can really bring in the Simoleans!
    aka Jude

My Studio

Oh, and I think when you've expanded a house as much as you did, you can consider it your own build. *wink*
    aka Jude

My Studio

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    Very nice expansion, and that pixel art could be an adorable addition to a ice cream shop roof.