Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    My Sims dog is guarding the house and when I checked to see what she was growling at the ice cream truck was in her thought bubble.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Don't think this has been posted. Your sim dog will autonomously swim in your fountain or pool! It's so cute to watch.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I did not know that sims could take a university class about the Goths.

yf2zZOC.jpg

It's such a popular class they have to hold it at the stadium! Well, since the Goths are so influential, I should probably play them some day.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
  • Options
    Karritz wrote: »
    Which Goths are they studying?

It doesn't say. Professor's discretion, I'd imagine. But then it's a 302 class, so probably advanced.
  • Options
    SimplyRoyalSimplyRoyal Posts: 174 Member
    @TreyNutz Woah never knew THAT! I can't imagine taking a class about the Goths :anguished: Pretty neat though I say.
    ❀ ✿A best friend is like a four-leaf clover, hard to find, lucky to have.❀ ✿
    <3
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2017
    LOL, I'm going to guess that "Remarks on the Goths 302" is more about the Germanic tribes that helped bring about the fall of the Roman Empire than the closer to modern day sim families with that surname. I don't know much sim history though, there is a connection there as well, right? Something about a Lady Ravendancer Goth?

Although why a Technology major would be taking that class in either case I can't quite understand.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    LOL, I'm going to guess that "Remarks on the Goths 302" is more about the Germanic tribes that helped bring about the fall of the Roman Empire than the closer to modern day sim families with that surname. I don't know much sim history though, there is a connection there as well, right? Something about a Lady Ravendancer Goth?

Although why a Technology major would be taking that class in either case I can't quite understand.

The mystery of Bella Goth's disappearance was always a hot topic on the TS2 BBS. There were tons of fan theories and analyses of where she was (Strangetown) and how she got there. The situation set up in TS2 made everything quite scandalous: Mortimer was old and dating a much younger Dina Caliente who only wanted him for his vast money, Bella had already disappeared, their daughter Cassendra was set up to marry the local womanizer who would almost always leave her at the alter if you played that household.... It was ripe for fan obsession. Goth family is a lot of Sims games, so there's a bit of history there.

I've never heard of the Germanic Goths. They couldn't have been that influential. :p
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I've never heard of the Germanic Goths. They couldn't have been that influential. :p
    Right, those wacky Germanic tribes didn't really do a thing. That's why three-quarters of the world (geographically) goes around still speaking Latin to this day and we are all ruled by an Emperor who lives in Rome. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    There were no Germanic tribes in Sim history or any Franco-Roman empire. You must be talking about some other universe.
  • Options
    There were no Germanic tribes in Sim history or any Franco-Roman empire. You must be talking about some other universe.
    Therefore in the sims' universe, the Greeks are still in power? And you can't tell me there was no Greek Empire either or else the togas my sims wear at Uni parties would just be bed sheets. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    The Gauls took over everything. That's why you can vacation in Paris but not Berlin. :D
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited August 2017
    Did you know that...not every time, but sometimes, when you have a sim view a scarecrow...the scarecrow brings it's arms up and your sim will run away? :D
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »

The mystery of Bella Goth's disappearance was always a hot topic on the TS2 BBS. There were tons of fan theories and analyses of where she was (Strangetown) and how she got there. The situation set up in TS2 made everything quite scandalous: Mortimer was old and dating a much younger Dina Caliente who only wanted him for his vast money, Bella had already disappeared, their daughter Cassendra was set up to marry the local womanizer who would almost always leave her at the alter if you played that household.... It was ripe for fan obsession. Goth family is a lot of Sims games, so there's a bit of history there.

It was the ancient Goths I was thinking about when I asked which Goths. They were a very well know tribe for the ancient Romans. Then there were the visi Goths who were an other lot back then.

And more recently we have a social group called The Goths.

And gothic architecture in the dark ages.

And the Goths in the Sims games.

There are plenty of possibilities.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited August 2017
    Hmmm...the Goths...but are they talking about the Visigoths or the Ostrogoths? Because in the 4th century, the Visigoths became federates of the Roman Empire and the Ostrogoths joined with the Huns. It was only in the 5th century that both Visigoths and Ostrogoths started attacking the Roman Empire. And come to think of it, Gunther has some Ostrogoth features. :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    You are all wrong. It's actually a sociology course, not a history course. The subtitle is The enduring appeal of bleakness and black lipstick It is taught by some writer from the Washington Post. Cornelia gives a guest appearance at mid-term. B)
  • Options
    Got it. It's a science course, from the Entomology branch. Notice that although a Technology major, this student is also taking a Biology course so they naturally go together.

It's just that there was a typo in the course catalog. Whoever prepared it was thinking of something or someone else at the time. The real name of the course is "Remarks on the Moths 302."
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    A technology major that takes two organic science courses? Glutton for punishment.
  • Options
    Major means primary area of study, not exclusive area of study. To be a well rounded Sim, you must explore different areas of education during your educational journey. History, sociology and science are all valid possibilities. As is investigative journalism on the Goth family. Or even a creative writing course about the Gothic movement. Only the sim knows..... ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Science is its own major
    The various Uni departments offer classes that are appropriate for sims in different majors. I bet that's why this one, whatever it is, is being taught in the Annex/Stadium rather than the science building as it would be wildly popular even with the typo in the course catalog.

At least I didn't decide that it must be a culinary course from the Fine Arts department. You know, "Remarks on the Broths."

And would you kindly stop infusing some of these threads with actual facts? Some of us are trying to be frivolous and ridiculous here. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Face-palm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top