Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• clue1234floclue1234flo Posts: 59 Member
    I discovered some cool ways to make easy money in the game without cheating. I enjoy it because it still feels like my sims worked for it. One easy way is to head to the park every day and pick wildflowers. Some of them can be worth decent money, my sim easily made a few thousand dollars in one day off of selling flowers. The only bad side is that it give you small negative moodlet for an hour or so because of allergies or something (can't quite remember).

Another money trick is through life time rewards. If you get 30,000 you can obviously get the Inheritance reward which give your household 30,000 Simoleons or so. Another option is to get the dusty lamp reward which comes with Showtime. You have a variety of wishes (including bringing a deceased loved one back from the dead) one of them being fortune. Each time you wish for it ( you are given three wishes) you get 100,000 Simoleons. I'm not sure if the amount varies but that's how much I've always gotten. And it can be used at least three times and costs the same amount of lifetime happiness points as the Inheritance.
  • WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    If your Sim is about to propose, you can go to their parents and ask permission. I think most people know this already though but it's super cute
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If your Sim is about to propose, you can go to their parents and ask permission. I think most people know this already though but it's super cute
    Not that I would ever put my own sims in such a position and they would just get married anyway, but I've sometimes wondered...do the parents/future in-laws ever refuse?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member

I believe that's from Generations.
    igazor wrote: »
    Not that I would ever put my own sims in such a position and they would just get married anyway, but I've sometimes wondered...do the parents/future in-laws ever refuse?

I haven't seen that happen, but then I usually make sure the LTR between the sim and the prospective in-law is fairly good before asking.
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    I haven't seen that happen, but then I usually make sure the LTR between the sim and the prospective in-law is fairly good before asking.
    I wonder what a good animation for the parents' refusal to give permission might be. Would them running to the nearest toilet to be ill be a bit over the top? :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • sheri19asheri19a Posts: 1,656 Member
    Hi...Does anyone know of a listing of how much objects bought in the store will cost for the sims to buy in-game?
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    If you live near a dock.. or the sea (I'm not really sure which one is the key factor), you hear seagulls in the morning, and they're really LOUD. It's actually driving me nuts now.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    If you live near a dock.. or the sea (I'm not really sure which one is the key factor), you hear seagulls in the morning, and they're really LOUD. It's actually driving me nuts now.

That's from a spawner. If you go into BuyDebug and the spawner is on a lot then you should be able to delete it.
    Karritz wrote: »

That's from a spawner. If you go into BuyDebug and the spawner is on a lot then you should be able to delete it.

Oh wow. I went into debug on that lot before but I didn't really look around (I just got what I wanted and turned it off). Pretty sure there wasn't any of those boxes with the big circles though... maybe something smaller? I'll take a look next time I play that family.
    kwdT9wX.gif

Oh wow. I went into debug on that lot before but I didn't really look around (I just got what I wanted and turned it off). Pretty sure there wasn't any of those boxes with the big circles though... maybe something smaller? I'll take a look next time I play that family.

Look on each level of the lot - like up in the attic as spawners don't have to be placed on the ground. I've read that one of the houses that was a featured object from the store has a spawner in the roof or something similar. It makes seagulls and they are noisy.
    edited July 2017
    Might be a fog emitter? I would think a spawner would produce actual birds that you can talk to and make friends with...not sure that the objects look all that different in Build/Buy Debug though. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited July 2017
    Aren't the emitters that make the seagull noises out in the world actually placed in CAW?

However, I do know that with the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty from the store, that @Karritz mentioned, someone did place an emitter with seagull noises in the attic. It just about drove me bananas until I found it and deleted it with extreme prejudice.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Pary wrote: »
    Aren't the emitters that make the seagull noises out in the world actually placed in CAW?

However, I do know that with the Sandy Shoals Sea Shanty from the store, that @Karritz mentioned, someone did place an emitter with seagull noises in the attic. It just about drove me bananas until I found it and deleted it with extreme prejudice.

I think it depends on if they are in the 'world' at large or on a lot. That's why I said 'if it's on a lot' it might be a spawner but it is probably more likely to be a fog emitter.
    Ah okay, I've not recalled seeing them on a lot before I don't think, so I wasn't sure. That's good to know, at least some of the more silent beaches in some of my worlds can get a "tune up"
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Ah okay, I've not recalled seeing them on a lot before I don't think, so I wasn't sure. That's good to know, at least some of the more silent beaches in some of my worlds can get a "tune up"

I've put fog emitters on lots that I've put onto the exchange. I haven't done much with them but, for example, in the Carnival on the Water lot I put a fog emitter in a fountain so it has rubber duckies floating in it.

This is the lot
    Screenshot-169.jpg

And this is the fountain with the fog emitter.
    RCSeasons00020.jpg

This is another lot where I put some fog emitters - fog and butterflies/moths
    SpookyBakery0005.jpg

I was starting to learn how to put timers on them so they only emit when required.

I've put fog emitters on lots that I've put onto the exchange. I haven't done much with them but, for example, in the Carnival on the Water lot I put a fog emitter in a fountain so it has rubber duckies floating in it.

I went to the lot but couldn't find any emitters or spawners :(. I guess it was included in CAW *sigh*. Your carnival looks lovely... do you have a download link? xD
    kwdT9wX.gif
    I didn't know about the rubber duckie thing ! Every fountain I see is now going to have duckies in it !!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding

I went to the lot but couldn't find any emitters or spawners :(. I guess it was included in CAW *sigh*. Your carnival looks lovely... do you have a download link? xD

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8260473
    @Karritz Thank you! <3
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    I figured out awhile back that whenever I get the notification that [pet name] has decided to become BFF with my Sim, just out of the blue, without any interactions, when she is already BFF with all of them... it means the social worker is coming to take them away, because one of their motives is too low.
    And then I know it's time to exit my game without saving, so I don't lose all my pets.
  • OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    I just noticed, while my Sim was gardening, that it really drains her hygiene motive. I guess digging in the dirt does make you filthy!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I didnt know we can recover a chinese cookie machine to the scrap yard. :open_mouth:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I didnt know we can recover a chinese cookie machine to the scrap yard. :open_mouth:

I get those all the time out of the dumpsters. Didn't know about it showing up at the scrap yard though.
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    edited July 2017
    Well, I never realized until now that a sim mother could simultaneously hold her baby & talk on the cellphone. Then I never knew she could literally carry the baby with her as she climbs down a ladder. ?? How I missed this stuff, I've no clue. Could've sworn I'd tried before to make a sim carry a baby w/ her as she descends a ladder, but it didn't work.... oh well, it's awesome nonetheless. (and they act like ts4 is the only sims game w/ so-called multi-tasking)
    edited July 2017
    For those who are interested, from one of my colleagues at NRaas:
    https://simsarahsarah.tumblr.com/post/138417032267/auto-sit-watch-tv-holding-babytoddler-tuning :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top