Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• MR2021MR2021 Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2022
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I didn't know that a brave child would refuse her parent's offer of protection from monsters under the bed. But she wouldn't sleep in her bed either. The sleep, nap, and relax options were greyed out, and there was a message that said, "Are you kidding?! Jade Browning isn't going anywhere near that bed."

ShckObs.jpg

This was also only the second time I have seen the clawed tentacle coming out from under the bed. Usually, it's glowing eyes looking out. At least the brave child didn't wet herself as she ran out of the room, like the first child did. She didn't scream either.

Isn't there some sort of lamp to ward off the monsters under the bed in The Sims 3 the same way it happens in The Sims 4? Or another object?

Maybe I haven't played with my children Sims long enough, but my Sims couple had three children and I don't recall a monster appearing under their beds not even once.
    "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory … The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!" Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    MR2021 wrote: »

Isn't there some sort of lamp to ward off the monsters under the bed in The Sims 3 the same way it happens in The Sims 4? Or another object?

Maybe I haven't played with my children Sims long enough, but my Sims couple had three children and I don't recall a monster appearing under their beds not even once.

I don't think there is. But I don't mind that. I play on low free will, so she would never have done it on her own. I think it's kind of fun, but I wasn't expecting it to happen the way it did. I might still have her do it again, just to add a little excitement to my sims' lives. LOL. She got enough sleep, in spite of spending the first couple of hours of the night napping on the loveseat.

IreneSwift wrote: »

I don't think there is. But I don't mind that. I play on low free will, so she would never have done it on her own. I think it's kind of fun, but I wasn't expecting it to happen the way it did. I might still have her do it again, just to add a little excitement to my sims' lives. LOL. She got enough sleep, in spite of spending the first couple of hours of the night napping on the loveseat.

I know you for quite some time now, and you're probably one of the most patient people I know hahaha As soon as something annoying happens in my game (not only The Sims), I rush to solve, work around, or minimize the problem.
    Anyway, I'm just posting this comment to say that I love the pattern and the colors you chose for the blanket and how it matches the curtains! I'm very fond of patterns with flowers.
    "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory … The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!" Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @MR2021 Thank you. That is actually a CC pattern on the bed. I like to make bedroom curtains match the bedspreads.

As for being patient, yeah, I am, but not always. I don't like my sims dying of anything except old age, or burglars getting away with stealing something and escaping. So I will go back to the last save and start the day over if either of those things happens.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I didn't know that werewolves will howl at things. OOO Woo!
    :) Smile!

• wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    When you search for fairies in the Arboretum, there's a chance that you'll be offered an opportunity to become a fairy. You need to collect a Bloodstone, Moonstone, Sunstone and Yellow Sapphire and take them to the Arboretum.

Helpfully, the location of the stones are visible in map view.
    The opportunity actually says "Yellow gem", but Yellow Sapphires are marked in map view.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    Today I watched 2 different hungry toddler fairies with access to a fairy house spin into their tiny fairy form and enter the fairy house to drink pollen punch.

A few years ago I had a human sim married to a fairy and she was in the fairy house waiting for him to woohoo. I was stunned when he spun into it to be with her.
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    I've just discovered that if you have WA, teen Sims can travel unaccompanied (at least if you also have NRAAS Traveller installed; I didn't try it prior to this). Not only that, if they travel to France, they can buy and drink nectar.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    The gem-cutting machine is very useful, and also very noisy. So noisy, in fact, that it will wake sleeping Sims.
    gvhARhZ.jpg
    The gem-cutting machine is very useful, and also very noisy. So noisy, in fact, that it will wake sleeping Sims.
    gvhARhZ.jpg

I found a mod that stops it from upsetting other sims. I'll see if I can find out its name and let you know if you'd like to try it. After a while all the complaining sims gets a bit tiresome.
    gvhARhZ.jpg
    Karritz wrote: »
    I found a mod that stops it from upsetting other sims. I'll see if I can find out its name and let you know if you'd like to try it. After a while all the complaining sims gets a bit tiresome.

Maybe this is the mod Karritz is referring to: https://modthesims.info/d/499665/less-reaction-to-gem-cutter.html
    I don't know if there is another, but this is the only one I found. I hope it works.
    MR2021 wrote: »
    gvhARhZ.jpg
    Karritz wrote: »

Maybe this is the mod Karritz is referring to: https://modthesims.info/d/499665/less-reaction-to-gem-cutter.html
    I don't know if there is another, but this is the only one I found. I hope it works.

I'm sorry, I forgot all about it. That is the mod. I just checked. I got the version with Everything at the end of its name.

MlleKohaku_LessGemCuttingReaction_Everything

It seems to work well for me.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    Clicking on the window while it's raining gives the prompt "look at weather." I'm assuming this will also show up for hail and snow.

Someone probably mentioned this before but I just now found about this.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited March 2022
    I can't believe I never saw this until recently, but viewing a work of art can give a sim an "Inspired" moodlet. I think it was +10 and lasted for four hours. I only even saw it because sim A wanted to visit the museum in France, and sim B was sent along as well but didn't have anything else to do while there.

Neither sim had the painting skill or any artistic traits either.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I just found out that in Create A Style in build/buy mode, there are some "bumps" that say Grab Preset and if you grab those, you can drag those colors and apply them to something else.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @igazor I have not been here ever, but today I decided and found some amazing things that the sims can do. like fishing from a boat. LOL and cats catching fish. the thing I want to know are all the post on sims 3 you didn't know are they in the game without mods. or are these things with mods. I was hoping they are from the Sims 3 game and not mods.
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2022
    Here's another one - the Group Science Project is addictive. If you get one on your lot (by having one of the sims in your household max out their Science skill), all of your household members from Teen on up will use it compulsively unless you actively make them do something else. Which makes it very easy to raise a new generation of scientists and doctors, but it can cause problems if they stay up all night on the thing when they have work in the morning.
    Post edited by Nitroglycol on
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    @evalen, fishing from boats came with the Island Paradise pack...😀

@lisasc360 wow and I did not know, as I have Island Paradise when it first came out. I need to check on more things, thanks for your input
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Also, you can only fish from the rowboat and the sailboat.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275 Thanks because I love my sims to fish. I will try it out. the rowboat only, my sim will be buying a rowboat very soon, LOL.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,280 Member

You're welcome @Evalen... :) You can also fish from houseboats as well.
    While you're out fishing or sailing just be careful if the Krakan as his tentacles will come out of the water and drag your boat underwater.
    https://youtu.be/u7Um5aRWaSg
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    You're welcome @Evalen... :) You can also fish from houseboats as well.
    While you're out fishing or sailing just be careful if the Krakan as his tentacles will come out of the water and drag your boat underwater.
    https://youtu.be/u7Um5aRWaSg

One time my sims had a fight with Karakan and I was holding my breath, I thought sure my sim was a goner but he lived.
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited March 2022
    In the middle of the night, I noticed some of the household across the road come out and head off in a black bus.
    I did some research and learned that that this is the Tour Bus and it's a perk for level 6-9 in the Rock Star Branch of the Music career.
    Tour-Bus.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top