Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    When it's winter time in the game you can see footprints in the snow. Also that a bicycle has a little light on it!
    :) Smile!

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited June 2017
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    When it's winter time in the game you can see footprints in the snow. Also that a bicycle has a little light on it!

Bicycles have a little tail light too. I was having a few minutes of fun watching the bicycle tail lights in Shang Simla recently.

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I didn't know elders could play tag!

Was watching my inventor sim explore a hole she dug at the dog park when all of a sudden two elders show up and start playing tag! It was hilarious! I didn't even know that was possible for them to do that! I wonder if they have some traits that allow for that..

I heard some laughing and giggling.. 19424461_10101212137998430_4103076275861636039_n.jpg?oh=eca9024d8b70dbcc808e8d787ed9d23e&oe=59E26193

And then he caught up! LOL!
    19398992_10101212137993440_3295772131803744660_n.jpg?oh=d0f6bf1615b301254b0aa9ab8227ea70&oe=59DB1169
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    I didn't know elders could play tag!
    Was watching my inventor sim explore a hole she dug at the dog park when all of a sudden two elders show up and start playing tag! It was hilarious! I didn't even know that was possible for them to do that! I wonder if they have some traits that allow for that..

Childish allows Teens, YAs, Adults, and Elders do to things like that.
  • Options
    Jerry4Jerry4 Posts: 32 Member
    Something that i didn't know about TS3 is that in the University Life expansion you can die by shaking the vending machine causing it to fall on you. Learned that the hard way I did.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    @JoAnne65 A corner is far more than enough space. I'm talking about cases like this:
    92yH85T.jpg
    where the Sim just cannot lie down on the floor because it's entirely blocked (yes, that's actually walls. I really was getting annoyed by her survival skills at that point :D )

Another Did You Know:
    Did you know that if a Sim goes into labour, you can select another Sim in the household and they'll have the option to accompany them to the hospital? You need to choose the other Sim, and just left-click on the pregnant one.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Another Did You Know:
    Did you know that if a Sim goes into labour, you can select another Sim in the household and they'll have the option to accompany them to the hospital? You need to choose the other Sim, and just left-click on the pregnant one.
    Yes, and if they live in a big city (like Bridgeport) and don't own a car, the sim in labor and the one supposedly accompanying them will ride their bicycles to the subway station, take the subway, then possibly bicycles or a cab on the other end if the hospital doesn't have its own station. Not sure that would be my first choice for routing in such a situation. :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Pancakesandwich oh, lol, I see :D Better not bring your sim in such a situation. How did she get there?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Did you know IFs have custom outfits in CAS when you turn them into sims? I thought it was so cute when I was picking outfits for my teen IF turned Sim that she had a pleated skirt and sweater set with a nod to the star pattern she had as a toy. Then as a YA she also has an outfit just to show her toy nature. I always select it for one of her everyday outfits. Very nice touch.
  • Options
    rosethesimmerrosethesimmer Posts: 109 Member
    > @GITTE2001 said:
    > If your sims doesn't have to got to work on normal work days (pregnancy leave and those things) they can ask how it is at work, and if there's any stuff going on they can work on those problems at work via their pc! Just discovered this 5 minutes ago.

That's so cool! I can't wait to test it out in my own sims game.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @Pancakesandwich oh, lol, I see :D Better not bring your sim in such a situation. How did she get there?

@JoAnne65 I wanted to make a haunted mansion, and I don't like using cheats to kill Sims. But the girl in the picture always managed to walk around the table barriers, just resume cooking, or extinguish the fire if she was able to stand.
    So after the third failed attempt at killing her I decided to just place her on a bench, which would be encased in walls so she couldn't get up to do anything. Unfortunately, this "anything" included dying :D
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Pancakesandwich And as a revenge for this terrible treatment, she still didn't die >:):D This is a haunting story indeed ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    edited June 2017
    Another Did You Know:

And that also works on NPC sims, you can click on them to "take to hospital".
    Also, if you don't want your sim to actually go to the hospital, you just want to get the travailing NPC off the lot, you can cancel your sim's "meet up" actions & the NPC will still carry on to the hospital.
    And after the NPC has her baby, your sim will still get a "new baby" moodlet, even tho the baby is not theirs, not in their household, and they weren't even present for the birth!

That was an accidental discovery for me!
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    KekwowKekwow Posts: 1 New Member
    Why cant i flatten Terrain on sims 3 pets xbox 360
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited July 2017
    When you are trying to get the woodgrain or whatever to match your kitchen onto your appliances - case in point...the garburator (waste disposal system for all ya'll Americans)...etc. in CAS...you can click and drag the sample color (eg kitchen cabinets) onto the object that you are trying to match to the counters and voila, instantaneous match; no more hunting for the exact match in the menu. Now why the tarnation did it take me this long to figure that out? :D:mrgreen: Oh...yeah. now I remember why...I'm a techno-troglodyte...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    I learnt this a couple of days ago: In Build & Buy mode, you can place a stuffed teddy bear in the crib with the toddler! I also learnt that if a toddler or child has a stuffed bear in the inventory, they get a "Cuddle Time" Moodlet! (Well, all this for console as far as I know... But PC is usually better than console...
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I just learned that if a teen is grounded and they still sneak out of the house, they can get a privilege revoked. My teen was grounded from watching tv!

I mainly learned this because of the lame grounding system. My teen was grounded for being out after curfew and not allowed to leave the house for two days. So she had to sneak out while her mom was sleeping, just so she could go to school. I know there's a mod that will fix this, but I've never bothered with it. My teens hardly ever get in trouble so it's not a big deal.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    @Minx11 Childish teens/adults can get the moodlet too, with a teddy bear in their inventory. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Minx11 wrote: »
    I learnt this a couple of days ago: In Build & Buy mode, you can place a stuffed teddy bear in the crib with the toddler! I also learnt that if a toddler or child has a stuffed bear in the inventory, they get a "Cuddle Time" Moodlet! (Well, all this for console as far as I know... But PC is usually better than console...

Even works if a childish SIm of another age has a teddy in their inventory while sleeping :)
    KATENESS wrote: »
    This is an oldie but a goodie, in case anyone hasn't figured it out accidentally yet:

You can just click on the moodlet to take care of your sim's needs. Like if they have the "hungry" moodlet and there's a fridge around, they'll go find something to eat if you click on the moodlet. :)

I noticed it before, but somehow never thought of posting it here. So it's nice that you did :D

• Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    This thread is great! I've been trying to read all the posts because there's so much I didn't know. I found out something yesterday that I didn't see posted. If someone has already, I apologize. :)
    I recently installed Showtime and was playing a sim to test it out. My sim had an option to ask another sim (boyfriend?) to "be protected". I don't think this option came with Showtime because I'm pretty sure I've seen it before. I just never gave it a second thought. Well, at some point, my sim gets into an argument with another sim and gets slapped! :D I either clicked on my sim or her phone and had the option to "call protector"!
    I didn't click on that option, but I wish I would have to see what happens! I thought that was neat!
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    I JUST discovered the little arrow on things in Sims' inventory so that you can move multiples/all of one item. And all this time I was moving each tomato one at a time into the fridge! Seriously cuts down on time.
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    You sim can get hayfever from picking too many wild flowers in spring.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    If your sim visits the past with the Time Machine from Ambitions, there's a chance a random sim in the household will get a new career. I knew that from the wiki. In my current game I started sending 2 sims to the past and future repeatedly trying to get children that way (also by TFB in the past). So far 3 kids have shown up: one child, one teen, one YA. Anyways, on the last trip to the past my sim came back with his career changed. He had been in Business at level 10, now he's in Science level 10.

What I didn't know was that he'd get the level 10 Science perk, the ability to Experiment on household objects and give them random moodlets, from the switch. It just never occurred to me that a change in career from the time machine would give my sim a career perk. I wonder if it would give an object too, like the Culinary career fridge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top