Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited April 2021
    If you send your plumbot out to harvest the hive, he/she won't get stung. That's if you want to be kind to your sims.

Me, I'm a sadistic jerk of a Watcher who likes to watch his sims (male that is) suffer.

The other thing is that your plumbot will never drink the honey, whereas if you don't watch your sims hunger level carefully; they'll eat or drink whatever is in their inventory to take care of their hunger needs (honey being one of those things - not Honey Darnell...nobody drinks off her unless they're a vampire).
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sims can read a book while laying down relaxing in a beach towel anywhere where you can find sand (i found out about this while my sim was in a vacation in Egypt.
  • Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member

When using the Carter's XL Display Case to make nectar, there sure seems to be a penalty for going too far over 100k material value. I used to be lazy about it and place 3 tiberium on the case then fill the rest with trash, sometimes resulting in a material cost of 110-120k. This could often enough result in a bottle of much lower value that than cost, one being as low as 70k. Since I had a large cache of gems and ores stored, this time I got out a calculator and was careful not to go far over 100k. I was $8 over at the most. The result was no bottles lower than cost and usually between 108k - 124k. There was one freak bottle worth 134k. This was a great way to condense all that 'wealth' in collectables that Callum had gathered into something useful and easily stored. The bottles are going to grow in value and what cool family heirlooms :) .

There was a variable I did not see. It is the lifetime reward 'Learned Relic Hunter' that will consistently produce bottles over 100k in value (assuming you placed items on the case worth at least 100k.)

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I didn't know that following up with patients in the medical career gives your sim a small performance boost. And I've played the game for over 10 years!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    I didn't know that using fairy dust in someone will make him able to fly for some hours.
  • LilynWolfLilynWolf Posts: 30 Member
    Some fun things I've discovered recently:

1. The Marshall family in Appaloosa Plains has a horse urn on their property that they for some reason keep in the nursery. It's quite entertaining to see this ghost come out because it's a horse wandering around the second floor of a house.

2. Horses can eat the newspaper.

3. Sims can eat wolfsbane flowers and the typically inedible mushrooms (maybe red valerian and mandrake as well? I haven't tested that) if they roast them on a fire pit first.

4. The ice cream truck is a pets expansion feature. When I first got Sims 3, I got a base game + pets bundle so I've always just had it there and never questioned it lol
    edited April 2021
    I didn't know that there was a miner (my sim bought it at the consignment store)... my sim found gold with it.

zaSpRGM.jpg

WT9zCQD.jpg
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2021
    @LilynWolf I've played the Marshalls and never noticed the urn... I'll have to remember that.

@texxx78 Whoa that's cool that you found that at the Consignment Store - you can invent it with the Inventing skill at a high level too.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    edited April 2021
    @LilynWolf I've played the Marshalls and never noticed the urn... I'll have to remember that.

@texxx78 Whoa that's cool that you found that at the Consignment Store - you can invent it with the Inventing skill at a high level too.

Oh i didn't know that @rubyskywalker thanks for mentioning. I think the miner is so funny and useful. My sims can find gems and rocks without having to look for them in the map and after they mine a few times in one spot they can fill the hole. Super cool and i have never even noticed that it existed...
  • CoriandreCoriandre Posts: 90 Member
    To see something unexpected, try using the miner on the police station lot........
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

Oh i didn't know that @rubyskywalker thanks for mentioning. I think the miner is so funny and useful. My sims can find gems and rocks without having to look for them in the map and after they mine a few times in one spot they can fill the hole. Super cool and i have never even noticed that it existed...

I didn't know your sims could mine in the same spot once there was a hole there. Did you know that sims can explore in some of the holes? And if they make holes in other locations, they can travel through them from one hole to another.
    Coriandre wrote: »
    To see something unexpected, try using the miner on the police station lot........

Uhhhh i'm gonna do that. Super curious...
    IreneSwift wrote: »

I didn't know your sims could mine in the same spot once there was a hole there. Did you know that sims can explore in some of the holes? And if they make holes in other locations, they can travel through them from one hole to another.

Travel from one hole to another?? Wow! I have to try that!!
    My sim has digged around 3 times in the same hole until a notification said that i should look for other place to mine because that hole was ehxausted.
    My sim has explored a hole but nothing happened... Has something happened when you tried?
    I love how deep everything is in sims 3!
    edited May 2021

Travel from one hole to another?? Wow! I have to try that!!
    My sim has digged around 3 times in the same hole until a notification said that i should look for other place to mine because that hole was ehxausted.
    My sim has explored a hole but nothing happened... Has something happened when you tried?
    I love how deep everything is in sims 3!

Yes, every time one of my sims explores a hole, they have all kinds of adventures, and sometimes bring things back. The adventures are described in notifications in the upper right corner of the screen. I've never actually had any of my sims dig holes in other locations besides their own yards, but I know it can be done. I read it, either in notifications when my sims into an underground cave, or somewhere else.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2021
    It wasn't until last night, that I realized that you could get stuck in build/buy mode when architecting homes. I was trying to finish up a client's interior design, when my game started to glitch by twitching in between modes. The next thing I know is that I'm stuck in tab mode and I couldn't really get out. I had to force exit since I couldn't click on anything, unless I tried getting on through map's view, which I couldn't because of the non-stopping loading screen.

It's a good thing I saved, lol.
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    Kinda trivial compared to some of these discoveries, but I just installed Showtime recently so I didn't know till now that sims with the Natural Born Performer trait will "shower with flair".
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited May 2021
    There's a comic book you can read that specifically mentions the superhero Ratticator suit from the Sims 2 DS game.
    Bumiwdn.png
    This badboy in question.
    ArM8FGs.png

Didn't know about the little reference until now, hopefully theres a GBA version reference.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Kasimka2002Kasimka2002 Posts: 7 New Member
    If your Sim has a very good relationship with their pet, the pet can save their life by confronting the Grim Reaper.
    That happened to me once, the next sim day my saved Sim read about their own death in a newspaper.
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    When sims get to level 3 of the Piano skill, they learn several familiar traditional tunes, including "I've Been Working On The Railroad" (odd given the absence of railways in the game), "Rock-A-Bye-Baby", "Oh Susanna", and "Three Blind Mice". Also there's a tune which I presume was composed for the game but which sounds like a cross between John Lennon's "Imagine" and Tom Waits' "Old 55".
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    including "I've Been Working On The Railroad" (odd given the absence of railways in the game)
    I guess "I've Been Busking on the Subway" doesn't have quite the same ring to it? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    including "I've Been Working On The Railroad" (odd given the absence of railways in the game)
    I guess "I've Been Busking on the Subway" doesn't have quite the same ring to it? :)

"I've been busking on the sub-way...all the live-long day...
    recycled air surrounds me while I pass my time away...
    Don't you hear the pedestrians cursing,
    While mindless drivers make a fuss.
    Stuck here down in the subway...
    At least I won't get hit by a bus
    ." :mrgreen:

Bugs.png?format=1500w

Yeah, probably not.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    igazor wrote: »

"I've been busking on the sub-way...all the live-long day...
    recycled air surrounds me while I pass my time away...
    Don't you hear the pedestrians cursing,
    While mindless drivers make a fuss.
    Stuck here down in the subway...
    At least I won't get hit by a bus
    ." :mrgreen:

Bugs.png?format=1500w

Yeah, probably not.

That made me laugh! Lol
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • AnisEB97AnisEB97 Posts: 21 Member
    Evil sims get the "fiendishly delighted" moodlet at work from co-workers with low needs even if they haven't outside of work.
    Actually, there is a train in the game, but it's not something your sims can ride on, or even go near. It's a world object from a fog emitter. It runs along its track in the distance beyond where your sims can go, and disappears into a tunnel. There's one in France. I'm sure I've seen one somewhere else too, but I can't remember where.
  • KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    When sims get to level 3 of the Piano skill, they learn several familiar traditional tunes, including "I've Been Working On The Railroad" (odd given the absence of railways in the game), "Rock-A-Bye-Baby", "Oh Susanna", and "Three Blind Mice". Also there's a tune which I presume was composed for the game but which sounds like a cross between John Lennon's "Imagine" and Tom Waits' "Old 55".

There are many abandoned railroads in Twinbrook. Some abandoned wagons too.

..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top