Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    118471646_630672321190357_3414118001072514880_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=_ZMP0LJVz7oAX81gGrc&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=b22218a9977ec4f2a7db6888b2135531&oe=5F7435BD

I didn't know sims could go fishing in a boat! I love it.Just got a new gaming desktop and was testing out different stuff and accidentally stumbled upon it.

While I'm on the subject, I didn't know under the in-game frame rate thing, we had two options
    1-D930060-8423-47-C1-8-AD6-151-AC211062-C.jpg
    I always thought it was 60 FPS don't ever recall 75.I don't use that anyways, was just fiddling around with stuff.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    While I'm on the subject, I didn't know under the in-game frame rate thing, we had two options
    I always thought it was 60 FPS don't ever recall 75.I don't use that anyways, was just fiddling around with stuff.
    The choices one gets there, and whether there actually are any choices, will depend on one's monitor and whether one is playing in full screen mode. But that option doesn't serve to cap the frame rates at those values; if it was ever meant to, it just doesn't work.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I keep forgetting to mention though I'm sure it's on here somewhere I did find another thing I really never knew, when using the create a style I think it's called if you change the colors and decide you want to recolor another object you can drag the square with the color you want to that item. Which pops up another little window so you can decide which slot it goes in.

You can also drag the whole style onto a new object, and therefore transfer all the color channels at the same time, without having to assign them individually. This is particularly useful for when you want to recolor a large number of objects without having to buy new ones or save the style. Just drag the little tab with dots on it, on the left side of the color channel pop-up.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I keep forgetting to mention though I'm sure it's on here somewhere I did find another thing I really never knew, when using the create a style I think it's called if you change the colors and decide you want to recolor another object you can drag the square with the color you want to that item. Which pops up another little window so you can decide which slot it goes in.

You can also drag the whole style onto a new object, and therefore transfer all the color channels at the same time, without having to assign them individually. This is particularly useful for when you want to recolor a large number of objects without having to buy new ones or save the style. Just drag the little tab with dots on it, on the left side of the color channel pop-up.

It took me a long, long time to discover those options. For so long, I struggled to match colors using the color wheel.
    if it was ever meant to, it just doesn't work.

That's why I never bother with it.I use nvidia profile inspector, as that's the only thing that caps it.Even the global settings don't work
    for me.

I also didn't realize that until about 4 or 5 months ago.Very helpful when recoloring a boat load of stuff.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    I've never had dragon valley I didn't know sims would just steal your dragons..the nerve of some people that's my queue to go to bed.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    I'I didn't know sims would just steal your dragons
    I believe the way to prevent that is to give the dragon a name.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    they stole him after I named him, except the egg I had just placed it and was gonna move it and gone it's okay I'm going to drown them both.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    they stole him after I named him, except the egg I had just placed it and was gonna move it and gone it's okay I'm going to drown them both.
    Oh sorry, perhaps you meant the dragons and eggs are being stolen by burglars or sims with the Kleptomania trait? The naming solution I offered was meant to prevent sims from picking up our baby dragons to play with them (which, if the other sim is a guest or a friend I would have no problem with) and then "accidentally" walking off with them.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited September 2020
    @RedDestiny92 - Sims steal! If it's not tied down, some Sims will steal it. And, not just those with the klepto trait!

In my game, neighbor's have stolen my Sim's car, my Sim's bike (from school), food, various town objects, toys I place in the park for toddlers and children (or childish adults). Even my own active non-klepto Sims have stolen books from the library! Heck, once Boyd Wainwright (SV) walked off with a kid that wasn't his (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967339/homeless-sim-abandons-child-to-active-household#latest)!

And the worst part is you can't even call the cops on these thieves when it is witnessed otherwise you'll get hit with a 500 simoleon fine for making a 'false' call'.

Sorry about your dragon egg.
    @igazor oh that's alright dear I know you were trying to help I was just remembering how it went, it happened right after his name I think it was in mid name and finishing was too late cause she picked him right up and ran as for the other one the egg didn't stand a chance. Maybe leaving and picking it up collided but still they will be harshly punished lol.
    @mw1234 that's funny and awful, I wish you could report them but cops be greedy here, oh gosh the child though I didn't know that could happened, see right back on track lol. No but that's the worse I had Don thinking he may need to liberate his neighbors baby cause they leave him on the ground at home and drop him wherever when they go out for errands and they are the only parents I have that do that. It's okay maybe Goliath 2 and unborn hatchling 2 will have better luck.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    @Naus Thanks for the lovely mod! I will download it this evening just before getting into the game. :D
    I have another tip. I found this only last year. If you have your toddler sim read the toddler books in library lot, reading speed is incredibly fast. My toddlers were able to finish all 10 books in a couple of hours in the library. :D
    @Jeansoo - Reading skill books in a library is faster and speeds up skills gains for any sim. The reason it does this so dramatically for the toddler books is that they are of varying lengths -- the first one in each series is very short and it's only each third one that is pretty long.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    igazor wrote: »
    @Jeansoo - Reading skill books in a library is faster and speeds up skills gains for any sim. The reason it does this so dramatically for the toddler books is that they are of varying lengths -- the first one in each series is very short and it's only each third one that is pretty long.
    Yeah but I feel like much faster than adult sims though. LOL Because it takes ages to complete only one toddler book at home.

• KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Here's what I learned today that I didn't know:

I was just about to ask this question, but I managed to solve it on my own, so I'm posting for others that might have this issue.

I was setting up one of my games for a wedding photo shoot, as I had put it off "until I had more time" and suddenly its been two months. Anyway, the bride is an adult and the groom is a young adult, and since there's magic in this world, she wanted to be younger than her husband and use a fountain of youth elixir. But the elixir in her inventory could not be used on self. I gave it to another sim and that sim could not use the potion on her, either. So I set it on the floor and tried, and still nothing, but the other sims could use it. I was getting frustrated about why she couldn't use the potion, and was about to resort to editing her in CAS. There was no helpful text except "cannot use this elixir on self."
    I started searching the forums, and found there is also a potion that does the same thing available from the lifetime points category, but didn't see anyone else have this issue. She had the 70,000 points so I bought one and tried that. Suddenly it became clear, as this potion's hints said "this potion cannot be used on a pregnant sim." OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! Well that explains a lot, LOL. These two had been busy behind my back and having fun on their own. :D She hadn't started puking yet nor gotten any notice so I had no idea.
    So if one of your sims suddenly can't do something or use something, check if they're pregnant.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I just noticed that when your Sims doesnt have personal vehicles and they asked someone to hangout to specific lot, the friend will drive with his own car and you can hitch a ride with them instead of your Sims calling a taxi with them, I always thought whoever invited someone to go out will always be the leader.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    Here's what I learned today that I didn't know:

I was just about to ask this question, but I managed to solve it on my own, so I'm posting for others that might have this issue.

I was setting up one of my games for a wedding photo shoot, as I had put it off "until I had more time" and suddenly its been two months. Anyway, the bride is an adult and the groom is a young adult, and since there's magic in this world, she wanted to be younger than her husband and use a fountain of youth elixir. But the elixir in her inventory could not be used on self. I gave it to another sim and that sim could not use the potion on her, either. So I set it on the floor and tried, and still nothing, but the other sims could use it. I was getting frustrated about why she couldn't use the potion, and was about to resort to editing her in CAS. There was no helpful text except "cannot use this elixir on self."
    I started searching the forums, and found there is also a potion that does the same thing available from the lifetime points category, but didn't see anyone else have this issue. She had the 70,000 points so I bought one and tried that. Suddenly it became clear, as this potion's hints said "this potion cannot be used on a pregnant sim." OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! Well that explains a lot, LOL. These two had been busy behind my back and having fun on their own. :D She hadn't started puking yet nor gotten any notice so I had no idea.
    So if one of your sims suddenly can't do something or use something, check if they're pregnant.

@KevinL5275 LOL! Good to know. 👍😃
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    1. if the picnic basket is left unattended, there will be ants stealing the food
    2. if fairy sims trying to play trick on witch, the witch will deflect the trick most of the time.
    Post edited by izecson on
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • CoolBlueJay902CoolBlueJay902 Posts: 491 Member
    I didn't know that you could put a toy in the crib. It goes into the spot where the teddy bear usually is placed, which is a pretty neat find.
    edited October 2020
    I didn't know that you could put a toy in the crib. It goes into the spot where the teddy bear usually is placed, which is a pretty neat find.

And this would be why the runaway teddy bear problem has reached epic proportions. All those poor teddies thinking they are no longer loved or needed, having been replaced by a mere toy, as they tearfully pack up their things and march off to join the military so they can feel useful again or form street gangs with other displaced bears. :'(
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    ...or they start taking over benches and cafe chairs.
    teddy-bears.jpg
    Love your teddy bears or they'll turn into delinquents. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

Oh wow that sounds adorable. I will definitely be trying this next time my sim has a toddler.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    I didn't know until recently that an elder sim with a cane could "harass world," which is kind of perfect.

I mentioned this to my dad, who uses a cane, and he thought it was hilarious, and also wondered if that meant he was allowed to do it too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top