Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I didn't know the Spectrum Mood Lamp could have permanent effects. My sim had the purple light on during night, and now he looks like this.
    7aUVq1R.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    I didn't know the Spectrum Mood Lamp could have permanent effects. My sim had the purple light on during night, and now he looks like this.
    It looks good on him, but he might want to seek out the services of the nearest high level Ambitions stylist. I'm not so sure about the green-purple color combo, there might be some better shirt CASting choices. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    Oh, you don't think purple and green looks snazzy :smiley: ? Well, there's also his career outfit:
    KqWoLx1.jpg

I'll see whether I can get rid of it by switching the lamp on and off again while he is active. Next thing would be killing the moodlet with MC.
  • shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    I was just messing about to check some moodlets in some random game, so I had a dog pee on the owner. (An adopted dog in the Landgraab family house) and....mr. Landgraab himself got peeded on. I was expecting being able to praise/scold the dog, but you know what?

He just laughed after being peed on. He did a sort of snort and then just laughed it away! One of his trait is "good sense of humour"

How precious!
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Today I learned that other sims can invite my sim to move in with them! I have heard of this but it was the first time I experienced it.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Last night, I discovered that sim parents can invite over your child sim to play with their child(ren).

XCeJZUy.jpg
    I exited out of that, so I'm not sure which way they meant - that my sim's child goes to their house or that sim's child comes over to my sim's house.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Today i learned that my sims can do laundry.
  • ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

lmao
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    ej_4_sims wrote: »

lmao

Haha i know right?
    I've started a save in Twinbrook for the first time and almost all houses have washing and drying machine. I didn't know that 🤦‍♀️
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member

lmao

Haha i know right?
    I've started a save in Twinbrook for the first time and almost all houses have washing and drying machine. I didn't know that 🤦‍♀️

Be sure to put a laundry basket in every room or you'll have discarded clothing all over the place. Haven't played Twinbrook in a long time - think I'll have to start a new save... Not overly fond of the houses or the pre-mades but I love the swampy, foggy look of it.
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I found out that you can save the outfits in CAS that you made for your sims.
    :) Smile!

Surreal wrote: »

lmao

Haha i know right?

Be sure to put a laundry basket in every room or you'll have discarded clothing all over the place. Haven't played Twinbrook in a long time - think I'll have to start a new save... Not overly fond of the houses or the pre-mades but I love the swampy, foggy look of it.

There are mods that help with that. One I think is called a "super hamper" which should collect all discarded clothes on the entire lot.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    igazor wrote: »

@Igazor ^Awesome! :smiley: Bookmarked that!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • DahliaWDahliaW Posts: 20 Member
    I didn't know it rly can happen that you die but your pets save you :open_mouth:
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Last night, I discovered that sim parents can invite over your child sim to play with their child(ren).

XCeJZUy.jpg
    I exited out of that, so I'm not sure which way they meant - that my sim's child goes to their house or that sim's child comes over to my sim's house.

They will bring their child to your sims' house, and the parent will stay too. So they pretty much disrupt the whole family's plans for the day.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Thanks for the link! Now I can use one hamper, right?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @HillyBeth Yes, one hamper per house is enough. I use the "bottomless" kind. I think that one fits 2000 pieces.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    They will bring their child to your sims' house, and the parent will stay too. So they pretty much disrupt the whole family's plans for the day.

Thanks! Yeah, kind of seems like a disruption to the plans for my family since I kind of don't like it when children come over after school to my sim's house.
    @HillyBeth Yes, one hamper per house is enough. I use the "bottomless" kind. I think that one fits 2000 pieces.

I love it! Now I can put the hamper in the laundry room without needing one for every room!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited February 2020
    I recently discovered that if your sim orders a Crazy mood drink at a bar, they'll get a 'Going wild' moodlet and 3 of their traits will be temporarily replaced with Insane, Party Animal and Daredevil.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »

I love it! Now I can put the hamper in the laundry room without needing one for every room!

That works if you don't mind having piles of dirty laundry littering your house until the hamper collects it once every sim hour. I still prefer to have hampers in all of the bedrooms and bathrooms. You only need one of NonaMena's regardless.
  • jessica645739jessica645739 Posts: 45 Member
    That you can go by car with a bird XD
    Lo1lCpQ.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,404 Member
    That you can go by car with a bird XD
    Lo1lCpQ.jpg

On occasion some birds will do that in real life too
    b8a8e8655ca9ce9d5ba5cc8ed2e7de67.jpg
    https://lostcoastoutpost.com/2018/nov/29/injured-bald-eagle-takes-ride-back-squad-car-after/
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    It's been so long since I had a toddler in my game that I forgot they could read toddler books on their own once they've read them with an older sim. Here's Maeve reading with Mama, and later on her own.
    49539599913_01765f8649_h.jpg
    49540096281_9e0261a077_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top