Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited March 2019
    Someone mentioned, either here or elsewhere, that tiberium cut in other shapes would grow into the large spire-cut form. I just found out in my game that it doesn't need to be cut at all. My sim was sick from having uncut tiberium in her household inventory, which had never happened before, so the only thing I could think of to do to fix the problem was to put it in the yard. I was quite surprised the next day when Annie got home from training one of her horses at the horse ranch, to see three large spire-cut tiberium in her yard.

UNEjDR8.jpg

Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    @Nikkei_Simmer - You can´t proof anything! Only his dog saw him read it!
    Screenshot-x7305.jpg

Something I picked up on recently: Insane witches don´t seem to have any restrictions concerning casting spells on other sims or objects. My not insane witches roll the wish to cast a spell on someone, insane witches just do it (including fire spells, which is kinda dangerous).
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Yesterday I found out that if you have two sims in the same family that have the mixology skill and one of them moonlights as a mixologist and the other orders a specific drink from that bar (any of the named ones like Cherry Casanova, Woohoo on the beach) BOTH the sim moonlighting AND the sim ordering learn the new recipe.
  • Options
    phillipsg148phillipsg148 Posts: 6 New Member
    eating cheese cake when your sim is pregnant is suppose to help increase chance of twins.

if your sims have a big garden to water consider buying sprinklers and upgrade them to auto water, saves time tending garden.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited March 2019
    eating cheese cake when your sim is pregnant is suppose to help increase chance of twins.
    Fun fact: I've never heard of this one either but I believe that was a TS2 thing. In fact, cheesecake doesn't exist in TS3 at least not without modded food content. Does it? (maybe the bakery store set, but I don't recall at the moment seeing it there either...)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    phillipsg148phillipsg148 Posts: 6 New Member
    did anyone realize that there was a family named newbie in the original sims 1 game that you could play as and there is one in riverview too.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Fun fact: I've never heard of this one either but I believe that was a TS2 thing. In fact, cheesecake doesn't exist in TS3 at least not without modded food content. Does it? (maybe the bakery store set, but I don't recall at the moment seeing it there either...)

Yeah, the cheesecake thing is a Sims 2 thing, not a Sims 3 thing. And I don't see it as one of the recipes for the bakery set as well.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited March 2019
    The only "cheesecake" there is, is an edible cc one and it doesn't affect gameplay in any way shape or form.
    One Billion Pixels - Edible Cheesecake for sims 3,

The Deliciously Indulgent Bakery doesn't have an option for cheesecake either and I'm really peeved about that. :( Because cheesecake is my favorite type of cake...and well...(my tastebuds have matured, I guess; can't stand overly sweet stuff nowadays) EA should have put cheesecake into the Bakery...gosh darn it!!! Guess I'm just going to have to live with Key Lime Pie.

EA, you do realize that the lack of cheesecake in Sims 3 is not looking good in your favour? ~twiddling thumbs; glare~
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    And for a moment there I was like, "The Sims 3 has Cheesecake!?" :astonished: How on EARTH did I miss that!?!?

:lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The real problem with this conversation is that I began craving cheesecake myself from the time I started responding to it, from that point all of the bakeries in my area would have been closed, and I wasn't about to bake my own. By the time I can actually get some, I am sure the craving will have passed. :/

I don't think my sims care one way or the other, they seem very happy with the baked goods they do get to enjoy.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    The real problem with this conversation is that I began craving cheesecake myself from the time I started responding to it, from that point all of the bakeries in my area would have been closed, and I wasn't about to bake my own. By the time I can actually get some, I am sure the craving will have passed. :/

I don't think my sims care one way or the other, they seem very happy with the baked goods they do get to enjoy.

I'm sorry. :( If it's any consolation, I've been wanting some cheesecake too...and yeah...it's 11:43PM and all the stores are closed. :(

GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Well, there is a 24 hour supermarket, they have frozen ones. (looks outside, it's snowing again...nah, forget it). :s
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    The real problem with this conversation is that I began craving cheesecake myself from the time I started responding to it, from that point all of the bakeries in my area would have been closed, and I wasn't about to bake my own. By the time I can actually get some, I am sure the craving will have passed. :/ .

Easiest cheesecake recipe in the world is mixing a block of cream cheese with a tub of whipped cream... That's it... And a crust... If you can wait that long, which I occasionally do not lol but it's seriously delicious and stupid easy :)

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Easiest cheesecake recipe in the world is mixing a block of cream cheese with a tub of whipped cream... That's it... And a crust... If you can wait that long, which I occasionally do not lol but it's seriously delicious and stupid easy :)
    It's just not going to taste right if I don't crack an egg and throw the whole thing, shells and all, into it like our sims do whenever they bake anything. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I just started a new game with a young adult married couple. I sent the husband to get a rabbithole job, then to the library to read a logic book, since he needs logic for his career. I sent the wife to the grocery store, then to the library, also to read a logic book, not because she needs it, but being a genius, she wished to learn logic. There were plenty of empty chairs for her to choose from, but she chose to sit next to her husband. The whole time they were sitting there reading, without looking at or talking to each other, there were blue relationship-gain plus signs appearing above their heads. I never saw that before. But then, my family members don't often choose to sit next to each other at the library.

ixfsqmD.jpg
  • Options
    I've never seen relationship gains on reading together, that's awesome. But yes, sims will often (not always) go right past a lot of comfy places to sit near or with those whom they like. In addition to reading, I can also see that when sims grab a coffee or informal meals and when teens do homework. Not everyone around them needs to be doing the same things that they are, they just seem to like the company. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    It's just not going to taste right if I don't crack an egg and throw the whole thing, shells and all, into it like our sims do whenever they bake anything. :p

:D:D:D rofl!!! My husband, an amateur but very very good baker, would probably seize from twitching so much while watching that hahaha!

• Options
    @igazor I don't see it happen often that my sims choose to sit next to each other, because it seems the location where they'll sit is determined as soon as the interaction of getting a book/meal/drink/whatever starts. So if the other family member hasn't sat down at that point, they won't sit together. But, when one of them is already seated, the second one almost always does sit next to them. In this case, the husband had been reading at the library for some time before the wife arrived.
  • Options
    The real problem with this conversation is that I began craving cheesecake myself from the time I started responding to it, from that point all of the bakeries in my area would have been closed, and I wasn't about to bake my own. By the time I can actually get some, I am sure the craving will have passed. :/ .

@AbellaKellaher - I really need to try that one of these days. I could crumble some graham crackers in there for the crust taste. :D Just shove all the ingredients in a bowl and grab a spoon. My wife would be horrified. :D:mrgreen: Well... I'm a guy...what does she expect? :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options

Goodness... And here I'm trying to watch what I eat and lose weight. :confused:

;)

Sounds divine! :yum: And I'd be like @Nikkei_Simmer throwing it all in a bowl and grabbing a spoon!
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Wow, the creamy snack emergency thing is still going on?

Just shove all the ingredients in a bowl and grab a spoon.
    Technically, a spoon is not required. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options

@AbellaKellaher - I really need to try that one of these days. I could crumble some graham crackers in there for the crust taste. :D Just shove all the ingredients in a bowl and grab a spoon. My wife would be horrified. :D:mrgreen: Well... I'm a guy...what does she expect? :D

I'm not a guy and that's what I do with all the leftovers (I usually make this for parties, use a little pastry scoop to place a scoop on homemade brownies.) And oh gee wouldn't ya know it, there's SO MUCH LEFT! ;D

@emorrill - I was really surprised at how yummy it is. I usually add a little lemon for some zing but otherwise it's just scrumptious.

@igazor - you, sir, are correct! hahaha!

• Options

I forgot to mention this recipe is no bake! And if you're craving that graham cracker crust, just crunch some up on a baking sheet, baste with melted butter, pop in the oven to toast while you're mixing the cream cheese and whipped cream. By the time you're done mixing your graham cracker crust crumble topping will be just right :D

• Options

I forgot to mention this recipe is no bake! And if you're craving that graham cracker crust, just crunch some up on a baking sheet, baste with melted butter, pop in the oven to toast while you're mixing the cream cheese and whipped cream. By the time you're done mixing your graham cracker crust crumble topping will be just right :D

@AbellaKellaher You're killing me here!!

• Options
    emorrill wrote: »

@AbellaKellaher You're killing me here!!

Slowly. With no bake cheesecake. but what a way to go! ;):D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top