March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

rags to riches houses

honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 3 Builders
so have you ever made a sims house without using cheats at all? you can't do much, unless you save up for AGES to redo the whole thing. I've only done it twice. Show me your rags to riches houses!

the original house with some of the stuff i collected (not that great):
d3Le3PN.jpg
HvR2Fsh.jpg
mPyJRJJ.jpg

new house just made on the same lot with $77k to spare:
JdyZE7Z.jpg
QfQFICP.jpg
szPxqN3.jpg
q5jtBEc.jpg
7cZG22a.jpg
6GkOXlL.jpg
JKdgSGG.jpg
jF3MPei.jpg
"every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
Post edited by honeyboom on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    edited May 2017
    The exterior design of the new home looks very nice! :) It looks a very nice light filled home! The skylighting roofing looks very nice! It looks very nice that the home is built over the water and with the water around the edges of it. The turtles are a nice touch on the base of the water. The layout of the build and the use of the stairs looks very nice. Very nice rooftop music and art patio! The lights look nice on the edges of the patio, Sims will enjoy playing the musical instruments that are there or painting on the easel in the sunshine. Very nice dance room! Sims will very nice views through the glass windows whilst having fun dancing to the stereo music. The outddoors chess patio looks great ! Sims will have fun playing chess in the outdoors air. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The tv watching nook is very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa watching tv. The colourful circles floor print looks pretty! It is nice that there is a bar counter for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Pyur_JeniusPyur_Jenius Posts: 101 Member
    edited May 2017
    I have a sim on the way to riches with no cheating. I've been slowly updating a very cool starter house i downloaded. It'll take a while longer yet, but does that count or are you asking only for a house started from scratch?

Oh, also, your house is amazing!
    Jaz_in_SG-captioned%20copy_zps0ecd2f78.jpg

Greed destroys everything it touches.
    Gallery Link: PyurJenius
  • honeyboomhoneyboom Posts: 243 Member
    I have a sim on the way to riches with no cheating. I've been slowly updating a very cool starter house i downloaded. It'll take a while longer yet, but does that count or are you asking only for a house started from scratch?

Oh, also, your house is amazing!

both i guess
    thank you ^_^
    "every star may be a sun to someone"-carl sagan
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I haven't gotten that far as yet, but I have a nice starter home for only 6,000 and am trying for that. My sims are teens so I am not in any hurry as yet. I guess you can use a starter home. I can update it as the game goes on.
  • SylirabSylirab Posts: 16 Member
    The second house is very elegant. Maybe the terrace is so... desertic ? And it's strange in a desert to have many windows. But, regardless of this, it's a success.
  • FunkycormFunkycorm Posts: 50 Member
    Looks good.