Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Country theme: No longer a Farming GP for The Sims 4?

Thumbnail_688x336_ADD1.jpg
So Style B is a more country-ish style.
But does that mean EA will no longer consider a Farming GP that obviously has the same art style/ theme?
The Farming GP, similar to famous indie game Stardew Valley, has been a highly requested idea for a Game Pack in the ideas corner.

Will we no longer get a Farming GP because the theme is already considered "done" in a Stuff Pack?
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Don't furrow your brow, @FreezerBunnyCowplant I'm sure the team is plowing ahead with their plans. They'll thresh it out, never fear. They're good at milking this thing for all it's goat. They just have to get their ducks in a row.
    This is no time to chicken out.
    Wool just have to wheat and see.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I think farming and eco living are about as similar as perfect patio stuff and backyard stuff. So, I wouldn't say it's out of the running quit yet.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    FreezerBunny, does this thread mean you're no longer obsessed only with elevator woohoo and are now ready to campaign for farming? :D
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2017
    IngeJones wrote: »
    FreezerBunny, does this thread mean you're no longer obsessed only with elevator woohoo and are now ready to campaign for farming? :D

There's no hope for elevators anymore so my new obsession is Shower WooHoo. The farming thing is just a part-time job. :)

And I'm so relieved that farming is still a possibility. :) Can't wait for Shower WooHoo and farming!
    a256aFi.gif
    edited May 2017
    There's no hope for elevators anymore so my new obsession is Shower WooHoo. The farming thing is just a part-time job. :)
    And I'm so relieved that farming is still a possibility. :) Can't wait for Shower WooHoo and farming!

Two words: Haystack WooHoo.

Post edited by TheLibrarySim on
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Barn loft woohoo.
  • RinieSilmeRinieSilme Posts: 53 Member
    @TheLibrarySim "Two words: Haystack WooHoo."
    You made my laugh XDXD
    RinieSilme wrote: »
    @TheLibrarySim "Two words: Haystack WooHoo."
    You made my laugh XDXD

Thank you! My work here is done.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wow haven't checked this section in a few weeks and just hearing what @SimGuruGraham had to say here has given me hope for the future. I reallly want a farming pack one day. As for the furniture between this style and what we are getting in the upcoming parenting pack I'm really happy for these more country/traditional/ or shabby chic looks.
    Post edited by Hermitgirl on
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Wow haven't checked this section in a few weeks and just hearing what @SimGuruGrant had to say here has given me hope for the future. I reallly want a farming pack one day. As for the furniture between this style and what we are getting in the upcoming parenting pack I'm really happy for these more country/traditional/ or shabby chic looks.

Yeah we need more "rustic" objects in TS4. We already have many of these sterile, modern furnitures.
    a256aFi.gif
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Once you see all the concept art we've been making for the upcoming vote on May 18th I think your concern will be assuaged. I don't think there's anything about the work we've done on this pack so far that would stop us from considering a farming theme in the future.

OMG! This gave me life. Please I beg, my wish and dreams for the Sims 4 is to see it have a farming game play and pack. Just would like to see how it will be in Sims 4. This just gave me hope to seeing that I will get my wish one day. Oh! Please let it be so.
    lovlyb wrote: »
    Once you see all the concept art we've been making for the upcoming vote on May 18th I think your concern will be assuaged. I don't think there's anything about the work we've done on this pack so far that would stop us from considering a farming theme in the future.

OMG! This gave me life. Please I beg, my wish and dreams for the Sims 4 is to see it have a farming game play and pack. Just would like to see how it will be in Sims 4. This just gave me hope to seeing that I will get my wish one day. Oh! Please let it be so.

Yeah we all need some good agricultural stuff and haystack WooHoo. ;)
    a256aFi.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think this SP is just showing that there's a demand for "country" gameplay, so I do not think it rules that out at all. If anything, it says that there is popular interest and makes it more logical to develop one.

I say that as someone who likes variety in my gameplay and for whom "country" content would sometimes be appealing. I would certainly have some of my sims be in the country.

Right now, I've been playing a lot in the countryside of WB and it's a lot of fun. I'd love to see an expansive country world though. The stuff from this SP would just fit in, it would hardly encompass everything. It would also encourage "cross-selling" of this SP, a country theme and content such as backyard, possibly the new Parenthood GP, pets and seasons. For those who like supernatural play, I can also see them using a country theme for some vampires, etc.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I think a farm pack is coming B)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    I think a farm pack is coming B)

Would be awesome! I want chickens, bees and crop fields!
    a256aFi.gif
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Don't furrow your brow, @FreezerBunnyCowplant I'm sure the team is plowing ahead with their plans. They'll thresh it out, never fear. They're good at milking this thing for all it's goat. They just have to get their ducks in a row.
    This is no time to chicken out.
    Wool just have to wheat and see.

Omg, this is amazing. :D
    #Team Occult
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > IngeJones wrote: »
    >
    > FreezerBunny, does this thread mean you're no longer obsessed only with elevator woohoo and are now ready to campaign for farming? :D
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's no hope for elevators anymore so my new obsession is Shower WooHoo. The farming thing is just a part-time job. :)
    >
    > And I'm so relieved that farming is still a possibility. :) Can't wait for Shower WooHoo and farming!

Gotta agree, @FreezerBunnyCowplant ! I loved shower woo-hoo in TS3! It was multi-tasking at its finest! <3
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I'd love a farming/countryside/rustic themed game pack. I think there is a lot that could be added having to do with the countryside and farming. Plus, I know I've made plenty of country themed lots. I even made a build on a 50X50 lot called Seasonsong Farm based of of my mother in laws farm and I had to make a make shift barn and chicken house, but couldn't make a tree house. I used the decorative chickens and normal walling, but it would be better to have one that actually works. Plus tree-houses do seem like more of a countryside than a city thing. We could also get some more plants, landscape options like dirt or grass fitting the countryside. Maybe a pond option where we can make fishing ponds for the larger farms. Swimming pools and fountains don't allow you to fish and don't really do the job. Some cows might be cool and if we don't get horses in pets for a farming game pack or maybe even an expansion pack like with city living? Plus the canning, jam, etc stations could go with a farming pack.