Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires have a cold

In the three save games I have my sims have all met Caleb Vatore he showed a slight symptom of a cold briefly and it was subtle then a few sim days later the sims who met Caleb got a cold and had to take medicine, I find it odd that vampires can get sick this happened in all three save games surely my whole game is not glitched and it might be tide to woohoo at Calebs house I'm not sure. I just had a silly thought while typing this because my brain is kind of weird my thought was that Caleb has a bug bed Ha ha Ha :D
The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    You could try switching out the beds at the Vatores to see if that has something to do with it. Haven't noticed any illnesses with my vampire and he's friends with the Vatore siblings.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    It's happened to my vampires too. They can drink orange juice and green tea too. For some reason, that doesn't seem to count as human food.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    It's happened to my vampires too. However, I have tried to stay away from the medical career and sometimes that seems to help. It doesn't work all the time, but it works a lot of the time.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    @stilljustme2 being friends is not what I meant unless your sims are woohooing in his house with Caleb LOL
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    @Andiratyme I have one vampire as a doctor and yes she got a cold once but what's happening at the Vatores house is very odd and it just started happening with the cold thing
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I don't know then. I try hard to stay away from Caleb and Lilith. I just don't like them that much. One of my games made him the police chief and he drank from my sim in the middle of the day while she was at work. That kind of bothered me so I stay far away from them.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    My vampires are getting sick too. Honestly if this a bug, it needs to be fixed. It is weird immortal vampires are getting sick with normal sim disease.

@SimGuruNick Can you please let us know if this is a bug or working as intended?
  • SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    @keekee53 Just asked a designer about this, and it's just something we overlooked. Vampires shouldn't get sick, like you said. I'll file a report! :)
    edited May 2017
    @keekee53 Just asked a designer about this, and it's just something we overlooked. Vampires shouldn't get sick, like you said. I'll file a report! :)

awesome and thank you :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don't know, Vampires between Weak Skin, but immortal... I admit it does seem weird that they can pick up human diseases... but maybe they should have their own diseases?

I'm Just saying @SimGuruNick...

If they bit someone, drank blood/plasma from a sim who was sick perhaps it should do something to them.

In my belief Vampire Lore, I think it is possible for a vampire to be ill, Just because you are immortal doesn't mean you have a super immune system... I'm just saying instead of patching it as A Fix, maybe add it as a additional Strength or Weakness
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SapphicMojoSapphicMojo Posts: 58 Member
    Seems to still be happening. Every vampire family I've started since Seasons (at least 5) have all gotten sick. No pets, no woohoo with Vatore. It's quite vexing.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited July 2018

@SimGuruNick Is this still on the to-fix list?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    my vamps get sick too plus they show up sick at the hospital alot more than my human sims...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

RavenSpit wrote: »
    my vamps get sick too plus they show up sick at the hospital alot more than my human sims...

It is bananas.
  • EspeonLuver93EspeonLuver93 Posts: 21 Member
    Personally, I really don't care if they can get sick or not. The only frustrating part was I didn't realize that vampire sims can take the medicine. Both of my sim vampires have the withered stomach weakness and can't eat normal human sim food and drinks or they'll get sick. It wasn't until I read this post I found out that they can take the medicine and not get sick. It really is strange that the vampires can get sick and take normal human sim medication. But it's not a huge problem for me, as long as I can have them take the medicine it's fine. But I would still want it to be fixed if it is a bug.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    There's plenty of things they are immune to, so it doesn't bother me too much. Although every time it happens, I keep thinking of the first line of one of my favorite urban fantasy books that goes, "Vamps didn't get sick."
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited January 2019
    I've only had my vampire sim get sick once, which I thought was strange but honestly it didn't really bother me. It probably shouldn't happen, but then again I also feel vampires should be less immune to some things or at least players should have options. For instance I kind of wish vampires were more affected by temperatures, not dying or getting sick by it, but at least uncomfortable and changing their outfits to suit it. My vampire is rather precious and prefers a nice home with central heating than a cold musty castle lol, but I always have to change his outfits manually. I know others would disagree though. There are so many different variations on vampires after all.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've taken to just cheating the 'sickness resistant' trait onto every one of the vampires i play, even though sims with that trait can still get sick occasionally (in a similar vein, i cheat that onto ghosts, as well as giving most of them the never weary and never hungry traits. though overexertion ghosts don't get never weary and starvation ghosts don't get never hungry)
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i've taken to just cheating the 'sickness resistant' trait onto every one of the vampires i play, even though sims with that trait can still get sick occasionally (in a similar vein, i cheat that onto ghosts, as well as giving most of them the never weary and never hungry traits. though overexertion ghosts don't get never weary and starvation ghosts don't get never hungry)

Well heck, I never realized those traits were a thing. Nice.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    sickness resistant is only a thing if you have the get to work expansion. it's officially unlocked when a sim hits...i think level 8 of the doctor career. the others i listed were added sometime last year as really expensive reward traits, higher tier versions of the reward traits that make specific individual needs drop slower. now they can freeze those needs instead