Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

§Transferring/Moving with Household Funds§

meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
edited May 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I wish there was a way for households to move out with their appropriate household funds. For example, when I have a top earner in a household and move him/her out, they end up with the default 20k, despite the fact they earned close to 50k in their last household.

In other words, I wish their moving funds reflected their earnings appropriately. No idea why this would be an issue if their Shrewd Aspiration appropriatly reflects their past earnings. Also I wish this applied to my households I upload in the gallery and Library too. Sometimes I upload families I worked on and have them save up, to later find out their funds disappear and end up with the default 20k when I add them back to my neighborhoods. :(

Can you guys/gals adjust this please?
Post edited by meeoun on

Comments

• ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    It's far from ideal, but as a workaround you could put some expensive items (such as musical instruments) in your Sim's inventory to take with them when they move out.

Even with depreciation your Sim will still be better off than moving out taking nothing with them.

I haven't any suggestions about Sims in the Gallery and Library.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • fairymama47fairymama47 Posts: 180 Member
    The team drops the ball on little issues like this all the time. That's what breaks immersion for me. If they could do it in previous versions why not in the sims 4? A similar issue is when you get your child taken away they do not come up for adoption at the adoption agency. I really wish the Gurus would pay attention to the "little" things.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    The team drops the ball on little issues like this all the time. That's what breaks immersion for me. If they could do it in previous versions why not in the sims 4? A similar issue is when you get your child taken away they do not come up for adoption at the adoption agency. I really wish the Gurus would pay attention to the "little" things.

I agree. These little things are adding up and really ruining the experience for me. It's starting to get hard to ignore some of them and stretch the imagination.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It would be great if we had an option to give the others part of the household funds. Like a menu that pops up (like running a business) where the money can be transferred to those who are moving out....please.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It would be great if we had an option to give the others part of the household funds. Like a menu that pops up (like running a business) where the money can be transferred to those who are moving out....please.
    YES. Especially Heritance
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Totally agree. In 3, a grown child/ex-partner could use family funds to buy whatever house they wanted, now in 4 they have to start back at the beginning.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah I would love this. We totally need this feature. I also want some type of child support feature in game too. Hopefully we will see something like this with the family game pack.

I also would love a move out option on the phone. It is annoying having to go to household management to split the households. If this is not possible at least allow the transfer of funds during the household split.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Just wanted to recommend a mod - "ATM Cards" which has been recently updated that can help out with this feature. You can purchase "ATM cards" which are basically cash equivalents and put them in the inventory of your sims. Also, they don't depreciate like violins do. I've been waiting for this mod to be updated and now it has! There's also a credit feature too. Go to http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=595100 to download.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    Just wanted to recommend a mod - "ATM Cards" which has been recently updated that can help out with this feature. You can purchase "ATM cards" which are basically cash equivalents and put them in the inventory of your sims. Also, they don't depreciate like violins do. I've been waiting for this mod to be updated and now it has! There's also a credit feature too. Go to http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=595100 to download.

Thanks for the info. I;m going to keep an eye on this and consider it for the future.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.