I'm still fairly new to the CC world but have already managed to amass 4Gb of CC which has started to slow my game down. I learnt recently that If you remove all the characters from CC filenames performance is drastically improved. By characters I'm referring to spaces, square brackets and a few other symbols people use when naming their CC files. I used Automator to create a workflow and App. to rename the files and my game is lag free again.
I've written on my help site explaining how to do this and also uploaded the workflow and app for anyone who's interested. You can simply download them, drag the files to be renamed and job done!
In one fell swoop your files can go from this:
I hope others find this as useful as I have