Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What should be added/fixed with free updates?

Comments

• taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Fix butlers. Allow our households to choose a butler and for that butler to stay with that family permanently. Tired of them swapping out during rotational play. Also give specific instructions to the butler like selecting a specific meal to cook, or make them clean or mop rather than waiting for them to do it whenever they feel like it (which is hardly ever).

Same goes for nannies.
  • StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Yes a Butler and Nannie Fix

Butlers do nothing but annoy me.
    you ask for dinner when your starving . and they cook you beans and franks lol. I too believe we should be able to tell them what we want them to cook. like when we ask for dinner. the menu should pop up and we chose.

Yes, they should stay with the family until you fire them.
    ( I had a toddler that fired the Butler)
    And Butlers should never be Elders,
    I feel guilty when I ask them to do anything. because their back hurts and they are a bit crazy talking to them self all the time.
    So I think Adult only is a good age for them.
    They should never use your tub. if they have a bath of their own.
    annoyingly spraying all over the computer. while you are using it.??
    Then when you go to bed they come in your room and wait. creepy lol.

Nannies
    The First nannies did try.
    But the new men nannies do not even try to take care of your child. not the ones I have used.
    I had twin toddlers. so I wanted a break. to just go out to dinner alone. I was a single parent.
    while at dinner. before I even got my dinner served. I looked down and saw both of my toddlers in red, so I just return home, I find both of my toddlers starving, and dirty, both in red.
    The nanny was not even on the lot.
    while I was feeding the toddlers. he came in and sat on the couch and started watching TV. that has never happened before the new men nannies.I tried the men nannies 2 times. (I have nothing aginst men nannies.) I just think when we hire nannies we should not have to worry if they are taking care of our kid or babies.

I find that parents can take care of their own kids, and toddlers better alone. to many around and the toddler gets mixed up one puts them in the highchair to feed them, the other takes them out. and the baby mostly needs food and sleep at the same time. so that's not good.
    Now I just let the family do it. and it works out better.

Now I do not hire Butlers or nannies. I only keep butlers that have been on since the start for some families. and its no need to remove them I have a few like that.
    Before the new nannies... you could call and hire a Nannie, and she would show up whenever you leave the house. and sometimes help when you are home. I liked that service. The new ones no.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited June 2017
    taydev wrote: »
    Fix butlers. Allow our households to choose a butler and for that butler to stay with that family permanently. Tired of them swapping out during rotational play. Also give specific instructions to the butler like selecting a specific meal to cook, or make them clean or mop rather than waiting for them to do it whenever they feel like it (which is hardly ever).

Same goes for nannies.
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Yes a Butler and Nannie Fix

Butlers do nothing but annoy me.
    you ask for dinner when your starving . and they cook you beans and franks lol. I too believe we should be able to tell them what we want them to cook. like when we ask for dinner. the menu should pop up and we chose.

Yes, they should stay with the family until you fire them.
    ( I had a toddler that fired the Butler)
    And Butlers should never be Elders,
    I feel guilty when I ask them to do anything. because their back hurts and they are a bit crazy talking to them self all the time.
    So I think Adult only is a good age for them.
    They should never use your tub. if they have a bath of their own.
    annoyingly spraying all over the computer. while you are using it.??
    Then when you go to bed they come in your room and wait. creepy lol.

Nannies
    The First nannies did try.
    But the new men nannies do not even try to take care of your child. not the ones I have used.
    I had twin toddlers. so I wanted a break. to just go out to dinner alone. I was a single parent.
    while at dinner. before I even got my dinner served. I looked down and saw both of my toddlers in red, so I just return home, I find both of my toddlers starving, and dirty, both in red.
    The nanny was not even on the lot.
    while I was feeding the toddlers. he came in and sat on the couch and started watching TV. that has never happened before the new men nannies.I tried the men nannies 2 times. (I have nothing aginst men nannies.) I just think when we hire nannies we should not have to worry if they are taking care of our kid or babies.

I find that parents can take care of their own kids, and toddlers better alone. to many around and the toddler gets mixed up one puts them in the highchair to feed them, the other takes them out. and the baby mostly needs food and sleep at the same time. so that's not good.
    Now I just let the family do it. and it works out better.

Now I do not hire Butlers or nannies. I only keep butlers that have been on since the start for some families. and its no need to remove them I have a few like that.
    Before the new nannies... you could call and hire a Nannie, and she would show up whenever you leave the house. and sometimes help when you are home. I liked that service. The new ones no.

These are really great ideas. Would be awesome to have. :smile:
  • xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if this is a glitch or if it's just my game but whenever there's a bookshelf on a lot (residential or community) Sims take books to read but never put them away or back into their inventories. Like my one Sim was a member of the Avant Gardes and it 🐸🐸🐸🐸 me off so much that at every club gathering, every table and even the floor would be riddled with books. Every. single. time. I eventually had to make her leave the club because it bothered the heck out of me. Still bothers me that they do it at home too. If it's a traits thing, okay but otherwise I'd really like to see this fixed!

I also agree with the faster restaurant service. I sent my household to have dinner at around 8pm and by the time they were done it was almost noon the next day. There were only two other couples there and the restaurant had two cooking stations! Like, seriously? 0/10 rating lol
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    edited July 2017
    Memory system. Nothing that happens in a sim's life, affects them in any sense of long run. Since it was advertised that TS4's sims are "smarter than ever" and that things in their life affect them later on, I only think it fair that we get exactly that in an update. Memories should be tied to other sims and locations, eg. a sim maybe remembering their first kiss when visiting the lot it happened at and turning happy/flirty, or getting sad when visiting the lot where a loved one died etc. Maybe eating pancakes reminds a sim of their honeymoon, because they ate it every morning for that period, or seeing pufferfish nigiri makes a sim sad/scared because they saw someone die from eating it.

One of the things I like about the Sims 4 is that it doesn't have a memory system. I hated this feature in Sims 2. I got so sick of my sims randomly freaking out about some kitchen fire that happened ages ago or constantly crying over the death of some random sim they happened to see die. They would even stop doing something important so they could whine about bugs they had to kill at some point. It was completely disruptive to game play and ultimately useless. The game has become so buggy lately that it's hard enough directing my sims, a memory system would just make it worse, and what if a sim's mother died on the same lot as their first kiss? Would they be flirty or sad or would the confusing emotional mix just make them hate themselves?
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
    I think our Sims are crazy enough, please do not add more memory systems. If they could get through the moment that would be great. :p
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    edited July 2017
    I like TS2 memory system, and even though I've played that game quite a lot, I don't remember it having such annoying influence. For me, it was more kind of a record of Sims' lives, some mark of their history. That's what I miss, to be honest. In TS3 it was way too excesive (yeah, every visit in the park or groceries shopping is soooo important and remarkable), but I'd like to have some trace of what's happening with my Sims other than screenshots taken by myself. It wouldn't have to influence Sims's behaviour directly (or it could depend of our decision).
    Post edited by HelenaWiktoria on
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited July 2017
    A_Culler wrote: »
    Memory system. Nothing that happens in a sim's life, affects them in any sense of long run. Since it was advertised that TS4's sims are "smarter than ever" and that things in their life affect them later on, I only think it fair that we get exactly that in an update. Memories should be tied to other sims and locations, eg. a sim maybe remembering their first kiss when visiting the lot it happened at and turning happy/flirty, or getting sad when visiting the lot where a loved one died etc. Maybe eating pancakes reminds a sim of their honeymoon, because they ate it every morning for that period, or seeing pufferfish nigiri makes a sim sad/scared because they saw someone die from eating it.

One of the things I like about the Sims 4 is that it doesn't have a memory system. I hated this feature in Sims 2. I got so sick of my sims randomly freaking out about some kitchen fire that happened ages ago or constantly crying over the death of some random sim they happened to see die. They would even stop doing something important so they could whine about bugs they had to kill at some point. It was completely disruptive to game play and ultimately useless. The game has become so buggy lately that it's hard enough directing my sims, a memory system would just make it worse, and what if a sim's mother died on the same lot as their first kiss? Would they be flirty or sad or would the confusing emotional mix just make them hate themselves?

Yeah that was annoying. But it could be improved. I would like sims to have memories of other sims that influence their behavior toward that sim and affect the future of the relationship. Because I want more believable and meaningful relationships. I want choices to matter. Not some 50 first dates kind of thing, where they aren't aware of previous interactions at all.

I don't just want a "record" of the past I want the past, present and future to flow together.
    I didn't play TS2, so I can't comment on that. However, with TS3, I used memories like more of way to remember what happened in my sim's life, getting nostalgic when I remember certain things etc. I also always read all the memories of my sims' spouses to see what they were up to before they married. I actually found out through the memory scrapbook that one of my sims' spouses woohoo'd with another sim after my sim and he had their first kiss :neutral: Was not impressed.
    But yeah, either way (TS2-style or TS3), I definitely think one should be added. Maybe the option to turn it on and off would please most people.
  • A_CullerA_Culler Posts: 1,133 Member
    I understand that many people want a rich and fulfilling game experience, but from a practical perspective I would much rather the team work on fixing the features they have now. Social interactions are still very buggy and toddler interactions are the worst. Fill empty homes no longer works and hasn't for a while, clones are broken, townies wear completely ridiculous outfits especially with City Living, and many other bugs that I'm sure I forgot or haven't personally encountered. In the end it doesn't matter what features get added as we'll always be posting about how the game is lacking in some area, because we're insatiable humans and that's how we think.
    Loneliness is a tax we have to pay to atone for a certain complexity of mind.

36187445662_5c73f737ed_c.jpg
    "I have yet to find a gold so pure that it's worth it's weight in dog."
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Dartboard please? :*
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Burglars NPCs and Shower WooHoo
    a256aFi.gif
  • cjosecjose Posts: 265 Member
    I'd like to see the Sims Sit while watching TV again.
  • HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    I'd like to have two options for "Ask to Leave". The way it's now it feels a little weird, because Sims are always looking like complaining. I know there's a mod for more friendly animation for this interaction, but then again, I don't always want to be friendly. Sometimes I just want to kick people out of my house. It'd be nice if we have available two options all the time.
    I'd like to have two options for "Ask to Leave". The way it's now it feels a little weird, because Sims are always looking like complaining. I know there's a mod for more friendly animation for this interaction, but then again, I don't always want to be friendly. Sometimes I just want to kick people out of my house. It'd be nice if we have available two options all the time.
    yup :)
    edited July 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Dartboard please? :*

we have dartboards ;)

I rather they do not even Make Sims 5 if they can not do something about the loading, Before game starts, and In-game loading.
    It must be a matter of cost. whatever they need to pay for it. Do it!
    its pathetic :s
    Post edited by Stormsview on
    cjose wrote: »
    I'd like to see the Sims Sit while watching TV again.

I know right!
  • pinkyrue0101pinkyrue0101 Posts: 9 New Member
    I would love it if we could reorder tasks. For example... I have ordered my sim to cook several meals back to back. Then a neighbor sim decides to drop by. I'd love to click on the neighbor "invite in", and then drag that task between the meals I've asked my sim to cook to reorder the task list. That way I don't have to cancel out all the tasks and assign them again just to invite in the neighbor. It's not a major change, but I think it would improve gameplay immensely.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Enough with the random clothes changing. Let sims wear their own clothes to the festivals (except GeekCon, of course). Especially our played sims, what's the point of carefully choosing their outfits in CAS, if the game is just going to put some ridiculous get up on them?
    And what's with all the hats?

And enough already with adults & YA playing with the doll house & teens obsessed with potty training.

Also get rid of the "homework" for careers. Getting the required skill levels up are fine, but what do they do all day, that they have to spend their evening filling out reports? I've had at least half my sims quit their jobs or not start a career at all because I'm sick & tired of them having time for nothing else.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    I also think cars should be added in an update like how they were in TS2. I'd kind of be mad if it would be a future stuff/game pack because in previous games they were either added as free DLC or included in the base game.
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• pansexualpapyruspansexualpapyrus Posts: 2 New Member
    Honestly what I want to see is people with disabilities, such as being paraplegic or quadriplegic (In which they have a baller wheelchair that has robot arms that help out with things), being on crutches, missing a limb that can be from the wrist, elbow. or shoulder, and same thing with the leg, from ankle, knee and hip. I'd also like to see deaf & blind people. Another thing I'd like to see is mental disorders, like autism, Tourette's, depression, anxiety, speech impediments, downs syndrome, etc.

Not everyone in the real world has all 4 limbs, can walk, can talk, can see. Some of my disabled friends are disappointed that they aren't portrayed properly in the game.

One of my friends, who is a quadriplegic was watching me play, and said, "Can you make me?" So I made her and she said, "That's not me" I replied, "What do you mean?" she said "She's not in a wheelchair, she doesn't have a lisp, she looks normal, I'm not normal, my spine is crooked, I can't hold my head up, I drool if I leave my mouth open too long, and, let's face it, I'm not potty trained. I want to be properly portrayed"

I think it's about time that The Sims started portraying real people.

(I'm writing it here because I don't know how to start a discussion)
  • bolinhofofo3bolinhofofo3 Posts: 6 New Member
    I agree with everything OP said, absolutely everything! I would also like to visit my neighbors without a loading screen, since they live just next door to me, leaving the "travel" options to other neighborhoods/worlds. I know the devs have already said this might slow things down but still...

I like imagining the developers having a list with a lot of these and they just neglect to tick them off, but it just seems unrealistic.
  • BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    This is the first time I've *almost* completely agreed with a post!!! Most of the time people are unrealistic, but you addressed reasonable (maybe not apartment...) fixes and upgrades that I really would appreciate. The only thing I don't want implemented is the "Let child skills actually contribute to their lives when they age up..." It is too easy to level up skills, and I play aging off so I can age up when I want to, so I like how I have something to gain after I max childhood skills. If that makes sense...

Anyways, thanks for the post @Louise_G0325
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
    @Blargian Thanks! And yeah I removed the apartment thing. I was also thinking "ehhhh a bit unrealistic" while I was typing it, and I hate unrealistic requests, so yeah. Still wish we could do it though.