Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Geek Con Competitions?

Has anyone done one of these? I click on the computers and gaming stations, but there doesn't seem to be an option for "hackathon" or the gaming competition. I can enter regular gaming tournaments, but I don't think that's the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    just keep trying. i've had that happen but the option always shows up eventually
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    just keep trying. i've had that happen but the option always shows up eventually

Ok thanks!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    You'll get a notification the Hackathon and the other competitions will begin roughly an hour into GeekCon. The PCs will have a gold border around them when the competition starts. If you have decent Programming skills, you will earn the curved PC that's available in City Life as first prize.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    You'll get a notification the Hackathon and the other competitions will begin roughly an hour into GeekCon. The PCs will have a gold border around them when the competition starts. If you have decent Programming skills, you will earn the curved PC that's available in City Life as first prize.

Yeah, I've seen all that, but when I click on the computers or gaming devices, there's no option to join the competitions.
  • ThredheadThredhead Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="FanPhoria;d-917028"]Has anyone done one of these? I click on the computers and gaming stations, but there doesn't seem to be an option for "hackathon" or the gaming competition. I can enter regular gaming tournaments, but I don't think that's the same thing. Am I doing something wrong? [/quote]

Yes I am having the same problem. The Hackathon & UGT challenges are not available to me on the computers or motion gaming rig. I kept trying to click on them to find it & it popped up at the end of the festival @ 5pm, but wouldn’t allow my sim to do the activity. Then the challenge options disappeared again...
    I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong or if the game is glitching. The first time I attended the GeekCon festival, my sim was unemployed & the 2nd time attending, my Sim was working from home but shift ended at 2pm. I stayed at the festival both times until it was over(5pm) & all the items disappeared... Anyone else having this issue or know what to do??
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    The computers and gaming rigs will have a blinking outline when its time for the competition. I always get a notification.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited August 2020
    Are you using any mods?

Unemployment doesn't matter, I've had lots of unemployed sims take part in both contests. It also doesn't matter if your sim has a job. You can go after work (schedule permitting), work from home, take a vacation day, take a sick day, leave work early, skip work entirely, etc. None of that should make any difference. The Hackathon and UGT should start about an hour into the festival and end about an hour before the festival does. That's your window. If that's not happening, you either have a mod conflict or a bug.

Edited to add: Weather can be a problem if you have Seasons. The computers, gaming mats, and other electronics won't work if it's raining and will break pretty quickly. Snow probably has the same effects.