Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Door color matching

So I really like using the "Wooden Prairie-Style Two-Panel Door" but as you know its a double wide door, the only other door that matches it where its not practical to use the aforementioned door is the "Wooden Three-Panel Door". The problem is that door only comes in white.

I run into this issue a lot. Any chance we can get most if not all doors to come in matching colors (aside from white)? Or at least all doors come with both a white and a wood color? Pretty please? <3
Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
Origin ID NectereSim

Comments

• heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Same with windows. I wish all doors and windows had matching wood and white color options.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • A_MomA_Mom Posts: 868 Member
    I wish they would do this with everything! Especially since we don't have CASt anymore. It's really irritating and frustrating to be designing a room and not be able to use the rug you want or a decoration because it doesn't come in a color that goes with the other choices you've made.
  • Amistri2016Amistri2016 Posts: 65 Member
    I wish they would just add a color wheel in build mode for every item. Would rock it if it did this.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Agreed...
    It's really annoying when some of the doors, windows, pillars, or railing doesn't have a matching color swatch.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    Agreed...
    It's really annoying when some of the doors, windows, pillars, or railing doesn't have a matching color swatch.

Yeah, I like it when I can match wood across a room, and that can be extremely tricky especially when you factor in the fact that the non-wood furnishings may not be the right colour for the room. It's pretty hard to decorate a room nicely when there are so few options that match properly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    My other, yet, similar problem is with the doors and windows matching up. Like size or similarity wise. I don't want a window taller than my door, that just looks odd. Plus who wants a different color brown for their doors than their windows? I mean, that's my biggest problem, but I also get a little OCD about things being matchy like the stairs with the foundation with the fencing with the railing with the flooring and walling when I make a porch and so on and so forth. That isn't even to mention the whole counters not matching bars whenever you go to put them together. I guess I could just go on and on about this sort of issue with either sizing or colors being the issues. Now, while I do tend to use a lot of the same objects repeatedly (I do try to mix it up, but that's besides the point) and I don't feel like we needs a million colors, just having some colors and sizes that go together would be nice. Like black, white, brown, and tan should be basic color schemes for all doors, windows, stairs, etc.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    As a builder, this bugs the plum out of me. There are two different sets of windows that are white with brown window pane frames. One is dark brown and the other is light brown. WHY? Why can't they coordinate these things? Is it too much to ask for all the colors to coordinate and work together? C'mon!
  • Blossom55Blossom55 Posts: 1 New Member
    I totally agree. The other issue I have is the lack of a good set of French doors, I have to end up using what looks more like a front door and that never looks right!
  • ElderSimChildElderSimChild Posts: 38 Member
    I agree too. I wish everything matched.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Blossom55 wrote: »
    I totally agree. The other issue I have is the lack of a good set of French doors, I have to end up using what looks more like a front door and that never looks right!

I feel the same, we need proper, nice looking french doors. We also need at least one sliding glass door cause we don't have any and (in America at least) most houses have sliding glass doors for back doors.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • likesareelikesaree Posts: 204 Member
    Yes sliding and french doors would be awesome!
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would like taller doors and windows, too. Placing a regular door on these super tall walls looks like a door for Alice after she drank the potion. There's so much space above the doors and windows now. In mansions, I add art work above like they do in fancy houses, but the selection is so small, I tend to repeat a lot of pictures.